2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

Yeah travel is gonna be tricky tomorrow.. several of my friends went up today because of it.. A real bummer. Was really hoping for a nice weekend.. last year it was -25 up there now this lol.

Comment

People please be careful or stay home, it's not worth getting in trouble. If you do go the earlier the better with tomorrow eve being the worst. Awful weather, the wind up to 40 mph. Geesh !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Per the ECAC Deputy Commissioner,

Steve Bobarakis
        To:
        Dave Collins

Mar 21 at 6:42 PM

Hi Dave,

We will be conducting our championship as scheduled.

Steve
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Several Brown fans are leaving Friday morning for LP. I am planning on leaving Albany around 10am. Can someone post in the morning as to weather conditions and what police agencies are saying about travel? I am concerned about traveling on 86 after I get off the Northway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
            Several Brown fans are leaving Friday morning for LP. I am planning on leaving Albany around 10am. Can someone post in the morning as to weather conditions and what police agencies are saying about travel? I am concerned about traveling on 86 after I get off the Northway.
            1.It snows a lot in the High Peaks.
            2. In northern NY it is what's known as just another *#%^*# **** snowstorm.
            3. The DOT crews are good at what they do.

That said, If you are driving a Prius with bald tires, please do the State Police and your fellow travelers a solid and stay the heck home. If you are an experienced winter driver with a reliable car equipped with tires that can produce traction in winter conditions, then proceed on!
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

This is the detailed forecast as per the NWS for the Tri-Lakes:

Friday
              Snow. High near 34. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
              Friday Night
              Snow. Low around 15. Northwest wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
              Saturday
              Snow, mainly before 11am. High near 26. West wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-21-2019, 09:58 PM.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I'll post here what the roads are like going into placid.. im not very far away though.. its raining here in the north country right now, expected to turn to sleet/freezing rain early tomorrow morning, then to snow by 7 or 8am i think..

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  This is the detailed forecast as per the NWS for the Tri-Lakes:

Friday
                  Snow. High near 34. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
                  Friday Night
                  Snow. Low around 15. Northwest wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
                  Saturday
                  Snow, mainly before 11am. High near 26. West wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
                  Not sure of your source, but the NWS is still saying 12-18 per the storm warning for Lake Placid, Good luck and safe travels to all the hearty souls who head out.
                  Last edited by LTsatch; 03-21-2019, 11:23 PM.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

I thought it was 9 (Exit 30) to 73 to Lake Placid?

Many moons ago (78), I was headed back to Clarkson in similar conditions. I stopped at a State Police barracks to ask about road conditions in the Adirondacks.

Beware ice dams that block streams that cause flooding on the main road.

Drive safe. It's snowing in the NC right now.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Good Luck to Cornell, Clarkson, Harvard, and Brown on the Whitelaw! Take in the experience as it truly it a bucket list endeavor. For the travelers, be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Not sure of your source, but the NWS is still saying 12-18 per the storm warning for Lake Placid, Good luck and safe travels to all the hearty souls who head out.
                        I noted my source - "NWS-"-the National Weather Service. Also, I am local. Roads are clear this hour - clear as in wet but NOT snow covered- thus includes the Cascade Rd into LP from Keene Valley b
                        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-22-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Spitting snow a little in the Dacks right now but the roads are bare, just a little wet.

Comment

All roads are closed except for those with GREEN GOLD AND CHANT LETS GO TECH! All others that have not experienced the North Country stay home....

LETS GO TECH...IN LP AND HAMDEN!! 3PEAT FOR WOMEN?

all honesty roads are fine. Relax winter driving. drive safe.

Comment

Sounds like it's just another typical day in the village...
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                Sounds like it's just another typical day in the village...
                                Weather is a non event. Wet roads. Zero snowfall this hour in LP.

Comment

Working...
                                X