Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    I had the 1 from the 42-1-2 season. Lent it to a friend. #LongGone. Love to see that one.

In other news: HE going back to an 11 team playoff. *sigh*.
    Jobs were on the line for missing playoffs. Jobs are good.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      I had the 1 from the 42-1-2 season. Lent it to a friend. #LongGone. Love to see that one.
      I was at the 1, but I also taped it and I still have it (which might be obvious as I posted the game-winning goal on YouTube).

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        In other news: HE going back to an 11 team playoff. *sigh*.
        mookie says that is dum
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          I was at the 1, but I also taped it and I still have it (which might be obvious as I posted the game-winning goal on YouTube).

Sean
          I was at T's Pub for that one. Wow was that a fun night. Crazy the way the we came back from 6-2. And three times scored twice in like 1-2 minutes. One of the goals (I believe the 6th goal) was a double deflection. That late PP for Maine was a nerve-wracker (sp?) given the juggernaut they were.

I believe I have the tape as well.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Sean
            The GWG by Mike Prendergast in the 1 is among a bunch of milestone goals posted on THFB. Most of them had been posted on YouTube by Sean. The previous season, Prendergast beat Maine with a SHG in the final minute at WBA.

Wish someone had highlights of the '77 ECAC tourney when BU scored 23 goals in three games--including the original miracle comeback (3 goals in the final five min.) against Clarkson.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I was at the 1
              I kind of like that slogan for a t-shirt "The 1". I wanted to have some custom t-shirts made back then with just "2-19-1993" on them, but I never did. Maybe have "The 1" on the front and "2-19-1993" on the back.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

I kind of like that slogan for a t-shirt "The 1". I wanted to have some custom t-shirts made back then with just "2-19-1993" on them, but I never did. Maybe have "The 1" on the front and "2-19-1993" on the back.

Sean
                cool

used to be young enterprisers would be on babcock st selling tshirts they made. so clever, some not so much. but it made for interesting shopping before and after games. mookie had picked up a couple.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  ...Wish someone had highlights of the '77 ECAC tourney when BU scored 23 goals in three games--including the original miracle comeback (3 goals in the final five min.) against Clarkson.
                  I've been triggered.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Home Schedule

BU will also be playing UNH and NU three times, both twice at home and I heard Maine will be the third team BU plays three times. If true I believe that UML will be the fourth team BU plays three times.
                    Lowell's schedule is out and BU does play them three times. As BU doesn't play Maine 3 times I now think the fourth team they will play 3 times will be BC.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                    NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I've been triggered.
                      I think almost every BU-CCT tournament game is a trigger for you (although you do have the 1970 ECAC semifinal win)!

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        I think almost every BU-CCT tournament game is a trigger for you (although you do have the 1970 ECAC semifinal win)!

Sean
                        You and Cornell. Guess I keep seeing red.

However, son #2 has a Jack Parker Index of 2, having played for Bill O'Neil at Salem State.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'll feel a lot better about our upcoming season when we do something pro-active about filling the goalkeeper position with another capable body - either a grad transfer or someone we manage to unearth somewhere else. I didn't get a great feeling from watching Purpura play the few minutes he did, and I don't think Nico Lynch is the answer either.

Comment

NY Times article on Chara mentoring young Bruins Ds points out that McAvoy was born 32 days after Chara’s NHL debut with the Islanders in 1997 and that as a 20-year-old rookie, Chara was mentored by another Terrier, Scott Lachance.
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                              The GWG by Mike Prendergast in the 1 is among a bunch of milestone goals posted on THFB. Most of them had been posted on YouTube by Sean. The previous season, Prendergast beat Maine with a SHG in the final minute at WBA.

Wish someone had highlights of the '77 ECAC tourney when BU scored 23 goals in three games--including the original miracle comeback (3 goals in the final five min.) against Clarkson.
                              I've been trying to find that game for years, not only for that but the first game was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen. UNH beats Cornell in the 2nd OT on a Bobby Gould slapper from just inside the blue line.

Comment

Still no official word on another goaltender for NEXT season???

Comment

Working...
                                X