Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Incorrect - Oettinger is on track to graduate this summer. Any player who has a degree in hand and is clearly playing at a pro level has every reason in the world to go.
    Sure whatever you say ....

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      Cut the program? LOL......Who knows but I'd be very concerned about the direction they are heading right now and this should be eye opening for future potential recruits especially ones that haven't signed their NLI yet.
      Yeah something apparently is broken and needs to be fixed and fast. Multiple players leaving early because of lack of coaching according to Cohen and his comments will absolutely spread through the small hockey world. Hockey Ops resigns. What can BU do at this point??? They better move quick and fix these issues before commits start decommiting or there is going to be a lot of rough times ahead for a looooong time. Next year looks like a total mess.
      Last edited by Lemonade; 03-28-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
        Sure whatever you say ....
        Well can you be more specific then? If you're going to refute others' opinions without saying why then tell us what you know. Or don't say anything.

(you sound like HokeyDad)
        Last edited by chickod; 03-28-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Well can you be more specific then? If you're going to refute others opinions without saying why then tell us what you know. Or don't say anything.
          He's welcome to refute my opinion on the matter, but I have from a very trusted source that Jake is on track to graduate. So if he wants to refute that a 1st round pick who played 3 years, worked to graduate early, and has become one of the best in the nation at his position is leaving solely because his coaching is bad, I'm all ears.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Well can you be more specific then? If you're going to refute others opinions without saying why then tell us what you know. Or don't say anything.
            I’m allowed to disagree ... Having the degree gave him the option need be .. that doesn’t mean he was leaving ... you can’t make that assumption

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              He's welcome to refute my opinion on the matter, but I have from a very trusted source that Jake is on track to graduate. So if he wants to refute that a 1st round pick who played 3 years, worked to graduate early, and has become one of the best in the nation at his position is leaving solely because his coaching is bad, I'm all ears.
              I don’t have to refute anything ...

Comment

I’m allowed to disagree ... Having the degree gave him the option need be .. that doesn’t mean he was leaving ... you can’t make that assumption
                I'm not talking about the "disagreeing." I'm talking about the accusations against the coaching staff (in your words: "as I have been saying for a while there is way more here than people just moving on"). Nothing worse than teasing people and then essentially saying, "Well, I can't tell you THAT."

Comment

Unfortunately without knowing specific reasons behind a resignation, some here are very quick to make assumptions and jump to conclusions that may or may not be accurate.

Comment

Does anyone know the specifics of what the Director of Hockey Ops role is tasked with doing? Wondering if the position has any player coaching responsibilities or is more on the coordination side.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Does anyone know the specifics of what the Director of Hockey Ops role is tasked with doing? Wondering if the position has any player coaching responsibilities or is more on the coordination side.
                      From BU site:

As a manager, Miller worked closely with the coaching staff, analyzing statistics and ice-time during games. She helped organize and manage travel accommodations and meals on team trips in addition to taking care of all ticket requests and assisting with the program’s social media accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                        From BU site:

As a manager, Miller worked closely with the coaching staff, analyzing statistics and ice-time during games. She helped organize and manage travel accommodations and meals on team trips in addition to taking care of all ticket requests and assisting with the program’s social media accounts.
                        I believe that blurb is in reference to her prior role as the team manager.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          I believe that blurb is in reference to her prior role as the team manager.
                          You are correct. Thats all that I could find.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            I'm not talking about the "disagreeing." I'm talking about the accusations against the coaching staff (in your words: "as I have been saying for a while there is way more here than people just moving on"). Nothing worse than teasing people and then essentially saying, "Well, I can't tell you THAT."
                            It’s not about teasing if you know the sport and all the stuff involved guys are not leaving to go play in the AHL if they have an opportunity to play at s high level D1 program ... so outside of Fabbro that will be the case ...I’m not convinced oettinger was leaving ... as for not jumping to conclusions as it relates to the hockey ops resignation I don’t see how one cannnot , given what’s happened this week rather than make excuses those who support and love this program should want solutions not excuses ... I’ll say it again Colby Cohen didn’t publicly say what he said to be dramatic there are likely good reasons he did I’m just looking at the facts out there staring us all in the face

Comment

It’s not about teasing if you know the sport and all the stuff involved guys are not leaving to go play in the AHL if they have an opportunity to play at s high level D1 program ... so outside of Fabbro that will be the case ...I’m not convinced oettinger was leaving ... as for not jumping to conclusions as it relates to the hockey ops resignation I don’t see how one cannnot , given what’s happened this week rather than make excuses those who support and love this program should want solutions not excuses ... I’ll say it again Colby Cohen didn’t publicly say what he said to be dramatic there are likely good reasons he did I’m just looking at the facts out there staring us all in the face
                              I don't disagree there are clear issues with the program that need to be addressed. I would also not be surprised if this is not the only coaching staff change that takes place this offseason. Colby's comments are absolutely concerning, though it's worth considering he's not directly tied into the program anymore so you have to wonder how much context he has. Additionally, his comments were with respect to Farabee as a PHI prospect, and Colby is employed as a studio analyst for the Flyers pre/post games so he has competing incentives there. Again, not that he's necessarily wrong, but his words shouldn't be taken as 100% gospel.

I don't agree that players leaving for an AHL deal is as black and white as it seems, though it's generally not a good sign. I do agree that, in most cases, playing in the AHL is a better position for player development than a D1 program. Jake's starting out in the AHL because they want him to play games and he's not going to displace Bishop/Khudobin right now. Of course the trajectory is not the same for a goalie as it is for a skater.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

guys are not leaving to go play in the AHL if they have an opportunity to play at s high level D1 program
                                Players literally do this all the time (Ian McCoshen, Danton Heinen, and Brian Strait are examples off the top off my head), because they think moving to the next level is what is best for their long term career path (or maybe they want to make money for a change).

Comment

Working...
                                X