Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Getting a "touch" concerned...for you DirecTV subscribers, the game is "supposed" to be on NESN+ at 4:00 p.m.; however, it doesn't appear in the guide as of yet (the 2nd game is on "regular" NESN). They're usually up to date and well in advance, so I was surprised to see "Programming Information Unavailable."

Comment

In his weekly podcast for College Hockey Inc, Scholssman said there's a good chance Farabee doesn't play this weekend. Didn't say why.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        In his weekly podcast for College Hockey Inc, Scholssman said there's a good chance Farabee doesn't play this weekend. Didn't say why.
        Because he got hammered by a UML player Sunday coming over the blue line on an offside play. He stopped but the defenseman didn’t. He came on for a couple of shifts after that. I saw him being helped off the ice after the second. He came out for a shift in the third, carried the puck up the left wing boards like he was in quicksand and then went right off. I’m not surprised if he can’t play. I think I said at the time if he can’t play they’re done anyway.

Comment

That's interesting. I was listening to the Hockey East coaches audio conference just now. O'Connell was first but no mention of Farabee being out (unless I skipped over it). How would Schlossman get that info?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            That's interesting. I was listening to the Hockey East coaches audio conference just now. O'Connell was first but no mention of Farabee being out (unless I skipped over it). How would Schlossman get that info?
            Maybe Albie is like Belichick? It was obvious to anyone that was at the game that he could barely move.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              I don't know how Schloss would know, but he's also one of the most connected writers in the country so if he's reporting it, it's good info.

Also, Farabee was on the ice as normal in the third period on Sunday.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Maybe Albie is like Belichick? It was obvious to anyone that was at the game that he could barely move.
                Disagree, he moved just fine all night. Didn't have a problem moving up the ice to get ahead of a defender and score in the first period.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Disagree, he moved just fine all night. Didn't have a problem moving up the ice to get ahead of a defender and score in the first period.
                  He got hurt in the SECOND period. Didn't you see him holding a teammate's arm as they were skating off after the second? I'm not pointing out blame....either he tried to stop short after the offsides call to avoid a collision or the defender kept coming. I'm not saying it was intentional. You didn't see him lying on the ice? Looks like he twisted his knee either right before or after the collision.

Comment

He got hurt in the SECOND period. Didn't you see him holding a teammate's arm as they were skating off after the second? I'm not pointing out blame....either he tried to stop short after the offsides call to avoid a collision or the defender kept coming. I'm not saying it was intentional. You didn't see him lying on the ice? Looks like he twisted his knee either right before or after the collision.
                    Also, Farabee was on the ice as normal in the third period on Sunday.
                    ^^
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

...was on the ice as normal in the third period...
                      That't not how I saw it. He didn't take his regular shift. On one shift he came out gingerly and went right back to the bench. Listen, I hope you're right and he's fine. But obviously there's a reason why there is speculation.

Comment

Well that would really be a bummer. He is on fire in terms of scoring. But it is interesting that nothing has been reported elsewhere.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Congrats on Fabbro getting second team. With Makar and Davies ahead of him, that was a tough First team to get on. I have to think Fabbro is one of the best second team d-men in a while.

And as expected Farabee made the All-Rookie team. I saw that we have had someone on the team for 12 straight years - pretty impressive.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Getting a "touch" concerned...for you DirecTV subscribers, the game is "supposed" to be on NESN+ at 4:00 p.m.; however, it doesn't appear in the guide as of yet (the 2nd game is on "regular" NESN). They're usually up to date and well in advance, so I was surprised to see "Programming Information Unavailable."
                            The NESN plus website has it listed.

Comment

Originally posted by terrier1976 View Post
                              The NESN plus website has it listed.
                              Thanks. It's up on the guide tonight...just looked.

Comment

They're ****ed if Farabee can't go.

Speaking of being Belichickian... Does anyone know what Bobo's injury was (is)? Body part? Anyone? Bueller?
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X