Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Didn't Scott Young hold that position at one point? Maybe he wants to bring in a former player.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Again, not that he's necessarily wrong, but his words shouldn't be taken as 100% gospel.
      Well now this is interesting!

He was above reproach when he was tweeting out that Agganis Arena was nothing like the Delta Tau Chi house at Faber College and he was to be believed 100%.

Hmm.
      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-28-2019, 01:14 PM.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Well now this is interesting!

He was above reproach when he was tweeting out that Agganis Arena was nothing like the Delta Tau Chi house at Faber College and he was to be believed 100%.

Hmm.
        You're twisting what I wrote. My point is that Colby is now many years removed from having regular direct contact with the program and that he's a paid analyst for the Flyers TV team, therefore that context is necessary when considering the points he made. Not that they're wrong, just how he's arriving at that opinion. His opinions on whether Agganis was a frat house for the 08-09 team obviously are from a first-hand perspective, much different case than here.

Edit: to underscore, he also tweeted this at the beginning of the year which underscores the question about how much direct interaction he has with the program.

@ColbyCohen36 26 Oct 2018
        Can someone explain to be why Bu Hockey so bad this year ? I haven’t seen a game but this has to be the worst start in program history ? Can someone who’s seen them shed some light on this ?
        Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-28-2019, 01:21 PM.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Certainly an eventful week:

@chnews
          55s55 seconds ago

CHN is retracting the news about the shakeup on the BU staff. At this time, we have reason to believe it's inaccurate. CHN apologizes - and will continue to track the situation
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

https://twitter.com/bucoachalbie/sta...947966464?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by SMW_Bu21 View Post
              If this doesn’t tell the story of total chaos and bedlam nothing does

Comment

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
                If this doesn’t tell the story of total chaos and bedlam nothing does
                Looks more like it tells the story that CHN got bad info.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Who had that first CHN or Cox? It's funny because of everyone who has left you guys probably would have been ok with losing Quesnelle.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Who had that first CHN or Cox? It's funny because of everyone who has left you guys probably would have been ok with losing Quesnelle.
                    In chatting with friends heading into the offseason, we all agreed Quesnelle was most likely to be the one to get let go. At this point, considering Albie and Pearl both personally tweeted that this story is patently false, I don't see how they do let him go without it looking very, very bad.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                      The cost of the sport and the fact that kids have more athletic options. Those, plus the birth rate has fallen.
                      My brother wanted his son to play hockey, but he ended up playing basketball because of the relative expense. He's an excellent athlete, but financial considerations have put paid to my fantasy of seeing my surname on the back of a BU sweater.
                      Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                        Not a BU guy (UNH) but have been a fan of the game for over 50 years. The fact that the best players leave earlier than in the past is more a function of the shallow pool of NHL level talent. Many of these kids coming out just aren’t ready. Since I’m a Bruins fan I’ll cite JFK and Andrew Bjork as two examples. I thought both were excellent college players. In fact I thought Bjork was the best in HE last year. Neither had any presence when playing for the Bruins. I watch Vesey (he’s on tonight), and he’s just meh. It just tells me that the NHL is looking high and low for quality players. Canada, Europe, Russia have been tapped out. There is no place else to go, so 19 or 20 year old college kids get the chance. The trend is very bad for the college game. You go back 15-20 years ago you had guys like Drury, Gionta, Krog, etc. starring for four years in college. Back then even the lesser teams had one or two pretty good players. As a result, Fans got to know the players, their identities and bonded on some level. Nowadays the best players don’t stay, the fans never see them develop and the college game is weaker because of it. There are other reasons why attendance and passion for the college game has dropped off, but a dwindling pool of talent is one of them.
                        i agree 100%

Comment

one graduate transfer to rule out

https://uvmathletics.com/news/2019/3...20-season.aspx

Comment

https://twitter.com/mikemcmahonchn/s...573973504?s=21

Not surprised about Prawdzik, but Switzer seems a little surprising to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                              Yeah something apparently is broken and needs to be fixed and fast. Multiple players leaving early because of lack of coaching according to Cohen and his comments will absolutely spread through the small hockey world. Hockey Ops resigns. What can BU do at this point??? They better move quick and fix these issues before commits start decommiting or there is going to be a lot of rough times ahead for a looooong time. Next year looks like a total mess.
                              Lol so now the person who books the hotels is leaving (is she pregnant? Is she marrying someone and moving away? Is she sick of Boston winters? Who the hell knows and why is it even an issue? She ain’t a player and no offense to her easily replaceable.
                              The Colby situation smells of a personal vendetta. Earlier this year with BU 0-4-1 or whatever he tweeted out asking what was going on and asking why bu was playing so poorly. So back then he did not know any of the situation but now he’s the man and knows all the back room dealings. Which one is it? Albie was an assistant when Colby was being recruited. Something said on the recruiting trail or during an NU BU game? Totally fees like Colby had a vendetta and is taking the opportunity to twist the knife.
                              But 10 years ago Colby was supporting his coach despite the Boston Globe investigation showing a total lack of control of the program. Colby sounds like a complete fraud. And Coach Parker as the Pope of BU hockey should tell Colby to shut the hell up. No matter what you think of the coaching staff or other things about the program crap like that is not going to help the program succeed, Oh and did I say I think Colby is a complete fraud? I mean Farabee is ready to go to the next level meaning the NHL. He seems more ready than Tkachuk seemed last year and he’s had a nice bit of success this year.

Comment

Colby Cohen is full of it he wants to be “controversial “ though I appreciate the Championship goal.

The Hockey Op’s position is a crap job, doesn’t pay, frequently turns over, and not a stepping stone to anything greater. Nothing to see there.

Comment

Working...
                                X