Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Mark Cheremeta not listed among the veteran returnees on the official website.
    He was at the USHL Dubuque summer camp along with Braden Doyle. Reportedly skating first line.

All ten newcomers can be found on the twitter account. Zegras will wear Cheremeta's #13. Skoog arrives in 2020.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

BU's ten-man freshman class just increased to 11 with the addition of former Wisconsin commit Sam Stevens, a left-shot center who played last season on Sioux Falls' Clark Cup champs along with Ethan Phillips.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

His linemates better keep sticks on the ice whenever Z has the puck.

Comment

The NY Rangers are buying out Kevin Shattenkirk. I wonder how Coach Q feels about this decision. It will be interesting to see where he lands.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...ne-differently
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              The NY Rangers are buying out Kevin Shattenkirk. I wonder how Coach Q feels about this decision. It will be interesting to see where he lands.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...ne-differently
              Tampa Bay. One year, $1.75M

Comment

Mastrosimone, drafted #54 overall, had broken an ankle blocking a shot. If healthy should compete for a top six spot.
                https://www.nhl.com/news/robert-mast...re/c-308412494

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  BU's ten-man freshman class just increased to 11 with the addition of former Wisconsin commit Sam Stevens, a left-shot center who played last season on Sioux Falls' Clark Cup champs along with Ethan Phillips.
                  Does that knock Wisco's commit list below 30??
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Made the decision to renew again for next season. I did get two less tickets this year though. Will see how the usage goes. Bring on the season...

How are we looking?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      Made the decision to renew again for next season. I did get two less tickets this year though. Will see how the usage goes. Bring on the season...

How are we looking?
                      Really tough to gauge. I think the goaltending will hold up, with Tucker getting more starts early, with Purpura getting an opportunity to ease in. D-play should be solid despite losing the anchor that was Dante Fabbro, though we will be relying on lots of youth for sure - will Farrance step up his consistency? Will Crotty continue the strong play we saw at times down the stretch? But it really comes down to scoring in my opinion. I think Zegras will be Keller v2 - he's that skilled. And I have to think Harper will finally look like the player we saw as a freshman. The other keys will be the play of Jake Wise and the Wonder-Twin Red Wings, Mastrosimone and Phillips. If those guys all earn top-6 minutes I think we can be a home-ice for the playoffs team. But if we end up relying on Patrick Curry or Ty Amonte for PP1 minutes, we could be in trouble. Both are hard-working likable players, but on a good team they are third-liners.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        Really tough to gauge. I think the goaltending will hold up, with Tucker getting more starts early, with Purpura getting an opportunity to ease in. D-play should be solid despite losing the anchor that was Dante Fabbro, though we will be relying on lots of youth for sure - will Farrance step up his consistency? Will Crotty continue the strong play we saw at times down the stretch? But it really comes down to scoring in my opinion. I think Zegras will be Keller v2 - he's that skilled. And I have to think Harper will finally look like the player we saw as a freshman. The other keys will be the play of Jake Wise and the Wonder-Twin Red Wings, Mastrosimone and Phillips. If those guys all earn top-6 minutes I think we can be a home-ice for the playoffs team. But if we end up relying on Patrick Curry or Ty Amonte for PP1 minutes, we could be in trouble. Both are hard-working likable players, but on a good team they are third-liners.
                        FWIW, at the Roundtable a few weeks ago, Albie said that the returning players he expects the biggest jumps from are Wise and Blixt. Full roster is now up on the BU athletics site. Should be the biggest squad in a while.

Comment

So who has the hot dog contract at Agganis this year?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Mark Bavis remembered by this Northeastern fan on this sad and infamous anniversary.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X