Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 693

Thread: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

  1. #641
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    551

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    [QUOTE=Rogie21;6826935]Freshman class is introduced on BU Men's Hockey Twitter

    Only six of the ... 10 or 11. Marcus Boguslavsky, Jamie Armstrong, Sean Driscoll, John Copeland not mentioned. And is Wilmer Skoog coming this season, or next?

  2. #642
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    551

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    Mark Cheremeta not listed among the veteran returnees on the official website.

  3. #643
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,011

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Mark Cheremeta not listed among the veteran returnees on the official website.
    He was at the USHL Dubuque summer camp along with Braden Doyle. Reportedly skating first line.

    All ten newcomers can be found on the twitter account. Zegras will wear Cheremeta's #13. Skoog arrives in 2020.

  4. #644
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,011

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    BU's ten-man freshman class just increased to 11 with the addition of former Wisconsin commit Sam Stevens, a left-shot center who played last season on Sioux Falls' Clark Cup champs along with Ethan Phillips.

  5. #645
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,011

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!


  6. #646
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,011

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post

    His linemates better keep sticks on the ice whenever Z has the puck.

  7. #647
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    8,043

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    The NY Rangers are buying out Kevin Shattenkirk. I wonder how Coach Q feels about this decision. It will be interesting to see where he lands.

    https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...ne-differently
    It Happened!!!!

  8. #648
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,011

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    The NY Rangers are buying out Kevin Shattenkirk. I wonder how Coach Q feels about this decision. It will be interesting to see where he lands.

    https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...ne-differently
    Tampa Bay. One year, $1.75M

  9. #649
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,011

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    Mastrosimone, drafted #54 overall, had broken an ankle blocking a shot. If healthy should compete for a top six spot.
    https://www.nhl.com/news/robert-mast...re/c-308412494

  10. #650

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20832/20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    BU's ten-man freshman class just increased to 11 with the addition of former Wisconsin commit Sam Stevens, a left-shot center who played last season on Sioux Falls' Clark Cup champs along with Ethan Phillips.
    Does that knock Wisco's commit list below 30??

  11. #651
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newburyport, MA
    Posts
    6,496

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    Made the decision to renew again for next season. I did get two less tickets this year though. Will see how the usage goes. Bring on the season...

    How are we looking?

  12. #652
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,219

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Made the decision to renew again for next season. I did get two less tickets this year though. Will see how the usage goes. Bring on the season...

    How are we looking?
    Really tough to gauge. I think the goaltending will hold up, with Tucker getting more starts early, with Purpura getting an opportunity to ease in. D-play should be solid despite losing the anchor that was Dante Fabbro, though we will be relying on lots of youth for sure - will Farrance step up his consistency? Will Crotty continue the strong play we saw at times down the stretch? But it really comes down to scoring in my opinion. I think Zegras will be Keller v2 - he's that skilled. And I have to think Harper will finally look like the player we saw as a freshman. The other keys will be the play of Jake Wise and the Wonder-Twin Red Wings, Mastrosimone and Phillips. If those guys all earn top-6 minutes I think we can be a home-ice for the playoffs team. But if we end up relying on Patrick Curry or Ty Amonte for PP1 minutes, we could be in trouble. Both are hard-working likable players, but on a good team they are third-liners.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  13. #653
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,011

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Really tough to gauge. I think the goaltending will hold up, with Tucker getting more starts early, with Purpura getting an opportunity to ease in. D-play should be solid despite losing the anchor that was Dante Fabbro, though we will be relying on lots of youth for sure - will Farrance step up his consistency? Will Crotty continue the strong play we saw at times down the stretch? But it really comes down to scoring in my opinion. I think Zegras will be Keller v2 - he's that skilled. And I have to think Harper will finally look like the player we saw as a freshman. The other keys will be the play of Jake Wise and the Wonder-Twin Red Wings, Mastrosimone and Phillips. If those guys all earn top-6 minutes I think we can be a home-ice for the playoffs team. But if we end up relying on Patrick Curry or Ty Amonte for PP1 minutes, we could be in trouble. Both are hard-working likable players, but on a good team they are third-liners.
    FWIW, at the Roundtable a few weeks ago, Albie said that the returning players he expects the biggest jumps from are Wise and Blixt. Full roster is now up on the BU athletics site. Should be the biggest squad in a while.

  14. #654
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newburyport, MA
    Posts
    6,496

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    So who has the hot dog contract at Agganis this year?

  15. #655
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,011

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!


  16. #656
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,011

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!



  17. #657
    All Hail
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,653

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    Mark Bavis remembered by this Northeastern fan on this sad and infamous anniversary.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

  18. #658
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    254
    Greetings from Marquette.

    Friend and I will be making the trip to Boston for the NMU-BU series next month! I have a small question about ticketing/attendance.

    How big of a draw do your games get? Does Agganis typically fill up or should we be okay walking up and getting tickets from the box office on game day? Simply looking to avoid those pesky Ticketmaster fees.

    That's all I'm really wondering about as far as the series itself. Aside from that, this will be only my second time visiting the East Coast and first time to Boston. We'll be staying in the Faneuil Hall area. Any restaurant tips, must-see attractions or just general tips about the city would be much appreciated.

    Looking forward to this series!

  19. #659
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newburyport, MA
    Posts
    6,496
    Quote Originally Posted by NMU Fan View Post
    Greetings from Marquette.

    Friend and I will be making the trip to Boston for the NMU-BU series next month! I have a small question about ticketing/attendance.

    How big of a draw do your games get? Does Agganis typically fill up or should we be okay walking up and getting tickets from the box office on game day? Simply looking to avoid those pesky Ticketmaster fees.

    That's all I'm really wondering about as far as the series itself. Aside from that, this will be only my second time visiting the East Coast and first time to Boston. We'll be staying in the Faneuil Hall area. Any restaurant tips, must-see attractions or just general tips about the city would be much appreciated.

    Looking forward to this series!
    We have struggled with attendance recently... Id guess it is highly unlikely (though not impossible I suppose) that these games would sell out.

  20. #660
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,219

    Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

    Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    We have struggled with attendance recently... Id guess it is highly unlikely (though not impossible I suppose) that these games would sell out.
    Agreed - save on the fees. Even if hell freezes over and the games sell out, people are usually selling outside. I don't think a non-BC game has sold out in the past 5 years.

    In terms of tips on places to see, go, etc. - there is almost too much to list. But walking some of the Freedom Trail is always a good way to get a good feel for the city. The North End (Italian district), the USS Constitution, the Old State House - those are all within walking distance of Faneiul Hall (the Constitution may be a bit of a walk). Getting over to Harvard Square in Cambridge gets you a feel for the "Educational" side of the city, though they are all over the place. I would recommend giving yourself a little time before one of the games to stop at Fenway Park, just off of Kenmore Square. Just walking around that area and seeing how Fenway is wedged into the area is kinda cool, if you are used to seeing arenas and ballparks surrounded by large parking lots. In terms of food, the North End is worth a trip, also lots of options in the Back Bay area on Boylston or Newbury Streets.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •