Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will be the NC$$ Women's Div I 2018-2019 Champion

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
    true, but past performance is no guarantee of future results in fact this year the last game winner has been the next game loser
    UM won't get past Cornell, so that thought is purely theoretical. ;0

Where's all the Clarkson posters, what are your thoughts on the game? It gets boring talking to all the same old rodents fans all the time..paint thinner, better dead than red, Maddy Rolfes is a goon...
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      paint thinner, better dead than red, Maddy Rolfes is a goon...
      It's not boring when you acknowledge our points!

Comment

It gets boring talking to all the same old rodents fans all the time..paint thinner, better dead than red, Maddy Rolfes is a goon...
        Haven't your therapists discussed transference with you yet? Or do they just keep prescribing thinner?
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

...Maddy Rolfes is a goon...
          You'll have to show us where we said that, because I don't remember ever reading that until you pointed it out just now. Too bad; I always liked her.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Where's all the Clarkson posters, what are your thoughts on the game? .........
            I'm here .
            My thoughts!!!
            I did not think in 2014 they would beat Minny.
            I did not think in 2017 they would beat Minny and then Wisco.
            I did not think in 2018 they would beat tOSU and then Wisco (Oh sorry I meant Colgate).
            So why am I gonna pick them this year to beat Wisco. I do not think I will.
            And then I do not think they will beat Cornell .
            If I expect them to lose then to me it's not a big deal when they do.
            But, if I expect them to lose and they win, then I am ecstatic. I also get to hear all the whining from the WCHA fans.

On a more serious discussion.
            Clarkson to win the game has to get production from Gabel-Giguere-Pejzlova and from someone else whether it be the defense or one of the other lines.
            I do not expect Clarkson to get more than 20-25 SOG so the few Grade A chances they get they better bury them.
            It would be nice if they could get a power play goal or two. Since Feb 1st in their last 13 games they are 3 for 40 on the PP. Not great at all. Maybe they are saving them for this game?
            Stay out of the penalty box. Since Feb 1st they have allowed 8 goals on 51 PK's, not bad but not great either.
            Sauve is going to have to be great once again. I expect she will face between 30 to 35 SOG.
            Of coarse all Clarkson has to do is get this game to OT and then Giguere will work her magic.
            LETS GO TECH!!
            Last edited by vicb; 03-20-2019, 04:18 PM.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

The road for any of the four teams is not an easy one but for the ECAC teams, the potential is there is have to face Wisconsin and Minnesota back to back (in Clarkson's case). That would be a very impressive National championship if it worked out that way. The same could be said of Cornell if it works out that they defeat Minnesota and then Wisconsin is their opponent in the National Championship. That would be a very impressive two game stretch to win the title as well.

I am very leary of the Clarkson mojo. At some point that has to run out, right?
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                The road for any of the four teams is not an easy one but for the ECAC teams, the potential is there is have to face Wisconsin and Minnesota back to back (in Clarkson's case). That would be a very impressive National championship if it worked out that way. The same could be said of Cornell if it works out that they defeat Minnesota and then Wisconsin is their opponent in the National Championship. That would be a very impressive two game stretch to win the title as well.
                Clarkson has already defeated UM & UW at the FF, although the 2017 version of the Gophers was an unseeded team. In fact, the Golden Knights have never defeated two seeded opponents to win a title (Mercyhurst was unseeded in 2014, Minnesota in 2017, and Ohio State was in 2018).

As far as beating the top two seeds goes, Minnesota defeated #2 UW and #1 BC in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  You'll have to show us where we said that, because I don't remember ever reading that until you pointed it out just now. Too bad; I always liked her.
                  I was juts being funny, she was the point of the interference discussion from the UM/UW title tilt.

Comment

Looking at the stats, it's a slam dunk UW and UM make the final, though the teams are essentially 1 2 3 4 in team D, which is the great equalizer (UW is more than .5 ga better than the rest). Clarkson's weakness is special teams are average...PP is 19th ranked, PK is 17. Cornell averages a goal per game less than UM and UW.

I think Clarkson probably has the most confidence in their goalie of 4 if I had to guess. Soup has a lot more experience than last year. Cornell is totally newbie to being this deep but the goalie is a Sr, and UM's goalies are kinda in that same newbie boat though less experienced overall.

Comment

Looking at the stats, it's a slam dunk UW and UM make the final, though the teams are essentially 1 2 3 4 in team D, which is the great equalizer (UW is more than .5 ga better than the rest). Clarkson's weakness is special teams are average...PP is 19th ranked, PK is 17. Cornell averages a goal per game less than UM and UW.

I think Clarkson probably has the most confidence in their goalie of 4 if I had to guess. Soup has a lot more experience than last year. Cornell is totally newbie to being this deep but the goalie is a Sr, and UM's goalies are kinda in that same newbie boat though less experienced overall.
                      Sometimes slam dunks hit the back of the rim and never make it thru the basket.
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        Sometimes slam dunks hit the back of the rim and never make it thru the basket.
                        Sometimes you have a practically empty net and shoot the puck wide and high. That's why they play the games on the ice and not in a computer, interesting to think about though.

Comment

A couple things: does anyone know what time the final is on Sunday?
                          It’s not on collegehockeystats yet and I am too lazy to look further, atm.

I ask because it was just announced that the Clarkson Cup Championship game will be aired live on NHL Network in the US at noon on Sunday ( it is also live in Canada on Sportsnet and TVA). Some here may wish to watch.

I voted in the poll. Don’t have a rooting interest, but I went with Minnesota, only because they were my gut choice between them and Wisc, back in the fall.

Hockeywise it seems like Mark Johnson has had a fairytale year, other than the reg season championship. It kind of seems like it’s destiny for Wisc to get it done this year for the first time since ‘11. Of course, destiny doesn’t win championships, just like computers don’t either. Looking forward to watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                            A couple things: does anyone know what time the final is on Sunday?
                            It’s not on collegehockeystats yet and I am too lazy to look further, atm.

I ask because it was just announced that the Clarkson Cup Championship game will be aired live on NHL Network in the US at noon on Sunday ( it is also live in Canada on Sportsnet and TVA). Some here may wish to watch.

I voted in the poll. Don’t have a rooting interest, but I went with Minnesota, only because they were my gut choice between them and Wisc, back in the fall.

Hockeywise it seems like Mark Johnson has had a fairytale year, other than the reg season championship. It kind of seems like it’s destiny for Wisc to get it done this year for the first time since ‘11. Of course, destiny doesn’t win championships, just like computers don’t either. Looking forward to watching.
                            Hi Lindsay, the final on Sunday is at 1:30. By that I mean 1:30 here in Minnesota (CDT)

Comment

As I've thought about it all week. I can make a case for three of the teams winning it all with the exception being Cornell.

Clarkson with the Suave factor, best first line, and OT mojo.
                              Wisconsin with the best overall balance with depth, defense, and offense
                              Minnesota with potential to have 2 or even 3 lines that can all beat you.

In the end I just went with the rooting interest although I was very close to choosing Clarkson...(Of course I did have a thought of Wisconsin winning but much like having the vapors that dissipated quickly.)
                              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-21-2019, 01:58 PM.
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

The first semi pairs the teams that won the regular-season titles; the second matches teams that won league tourneys.

I really don't see a lot of separation between any of these teams. The safest bet is the winner of the second semi. Wisconsin has been the best team for most of the season; Clarkson tends to be the best team at the end of seasons. However, it would hardly be a shocker if Cornell or Minnesota won. I guess we'll get some answers starting tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X