Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 119

Thread: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    355

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Really? The Cornell player caused the infraction. If the puck was actually kicked in, your coach would have turned himself inside out. Get over it. You lost!

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,737

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Quote Originally Posted by SurfCityRed View Post
    Horrible officiating in the final. Mallott gets called for a penalty on a collision in which he gets hurt. Clarkson scores a PPG afterwards. In OT the puck was kicked in on the GWG. Pathetic!
    Mallot gets a penalty for skating into the back of Sturm and unfortunately got his skate caught in the ice while his leg/ knee went underneath the body of Sturm. Terrible to see but it was a penalty thru my green and gold tinted glasses.
    The GWG was reviewed by the referees and was ruled a good goal. I thought Klack got his stick on the puck. Would like to see a replay of it.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    And of 2 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray and Loren Gabel
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,435

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Congrats to the Knights !!!!
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,737

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Congrats to the Knights !!!!
    Been a long 12 years since the last one.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    And of 2 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray and Loren Gabel
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,563

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    There were two potential things to appeal at the end, off sides or kick in. It would be interesting to see which offense Cornell choose to appeal, or can you appeal both? Either way, great game by both teams, good luck in the show.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  6. #66
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,440

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    There were two potential things to appeal at the end, off sides or kick in.
    They said the linesmen were doing the review so it must have been for offsides. They never showed a replay of that, but the goal did look like it went in off a stick.

    Congrats to Clarkson. Good luck to all the ECAC teams in the big dance.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    That was some truly horrible officiating. Sucks to roll Clarkson 5-on-5 and still lose.

  8. #68
    Best time of the year!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    1,745

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Quote Originally Posted by CU13 View Post
    Really? The Cornell player caused the infraction. If the puck was actually kicked in, your coach would have turned himself inside out. Get over it. You lost!
    Yes, really. Malott was trying to avoid the collision. Just because the Clarkson player was skating backwards doesn't mean he was obligated to get out of his way. Calling a penalty was literally adding insult to injury. He may have a torn ACL in which case his season his done. The refs also didn't blow the play dead for a long period when the net was literally pushed up on top of the Cornell goalie's head in overtime. He might be hurt also. I hope Clarkson does well in the NCAAs, but I'm sick of my teams getting screwed by awful officiating in critical games. And no duh we lost. Very insightful comment!
    Big Red Fans: The best in all of College Hockey

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    65

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Sorry to see that Jeff Malott's season is over, that sucks for him and Cornell. Hopefully Galajda can bounce back and play. Ive watched a video of the OT goal several times already, was not kicked in, you all will see, the refs took a good look at the winning play and were satisfied with it, all i have to say about that.. Congrats Clarkson we have been waiting too long to see another. And good luck to all our ECAC teams in the tournament.

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Quote Originally Posted by CLKHockey View Post
    Sorry to see that Jeff Malott's season is over, that sucks for him and Cornell. Hopefully Galajda can bounce back and play. Ive watched a video of the OT goal several times already, was not kicked in, you all will see, the refs took a good look at the winning play and were satisfied with it, all i have to say about that.. Congrats Clarkson we have been waiting too long to see another. And good luck to all our ECAC teams in the tournament.
    I do not believe the puck was kicked in. However, the play should have been blown dead for offsides moments before. It then came out of the zone for a split second before Clarkson carried it back in, so the goal could not have been overturned for offsides. But the play should have been blown dead, and Clarkson's rush for the winning goal should never have happened.

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,563

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Quote Originally Posted by CornellFan13 View Post
    That was some truly horrible officiating. Sucks to roll Clarkson 5-on-5 and still lose.
    Cornell had a shot with that horrible interference penalty call in OT, Clarkson player never touched him.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,563

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Quote Originally Posted by SurfCityRed View Post
    Yes, really. Malott was trying to avoid the collision. Just because the Clarkson player was skating backwards doesn't mean he was obligated to get out of his way. Calling a penalty was literally adding insult to injury. He may have a torn ACL in which case his season his done. The refs also didn't blow the play dead for a long period when the net was literally pushed up on top of the Cornell goalie's head in overtime. He might be hurt also. I hope Clarkson does well in the NCAAs, but I'm sick of my teams getting screwed by awful officiating in critical games. And no duh we lost. Very insightful comment!
    The net was pushed on top of the goalie by a Cornell player trying to cut the corner and catch up to a Clarkson forward, look at the replay, it was obvious. The officials screwed up by not blowing the whistle while he was stuck. The lack of a whistle did not affect the score.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  13. #73
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,491

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Quote Originally Posted by CornellFan13 View Post
    That was some truly horrible officiating. Sucks to roll Clarkson 5-on-5 and still lose.
    Wow, Cornell fans complaining about the officiating, now that's hilarious !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,435

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Wow, Cornell fans complaining about the officiating, now that's hilarious !
    +1
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  15. #75
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,491

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Can someone please put up the winning goal here, I can't find it, want to see it. And the hit everyone's talking about, thanks.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  16. #76

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,596
    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Can someone please put up the winning goal here, I can't find it, want to see it. And the hit everyone's talking about, thanks.
    See if I can. It'll have to be this afternoon. But, I just watched the replay and the camera was more on center ice and you can't clearly see if the Clarkson forward(s) were offside. There is no clean shot of the blue line.

    If that was the only camera angle, then the on ice call had to stand as it was not 100% conclusive.

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Can someone please put up the winning goal here, I can't find it, want to see it. And the hit everyone's talking about, thanks.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8N4WmEZbRnc

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,563

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Quote Originally Posted by CLKHockey View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8N4WmEZbRnc
    A cool view of the goal and celebration. Too bad it didn't start five seconds earlier.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    638

    Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

    Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    The net was pushed on top of the goalie by a Cornell player trying to cut the corner and catch up to a Clarkson forward, look at the replay, it was obvious. The officials screwed up by not blowing the whistle while he was stuck. The lack of a whistle did not affect the score.
    I will add my 2 cents here. In my opinion, this play should NOT have been blown dead. Clarkson has inside position going behind the net which a trailing Kaldis tries to get inside position. He dislodges the net slightly ramped up but pegs are still in. Clarkson still has clear possession in dangerous scoring area. Galladja straps are caught on the net briefly. Once the puck is out of dangerous scoring area/possession then whistles blown dead.

  20. #80

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,596
    Quote Originally Posted by CLKHockey View Post
    made it a link and the video doesn't show the line call.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •