2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

#2 Cornell will take on #8 Brown in the early semifinal, while #3 Clarkson will play #4 Harvard in the late semifinal..

Clarkson and Harvard will play a rematch of last years late semifinal which was fast and furious.

Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

The whole thing feels very much like 2018. Cornell the top seed taking on an unheralded Ivy who has had a great second half and pulled a big upset sweep in their QF. Clarkson and Harvard the 2/3 matchup.

Hope it goes differently this time. :-)
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-17-2019, 06:24 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Go Brown
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        The whole thing feels very much like 2018. Cornell the top seed taking on an unheralded Ivy who has had a great second half and pulled a big upset sweep in their QF. Clarkson and Harvard the 2/3 matchup.

Hope it goes differently this time. :-)
        Yep that was just being discussed while a group of us watched the Cornell/Union game over some corned beef/cabbage and carrot cake..

Clarkson is kind of trending upward coming into Lake Placid this year, unlike last year where from February and March on they kind of limped into town in a sense..And every weekend I can't help but think, just imagine if Grant Cooper didn't have another season ending injury early in the year, ****.. Haven't seen Brown in live action since early in the year but obviously not the same team that got throttled in Potsdam. Really looking forward to watching that early semifinal..when Harvard and Clarkson get together, pucks go in nets.. the last 5 meetings dating back to last season have gone 6-6, 5-2, 5-4, 4-3, 5-3, the home team or higher seed winning all 4, and the tie at Cheel.. I don't expect any different on the big sheet.
        Last edited by CLKHockey; 03-17-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
          Go Brown
          Oh, I imagine this is how 9 ECAC fanbases will feel next weekend.

Though I will obviously be rooting for Midnight for Cinderella in the SF, with a little luck in the other leagues' AQs 2019 just barely missed the possibility of 5 ECAC teams making the NC$$ (with a Brown title). It would be delightful to watch the rest of the hockey community, in particular the NCHC, go ballistic if that ever happened.

Best we can hope for is an all-ECAC F4 in Buffalo.
          Last edited by Kepler; 03-17-2019, 08:07 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Though I will obviously be rooting for Midnight for Cinderella in the SF, with a little luck in the other leagues' AQs 2019 just barely missed the possibility of 5 ECAC teams making the NC$$ (with a Brown title). It would be delightful to watch the rest of the hockey community, in particular the NCHC, go ballistic if that ever happened.

A return to eastern hegemony in hockey!
            I'm pulling for anarchy! It's a righteous cause!

Comment

With due respects to the Ivies which I am proud to be a part of, I think Clarkson has the best set of D men when considering their structure. With that, I think Clarkson will take home the Whitelaw. Make no mistakes I am rooting for the Ivies!

Comment

If it's Clarkson - Cornell we play it on the other rink for old times sake?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Anyone know if the schools get to sell tickets in a certain section, or do you just have to buy through the ECAC and hope you’re not surrounded by people wearing the other team’s colors? Haven’t seen anything on the Brown website yet.

Also, will they eventually sell individual game tickets online or just the all-session? I likely won’t be able to make the Friday games, but if Brown wins I want to head up for the championship Saturday.

Thanks for any help from those who’ve been through it before. I haven’t had the need to look into ticketing since Atlantic City, so it’s been a while!

Comment

Schools do get tickets for their fans to sit together, usually in the four corners. You can buy better tickets between the bluelines etc from the arena but you sit with the general public there. Take your pick, better to be with your school's fans I would think.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                      Anyone know if the schools get to sell tickets in a certain section, or do you just have to buy through the ECAC and hope you’re not surrounded by people wearing the other team’s colors? Haven’t seen anything on the Brown website yet.

Also, will they eventually sell individual game tickets online or just the all-session? I likely won’t be able to make the Friday games, but if Brown wins I want to head up for the championship Saturday.

Thanks for any help from those who’ve been through it before. I haven’t had the need to look into ticketing since Atlantic City, so it’s been a while!
                      When I made the trip to Lake Placid in 2014 and 2015, I bought my tickets at the door and requested a section with other Colgate fans. If you do make the trip up there, enjoy!!!!! The drive up is magnificently beautiful and so is the village!
                      Colgate '09

Comment

The restaurants in town have gone way downhill, but the village is magnificent. The hotels double their prices for the weekend also.

Most hotels insist you stay both Fri and Sat nights, BUT, Saturday night many of the fans go home,
                        the ones that lost the games Friday night, so some rooms may open up. Thought that would be helpful to you KDIFF77 since you may go for just Saturday night.
                        Last edited by sshablak; 03-18-2019, 09:00 AM.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Hoping I can find a cheap last-minute hotel or Airbnb for Saturday night. I’ve been to Lake Placid, but it was for a youth hockey tournament I played in when I was 10, so I’d love to check it out again. If I hadn’t started a new job last Monday, I’d probably take Friday off and head up there for the semis, but that doesn’t seem prudent given the circumstances.

Comment

In case anyone was thinking of a spot to drop in on...As far as in town for lunch spots, Lisa G's is good. Delta Blue, Players, or Black Bear Rest. are all fine lunch spots as well for a burger/sandwich and a beer type deal.. Smoke Signals will not disappoint for dinner(if you like smoked meat).. It opens at 4, no reservations, and can be very hard to get into as it is extremely popular, for good reason. The food is incredible. From smoked bbq pork nachos, smoked trout dip, smoked Reuben sandwiches, and their signature brisket dinner, which I get everytime.. The Cabin Grill and The Upstairs Grill are both places I would return to for dinner, as well.. Oh and I almost forgot, we always stop into The Cottage for a bloody mary, always! It's usually always crowded in their, but it's a tradition.. I have the advantage of being about an hour and twenty minutes away, so I go up somewhat regularly.

Comment

So you don’t see a way Cornell gets in if Brown wins the ECACs? Unless I’m misreading your post.

Comment

Working...
                              X