Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Fabbro signing with Nashville is official.

Good luck Dante! You were a solid Terrier for three years. I can’t wait to watch Patrick Kane school ya in The Show.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Yikes. This would be a disaster.

https://***********/jeffcoxsports/st...039915521?s=21
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        Fabbro signing with Nashville is official.

Good luck Dante! You were a solid Terrier for three years. I can’t wait to watch Patrick Kane school ya in The Show.
        Seems like just yesterday we were shocked/thrilled to learn Albie had convinced Fabbro to commit to BU and not join his buddy Tyson Jost at NoDak.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          Seems like just yesterday we were shocked/thrilled to learn Albie had convinced Fabbro to commit to BU and not join his buddy Tyson Jost at NoDak.
          Actually had him for an extra year than planned
          Krys reported leaving is a mystery- Not near playing in NHL

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            I think we're all getting thoroughly sick of this happening. Ok, most of us anyway.
            Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Quinn's recruiting was great but roster construction led to some top players but a lacking 2nd tier of players. But just look at all the big programs not in the tournament. I think they are all trying to figure out the best formula between young hot shots and older more mature players. The evidence is clear now. These smaller programs that are taking older players are winning a lot of hockey games. Not as easy as just getting the most kids from the USNTDP.

Comment

Woll's leaving BC. I expect Jake to be gone in the next 24 hours.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Woll's leaving BC. I expect Jake to be gone in the next 24 hours.
                  Mass exodus coming what does this say about how they feel about coaching staff well more so the Head Coach

Comment

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
                    Mass exodus coming what does this say about how they feel about coaching staff well more so the Head Coach
                    I dont think it has anything to do with their feelings about the coaching staff and everything to do with the current state of blue chip prospects and college hockey. Odds at the beginning of the season was most of those players listed would be leaving as its standard that most blue chip prospects leave after sophomore or junior seasons nowadays as NHL pressure them since they will lose their rights after senior seasons. Farabee had a great year and with that will incentivize the Philadelphia Flyers to be able to throw out some enticements to Farabee to have him sign as well and most likely he will become a Flyer shortly since they are out of playoffs. Its a fine dance between young studs and older players to make up a roster. Similar things are happening at Michigan, ND, BC (watch Wahlstrom sign too). It has nothing to do with the coaches - players want to advance and get paid.
                    Last edited by Lemonade; 03-25-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

BU has another goalie coming in next season, yes?

[Jake gone is official, by the way...]
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Joel Farabee gone too.

https://***********/frank_seravalli/...07608793772033
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Yikes. Over/under on wins next year? I'll set it at 11.5. I'm taking the under.

And this from Twitter. Double Yikes.

Colby Cohen

Verified account

@ColbyCohen36
                          7m7 minutes ago
                          More
                          Replying to @frank_seravalli
                          i don't think many of their talented young players will stay because I dont think they're going to get the coaching they would need so even though the kid is a a full AHL year away I can't really blame him.

1 reply 1 retweet 1 like
                          Reply 1 Retweet 1 Like 1 Direct message
                          New conversation

Arielle Aronson

@aharonson28
                          2m2 minutes ago
                          More
                          Nailed it. O'Connell had a team full of talented players he recruited and they managed to look disorganized and floundered all year. Farabee still had a strong season, and he's better off signing now than risking injury with a team that appears to have sub-par coaching
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Kinda makes you want to give up on college hockey. The pros have just taken over, league expansion, stocking their minor league clubs, colleges signing 14 year olds to an LOI. This is not your father's college hockey. Can't blame the kids, the high talent can make a million when their 20 years old or then can take Econ 101 and have to read a book. Let me think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                              I dont think it has anything to do with their feelings about the coaching staff and everything to do with the current state of blue chip prospects and college hockey. Odds at the beginning of the season was most of those players listed would be leaving as its standard that most blue chip prospects leave after sophomore or junior seasons nowadays as NHL pressure them since they will lose their rights after senior seasons. Farabee had a great year and with that will incentivize the Philadelphia Flyers to be able to throw out some enticements to Farabee to have him sign as well and most likely he will become a Flyer shortly since they are out of playoffs. Its a fine dance between young studs and older players to make up a roster. Similar things are happening at Michigan, ND, BC (watch Wahlstrom sign too). It has nothing to do with the coaches - players want to advance and get paid.
                              The college hockey landscape has perhaps changed more in the last 6 years (Parker's final year) than in the 1990s and 2000s. With realignment and the paradigm shift to rising programs building & sustaining success via mostly older players, it'll be interesting to see how the BUs, BCs, Michigans, Wisconsins, Minnesotas, NoDaks proceed.

I, for one, see Albie shifting BU's recruiting strategy. Even though I'm not a fan of the approach some programs have taken towards getting to where they are, I think the new norm to win in college hockey is to get older. The key is to find the right balance between the high-end NHL prospects and the 4-year players who can be impact players and not just roster fillers.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                                Ouch. He was far superior to Wahlstrom this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X