Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    As if we need another reminder of that crushing loss, Darryl Plandowski's son will be skating for Quinnipiac in a couple of seasons.
    I've posted this before, but the reason why that GWG was scored so "easily" is at least partly due to a bad change. Tomlinson was skating near the boards calling for a change, but his replacement couldn't hear him and was late in getting out there (I think McCann but could definitely be wrong). The passing by NMU was slick enough to take advantage of what was essentially a very brief man advantage as they entered the zone. Has anyone ever had a more open net for such a momentous goal?
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I've posted this before, but the reason why that GWG was scored so "easily" is at least partly due to a bad change. Tomlinson was skating near the boards calling for a change, but his replacement couldn't hear him and was late in getting out there (I think McCann but could definitely be wrong). The passing by NMU was slick enough to take advantage of what was essentially a very brief man advantage as they entered the zone. Has anyone ever had a more open net for such a momentous goal?
      Cashman was standing in the circle
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

As a Boston sports fan, '91 (and '90 a little, though I don't know that we would've gotten by Wisconsin) was just another dagger piling on to '86 Red Sox and prior Bruins losses. The '09 win felt as good as the loss felt bad in '91. The only difference was that I was reasonably well acquainted with the '91 guys, so I got to see the pain close up for a while afterwards.
        "What about my asthma?"
        "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Originally posted by SpauldingSmails View Post
          As a Boston sports fan, '91 (and '90 a little, though I don't know that we would've gotten by Wisconsin) was just another dagger piling on to '86 Red Sox and prior Bruins losses. The '09 win felt as good as the loss felt bad in '91. The only difference was that I was reasonably well acquainted with the '91 guys, so I got to see the pain close up for a while afterwards.
          Layla

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            The video confirms that McCann (#21) was late joining the play. NMU essentially had a 5-on-4.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEmOpuRbTUg

This longer video shows Sacco's game-tying goal and Amonte's last-second of regulation attempt at a game-winner. I recall seeing a clip of McEachern's shot off the post, but can't locate it now.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddVzRQwUDI
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I lost my dad last night. He was a proud BU alum and always enjoyed following the team through me. I would constantly joke with him that he was a jinx because they never seemed to win when I brought him to games. I brought him with me to the opening of Agganis Arena back in 2005 because my dad was a big Harry Agganis fan, went to BU around the same time. I told him that since BU was playing Minnesota they’d probably lose so because it was Opening Night celebrating Harry Agganis, I wanted him to be there. And then BU surprised me and came up with a big win.

But my favorite story is the night BU won the national championship in 2009. I was in a cab heading to the big celebration with the team and a million BU people and I called home all giddy and excited. My dad gets on the phone and said “You want to know what I did for you? I turned the TV off when It was 3-1!” So thank you dad for giving me such an amazing memory.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Not too many people remember that game, because it followed the epic 10-9 UNH win over Cornell in 2OT.
                Urge to kill rising.

I see BU just lost its 5th early departure. Was this in any way expected? It seems Pitino-esque.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I lost my dad last night. He was a proud BU alum and always enjoyed following the team through me. I would constantly joke with him that he was a jinx because they never seemed to win when I brought him to games. I brought him with me to the opening of Agganis Arena back in 2005 because my dad was a big Harry Agganis fan, went to BU around the same time. I told him that since BU was playing Minnesota they’d probably lose so because it was Opening Night celebrating Harry Agganis, I wanted him to be there. And then BU surprised me and came up with a big win.

But my favorite story is the night BU won the national championship in 2009. I was in a cab heading to the big celebration with the team and a million BU people and I called home all giddy and excited. My dad gets on the phone and said “You want to know what I did for you? I turned the TV off when It was 3-1!” So thank you dad for giving me such an amazing memory.
                  I'm so sorry
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I lost my dad last night.
                    I'm very sorry. My Dad went to Bentley (when it was in Boston), lived on Bay State Road and was always telling me stories about Harry Agganis. He also sat in the "jury box" at Braves Field. He passed in 2001 and I miss him every day still. You have wonderful memories to cherish that will always be with you.

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss........

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. Some really good stories here, thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I see BU just lost its 5th early departure. Was this in any way expected? It seems Pitino-esque.
                        Who? I've seen nothing reported this week about another BU player leaving.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

My condolences, Scarlet. It sounds like you had a wonderful relationship and many treasured memories with your Dad.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            The one I remember is the 1977 ECAC Championship (you had Dave Taylor) when we scored three goals in the last four minutes or so to win 6-5. Not too many people remember that game, because it followed the epic 10-9 UNH win over Cornell in 2OT. Many people left the Garden after that game.

What was the other one?
                            1991 NCAA semifinal.

I was at the 1977 semi. My middle son's college coach played in it.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Scarlet

Condolences. I lost my Dad in 1982 and Mom in 2012. Losing a parent hurts. Hang in there and cherish rhe memories you made together.

At 63, I still miss them.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Cherish your memories. Write a few in a diary, so that you'll always have them to make you smile.

Comment

Working...
                                X