Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
    It’s not about teasing if you know the sport and all the stuff involved guys are not leaving to go play in the AHL if they have an opportunity to play at s high level D1 program ... so outside of Fabbro that will be the case ...I’m not convinced oettinger was leaving ... as for not jumping to conclusions as it relates to the hockey ops resignation I don’t see how one cannnot , given what’s happened this week rather than make excuses those who support and love this program should want solutions not excuses ... I’ll say it again Colby Cohen didn’t publicly say what he said to be dramatic there are likely good reasons he did I’m just looking at the facts out there staring us all in the face
    So you're speculating...I mean, you can't have it both ways. Either you KNOW something or you're guessing.

Comment

From a first-hand source, I can tell you that the Stars management wanted Jake to sign last Spring, but agreed to wait one more year. And a friend who sat next to Jake's parents at an early-season game learned the same information about his graduation track and plans to turn pro after this season. Stars signed Colgate's Colton Point last Spring and he had a disappointing season, primarily in the ECHL so Dallas was even more anxious to get their expected successor to Bishop into the team's development system.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Players literally do this all the time (Ian McCoshen, Danton Heinen, and Brian Strait are examples off the top off my head), because they think moving to the next level is what is best for their long term career path (or maybe they want to make money for a change).
        Each of those examples have different sets of circumstance (what teams promised them , burning of elc , winning a national championship etc) guys leaving off the year BU had and each with less that stellar seasons (outside of Fabbro and oettinger -farabee had a nice second half but has a lot of growth needed in many ways ) does give pause (Heinen was a stud coming off national championship for example )

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
          So you're speculating...I mean, you can't have it both ways. Either you KNOW something or you're guessing.
          If you say so .....

Comment

So you’ve been posting on this board for what? Teo weeks? Clearly you are only here to intimate something, as evidenced by that sarcastic response. You’re not going to tell us. Fine. I’ll believe it when it happens then.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
              Each of those examples have different sets of circumstance (what teams promised them , burning of elc , winning a national championship etc) guys leaving off the year BU had and each with less that stellar seasons (outside of Fabbro and oettinger -farabee had a nice second half but has a lot of growth needed in many ways ) does give pause (Heinen was a stud coming off national championship for example )
              None of those 3 burned a year of their ELC, and Heinen played for Denver and turned pro after 2016 (North Dakota won the national title in 2016), but you seem like you have lots of good info.

Comment

(you sound like HokeyDad)
                That’s what this thread needs! HokeyDad input. #FreeHokeyDad
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                  Unfortunately without knowing specific reasons behind a resignation, some here are very quick to make assumptions and jump to conclusions that may or may not be accurate.
                  Clearly she was sexually harrassed!

(I agree with you)

Maybe this person is just getting out of the business.

Comment

So you’ve been posting on this board for what? Teo weeks? Clearly you are only here to intimate something, as evidenced by that sarcastic response. You’re not going to tell us. Fine. I’ll believe it when it happens then.
                    What did I say would Happen im making an objective analysis of the situation given many facts ... as for oettinger it’s no secret the stars wanted to sign him you don’t need a source he talked about it openly in his interview with the Athletic before the season... yes Colton Point not having a great year but he was signed as a highly touted prospect and yes goalies do take longer to develop but there was a log jam developing in Dallas with point and others and of course khudobin and bishop I’m. I’m not saying he wasn’t leaving I just don’t believe it was as certain as being made

Comment

The cost of the sport and the fact that kids have more athletic options. Those, plus the birth rate has fallen.

Comment

Also maybe Albie had someone else in mind for that position

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          He's welcome to refute my opinion on the matter, but I have from a very trusted source that Jake is on track to graduate. So if he wants to refute that a 1st round pick who played 3 years, worked to graduate early, and has become one of the best in the nation at his position is leaving solely because his coaching is bad, I'm all ears.
                          3 years is the going rate for these types of goalies. Just like Demko and Woll for BC.

Comment

Len Quesnelle out. Albie probably just wants his own people in place.

Comment

From Jeff Cox

Len Quesnelle will not be back as assistant coach at Boston University, he was informed this morning by head coach Albie O’Connell.

https://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/st...16879132512262
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Len Quesnelle out. Albie probably just wants his own people in place.
                                I'm not surprised. Coming off a year like that, some change must be made at a staff level. Pearl would make no sense to let go, so Quesnelle was unfortunately the one.

Though I'm not sure how the changing the DOHO position would apply there if it's an administrative position.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X