Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    I don't see a single good reason for that or why the NCAA would approve it.
    Wonder how Penticton in the BCHL now feel being his "plan B"...?

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      If I was in Nate Leaman's shoe's I would not sign off on it and make him sit the year.
      Gotta believe O'Brien has Nate's blessing. Why else would he petition the NCAA now if there is a potential roadblock in the conference?
      Not sure if it's apples and apples, but several NCAA quarterbacks recently have been allowed to transfer without sitting out a season.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Mastrosimone broke his ankle at Development Camp

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          Gotta believe O'Brien has Nate's blessing. Why else would he petition the NCAA now if there is a potential roadblock in the conference?
          Not sure if it's apples and apples, but several NCAA quarterbacks recently have been allowed to transfer without sitting out a season.
          I don't think there are many transferring in conference though
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisP View Post
            Wonder how Penticton in the BCHL now feel being his "plan B"...?
            Guessing they don't care because they are a junior team that could get a first round pick...

Comment

Even if Providence does "sign off on it" I still don't see how you get around a HE xfer, to a member school, when there is a rule that says you can't do it? What difference does it make what Leaman thinks? For the record I'd allow it: but obviously the AD's don't want this type of thing going on, hence the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by D.Leo View Post
                Even if Providence does "sign off on it" I still don't see how you get around a HE xfer, to a member school, when there is a rule that says you can't do it? What difference does it make what Leaman thinks? For the record I'd allow it: but obviously the AD's don't want this type of thing going on, hence the rule.
                collier went from bu (hockey east) to nu (hockey east) without a pause.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  collier went from bu (hockey east) to nu (hockey east) without a pause.
                  Pretty sure that was due to a loophole in the transfer rules that has since been closed and eliminated. IIRC Collier was the last person to use that specific rule, there was discussion the offseason after he left BU.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                    Pretty sure that was due to a loophole in the transfer rules that has since been closed and eliminated. IIRC Collier was the last person to use that specific rule, there was discussion the offseason after he left BU.
                    Please don’t come here an try to interrupt with silly facts
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Collier was also because BU cut him from the team (JOB was not cut) and because Quinn specifically gave permission (Which I don't see Nate doing) even regardless of the "The rule no longer exists" issue

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                        Collier was also because BU cut him from the team (JOB was not cut) and because Quinn specifically gave permission (Which I don't see Nate doing) even regardless of the "The rule no longer exists" issue
                        Collier was regarded as having been “run off” the team, no?
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                          Collier was regarded as having been “run off” the team, no?
                          My understanding is Quinn gave him a realistic picture of his playing time going into 14-15 and when Brendan decided he wanted to move on, Quinn and BU did all they could to help him land on his feet as soon as possible.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Danny O’Regan is gonna play for Coach Q again.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Danny O’Regan is gonna play for Coach Q again.
                              Well, I hope so. Not sure how many shots he has left to be an NHLer.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Tip of the cap to the BU Terrier fan Josh L. in his appearance on the Monday and Tuesday episodes of "Jeopardy!". I know some of you guys know him and I've met him at T's Pub pre-game. Forever a "Jeopardy!" winner. Well done. And hilariously he got one right in the canine category with the correct answer being "Boston" (terrier)... (I'm not even kidding).

Hope you are all enjoying this summer and have a safe and happy July 4th.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X