Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I lost my dad last night. He was a proud BU alum and always enjoyed following the team through me. I would constantly joke with him that he was a jinx because they never seemed to win when I brought him to games. I brought him with me to the opening of Agganis Arena back in 2005 because my dad was a big Harry Agganis fan, went to BU around the same time. I told him that since BU was playing Minnesota they’d probably lose so because it was Opening Night celebrating Harry Agganis, I wanted him to be there. And then BU surprised me and came up with a big win.

But my favorite story is the night BU won the national championship in 2009. I was in a cab heading to the big celebration with the team and a million BU people and I called home all giddy and excited. My dad gets on the phone and said “You want to know what I did for you? I turned the TV off when It was 3-1!” So thank you dad for giving me such an amazing memory.
    Condolences Scarlet & sorry for your loss.
    Sounds like you made the most of your time with a parent, so you, he.. you guys already won. 💕
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      The video confirms that McCann (#21) was late joining the play. NMU essentially had a 5-on-4.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEmOpuRbTUg

This longer video shows Sacco's game-tying goal and Amonte's last-second of regulation attempt at a game-winner. I recall seeing a clip of McEachern's shot off the post, but can't locate it now.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddVzRQwUDI
      It was both posts, IIRC.
      Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I lost my dad last night. He was a proud BU alum and always enjoyed following the team through me. I would constantly joke with him that he was a jinx because they never seemed to win when I brought him to games. I brought him with me to the opening of Agganis Arena back in 2005 because my dad was a big Harry Agganis fan, went to BU around the same time. I told him that since BU was playing Minnesota they’d probably lose so because it was Opening Night celebrating Harry Agganis, I wanted him to be there. And then BU surprised me and came up with a big win.

But my favorite story is the night BU won the national championship in 2009. I was in a cab heading to the big celebration with the team and a million BU people and I called home all giddy and excited. My dad gets on the phone and said “You want to know what I did for you? I turned the TV off when It was 3-1!” So thank you dad for giving me such an amazing memory.
        So sorry for your loss, and I hope you find comfort in those good memories.
        Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

The video confirms that McCann (#21) was late joining the play. NMU essentially had a 5-on-4.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEmOpuRbTUg

This longer video shows Sacco's game-tying goal and Amonte's last-second of regulation attempt at a game-winner. I recall seeing a clip of McEachern's shot off the post, but can't locate it now.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddVzRQwUDI
          Watching that first link:
          - Mark Krys doing an imitation of his future son bringing the puck right through the crease :-)
          - That was a long shift for Tomlinson. Today, nobody would be out there that long in an OT situation.
          - I forgot about that great chance for Lachance on a virtual 2 on 0 that sailed over the net.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            1991 NCAA semifinal.

I was at the 1977 semi. My middle son's college coach played in it.
            FYI - Clarkson's goalie in that '91 semi-final, Chris Rogles, coached my sons Squirt team a few years ago (with the Seacoast Spartans in Exeter, NH). His son was on the team.

I pulled up the video of that game so my son could see what Chris looked like back then (and so he could give him crap about the 5-goal first period) :-)

Comment

Condolences, Scarlet.

Comment

So sorry for your loss, Cindy.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Oh, one more funny story (well, funny for me ). So, as I mentioned, I wouldn’t let my dad go to BU games because he was such a jinx. We go to a Red Sox game in 2013, shortly after David Quinn was named BU’s head coach. We had just entered Fenway and I see Peter Fish, former Terrier goalie and current player agent/family advisor/whatever he does. Anyway, he sees me, comes over to say hi. Says “Your new coach is here with me!” And in walks Quinn. He knows me, comes over to say hi. I introduce him to my Dad, tell Quinn my dad an alum, Quinn says “Hope to see you at a game.” My dad tells Quinn “She doesn’t let me go to games.” Quinn looks at me and I said “That’s because we lose every time he goes.” Quinn didn’t believe me and I told him the last game my dad went to was that Harvard game at Agganis when BU was up 4-1, let Harvard score three goals to tie, then lost in OT. Peter Fish looks at Quinn and shook his head and said something like “She’s right.”

And thanks all. Your kind words are much appreciated.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Scarlet. Those sound like some good memories!

Comment

A few Harvard-BU connections that may attract Lackey: Paul Pearl and goalie coach Brian Ecklund, both formerly on the Harvard staff.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Scarlet condolences to you and the Demopoulos family including Gary and Alexis.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          FYI - Clarkson's goalie in that '91 semi-final, Chris Rogles, coached my sons Squirt team a few years ago (with the Seacoast Spartans in Exeter, NH). His son was on the team.

I pulled up the video of that game so my son could see what Chris looked like back then (and so he could give him crap about the 5-goal first period) :-)
                          There's video??
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            There's video??
                            And we even had pencils, washing machines and hair dryers too!

Comment

A few Harvard-BU connections that may attract Lackey: Paul Pearl and goalie coach Brian Ecklund, both formerly on the Harvard staff.
                              First condolences to Scarlett and her family.

Secondly, this would be an ideal plug in for next season to bridge until 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                                This would be an ideal plug in for next season to bridge until 2020.
                                This is not the first time I've heard Lackey's name floated in relation to BU. Mark Divver also tweeted today that Lackey was visiting PC over the weekend, and NU is also going to be in the market for a new goalie next year so we're certainly not the only ones interested in him. But I agree this would be a very good one-year solution for us without disrupting the long-term progression of Commesso coming on board in fall 2020.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X