Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    fire albie!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!!1!!1!
    16-18-4

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      Star players??
      For NCAA purposes, I think calling Zegras that is reasonable. Perhaps "future star" would be more appropriate, but I personally think he will be the undisputed best player on this team from day 1. Unfortunately that is what happens when we lose our best player after one season for three years in a row (Tkachuk wasn't our best, but he obviously a very talented kid).
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        For NCAA purposes, I think calling Zegras that is reasonable. Perhaps "future star" would be more appropriate, but I personally think he will be the undisputed best player on this team from day 1. Unfortunately that is what happens when we lose our best player after one season for three years in a row (Tkachuk wasn't our best, but he obviously a very talented kid).
        Yeah, I think he will be our star. You never know with freshmen though, so I hesitate to call a freshman a star player until we actually see it. I am hoping Harper is back to being a star, too.

Comment

16-18-4
          I know, right? That plus a December exhibition game? Can't understand how he still has a job here.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
            Yeah, I think he will be our star. You never know with freshmen though, so I hesitate to call a freshman a star player until we actually see it. I am hoping Harper is back to being a star, too.
            Regardless if he will be a “star”, he should be an impact player and will be at the World Juniors. Not having any games during that break may be a detriment to the other players so why not schedule a meaningless exhibition where the non-World Junior players can get a game in?

Comment

The exhibition game is December 29? What's the point?
              Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              Schedule has been out for some time. Game is at WBA.

Sean
              Neither of these sentences are particularly responsive.
              There are several reasons for having the exhibition game on 29 December and not at the start of the season.

1. Coach O'Connell has followed Coach Quinn in not scheduling regular season games during the World Junior Tournament. This leads to an extended layoff for the team as the last game of the first semester is 7 December and the first game of the second semester is 8 January. By playing the exhibition game on 29 December it makes it only a 3 week layoff and the players will have 2 exhibition games played when they return to regular season play on 8 January.

2. BU plays 17 regular season home games this season, but it is a unbalanced schedule as they play 10 of those games in the first semester and play a home game 8 out of 9 weeks starting with the home opener. Then they have only one regular season home game between 7 December and 24 January. Having the exhibition game during that seven weeks allows fans to see the team play a second home game during those 7 weeks.

3. Exhibition games in October compete with fall activities, sports and yard work for the fans' time. Having the game on 29 December means it will not be competing with said activities and it will be played when many fans are thinking of hockey.

4. It is also likely to boost the attendance for the home opener.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Good luck to Goalie Sam Tucker. Grad transfer from Yale. https://hockey.dailyfreepress.com/20...a06OlV8et3jr44
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

The first Hockey East pre-season poll is out. The Hockey East Writers & Broadcasters Association poll has the Terriers ranked #5--exactly where they finished last season. Last year’s regular-season champion, UMass is picked to repeat.

1.Massachusetts (6) 163
                  2.Providence (3) 153
                  3.Boston College (6) 151
                  4.Northeastern (1) 140
                  5.Boston University 123
                  6.Massachusetts-Lowell (1) 121
                  7.New Hampshire 73
                  8.Maine 70
                  9.Connecticut 65
                  10.Vermont 43
                  11.Merrimack 20
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Appears Joel Farabee will stick with the Flyers right out of the gate.
                    https://***********/bsrs_blog/status...431678981?s=20

Comment

Hockey East's new deal with NESN calls for nearly 100 men's and women's game, including nine BU games on NESN and two more on NESN+. For those outside of New England, home games on the NESN schedule will be available on CBS Sports Digital properties. Schedule is in the 2019-20 BU Hockey Prospectus. More on the blog.

Comment

2019-20 BU Captain's Q&A
                        https://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/2...ick-curry.html

Comment

https://***********/boshockeyblog/st...078521856?s=21

Well this isn’t good.

Comment

Originally posted by SMW_Bu21 View Post
                            That's pretty concerning for his health. Dislocated shoulders and broken bones don't knock you out for an entire season. On the other hand, concussion history, spine/neck injuries, internal organs or heart procedures....

Comment

That's pretty concerning for his health. Dislocated shoulders and broken bones don't knock you out for an entire season. On the other hand, concussion history, spine/neck injuries, internal organs or heart procedures....
                              No one said anything about it being a dislocated shoulder or a broken bone alone. There's a lot of things that could be injured in the shoulder area which absolutely would require surgery and a full season off. The most common major shoulder injury would be anything relating to a rotator cuff and the adjoining muscles.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                No one said anything about it being a dislocated shoulder or a broken bone alone. There's a lot of things that could be injured in the shoulder area which absolutely would require surgery and a full season off. The most common major shoulder injury would be anything relating to a rotator cuff and the adjoining muscles.
                                If it was concussion related they would not have a definite response about missing the whole season. Likely something that requires surgery.

Comment

Working...
                                X