Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

[QUOTE=Rogie21;6826935]Freshman class is introduced on BU Men's Hockey Twitter

Only six of the ... 10 or 11. Marcus Boguslavsky, Jamie Armstrong, Sean Driscoll, John Copeland not mentioned. And is Wilmer Skoog coming this season, or next?

Mark Cheremeta not listed among the veteran returnees on the official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Mark Cheremeta not listed among the veteran returnees on the official website.
    He was at the USHL Dubuque summer camp along with Braden Doyle. Reportedly skating first line.

All ten newcomers can be found on the twitter account. Zegras will wear Cheremeta's #13. Skoog arrives in 2020.

BU's ten-man freshman class just increased to 11 with the addition of former Wisconsin commit Sam Stevens, a left-shot center who played last season on Sioux Falls' Clark Cup champs along with Ethan Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post

His linemates better keep sticks on the ice whenever Z has the puck.

Blackhawks!!!

The NY Rangers are buying out Kevin Shattenkirk. I wonder how Coach Q feels about this decision. It will be interesting to see where he lands.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...ne-differently
    It Happened!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    The NY Rangers are buying out Kevin Shattenkirk. I wonder how Coach Q feels about this decision. It will be interesting to see where he lands.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...ne-differently
    Tampa Bay. One year, $1.75M

Mastrosimone, drafted #54 overall, had broken an ankle blocking a shot. If healthy should compete for a top six spot.
    https://www.nhl.com/news/robert-mast...re/c-308412494

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    BU's ten-man freshman class just increased to 11 with the addition of former Wisconsin commit Sam Stevens, a left-shot center who played last season on Sioux Falls' Clark Cup champs along with Ethan Phillips.
    Does that knock Wisco's commit list below 30??

Veteran

Made the decision to renew again for next season. I did get two less tickets this year though. Will see how the usage goes. Bring on the season...

How are we looking?

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Made the decision to renew again for next season. I did get two less tickets this year though. Will see how the usage goes. Bring on the season...

How are we looking?
    Really tough to gauge. I think the goaltending will hold up, with Tucker getting more starts early, with Purpura getting an opportunity to ease in. D-play should be solid despite losing the anchor that was Dante Fabbro, though we will be relying on lots of youth for sure - will Farrance step up his consistency? Will Crotty continue the strong play we saw at times down the stretch? But it really comes down to scoring in my opinion. I think Zegras will be Keller v2 - he's that skilled. And I have to think Harper will finally look like the player we saw as a freshman. The other keys will be the play of Jake Wise and the Wonder-Twin Red Wings, Mastrosimone and Phillips. If those guys all earn top-6 minutes I think we can be a home-ice for the playoffs team. But if we end up relying on Patrick Curry or Ty Amonte for PP1 minutes, we could be in trouble. Both are hard-working likable players, but on a good team they are third-liners.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Really tough to gauge. I think the goaltending will hold up, with Tucker getting more starts early, with Purpura getting an opportunity to ease in. D-play should be solid despite losing the anchor that was Dante Fabbro, though we will be relying on lots of youth for sure - will Farrance step up his consistency? Will Crotty continue the strong play we saw at times down the stretch? But it really comes down to scoring in my opinion. I think Zegras will be Keller v2 - he's that skilled. And I have to think Harper will finally look like the player we saw as a freshman. The other keys will be the play of Jake Wise and the Wonder-Twin Red Wings, Mastrosimone and Phillips. If those guys all earn top-6 minutes I think we can be a home-ice for the playoffs team. But if we end up relying on Patrick Curry or Ty Amonte for PP1 minutes, we could be in trouble. Both are hard-working likable players, but on a good team they are third-liners.
    FWIW, at the Roundtable a few weeks ago, Albie said that the returning players he expects the biggest jumps from are Wise and Blixt. Full roster is now up on the BU athletics site. Should be the biggest squad in a while.

Veteran

So who has the hot dog contract at Agganis this year?

All Hail

Mark Bavis remembered by this Northeastern fan on this sad and infamous anniversary.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Greetings from Marquette.

Friend and I will be making the trip to Boston for the NMU-BU series next month! I have a small question about ticketing/attendance.

How big of a draw do your games get? Does Agganis typically fill up or should we be okay walking up and getting tickets from the box office on game day? Simply looking to avoid those pesky Ticketmaster fees.

That's all I'm really wondering about as far as the series itself. Aside from that, this will be only my second time visiting the East Coast and first time to Boston. We'll be staying in the Faneuil Hall area. Any restaurant tips, must-see attractions or just general tips about the city would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to this series!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NMU Fan View Post
    Greetings from Marquette.

Friend and I will be making the trip to Boston for the NMU-BU series next month! I have a small question about ticketing/attendance.

How big of a draw do your games get? Does Agganis typically fill up or should we be okay walking up and getting tickets from the box office on game day? Simply looking to avoid those pesky Ticketmaster fees.

That's all I'm really wondering about as far as the series itself. Aside from that, this will be only my second time visiting the East Coast and first time to Boston. We'll be staying in the Faneuil Hall area. Any restaurant tips, must-see attractions or just general tips about the city would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to this series!
    We have struggled with attendance recently... Id guess it is highly unlikely (though not impossible I suppose) that these games would sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    We have struggled with attendance recently... Id guess it is highly unlikely (though not impossible I suppose) that these games would sell out.
    Agreed - save on the fees. Even if hell freezes over and the games sell out, people are usually selling outside. I don't think a non-BC game has sold out in the past 5 years.

In terms of tips on places to see, go, etc. - there is almost too much to list. But walking some of the Freedom Trail is always a good way to get a good feel for the city. The North End (Italian district), the USS Constitution, the Old State House - those are all within walking distance of Faneiul Hall (the Constitution may be a bit of a walk). Getting over to Harvard Square in Cambridge gets you a feel for the "Educational" side of the city, though they are all over the place. I would recommend giving yourself a little time before one of the games to stop at Fenway Park, just off of Kenmore Square. Just walking around that area and seeing how Fenway is wedged into the area is kinda cool, if you are used to seeing arenas and ballparks surrounded by large parking lots. In terms of food, the North End is worth a trip, also lots of options in the Back Bay area on Boylston or Newbury Streets.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Thread Information