Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

JvR's 3 SOG in Flyers 5-4 SO win against Leafs tonight may help B's get home ice in first round. :-)

Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH

Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    It was...I was there. And the next night was even...oh wait, this is the UNH thread...
    ….and don't you forget it. In other news Captain Marcus Vela made his pro debut with the San Jose Barracuda joining Rich Boyd hitting the pro ranks...good luck Marcus!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-28-2019 at 05:46 AM.
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    .and don't you forget it. In other news Captain Marcus Vela made his pro debut with the San Jose Barracuda joining Rich Boyd hitting the pro ranks...good luck Marcus!
    Speaking of Marcus, he led the Cats in what category for forwards this past season?

And, in what two categories did Anthony Wyse and Benton Maass lead the team?

And, how many Cats scored double-digit goals this past season?

And, finally how many Cats scored double-digit assists this past season?

Go 'cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I'm more at ease with the Game One loss, even though that stung. Game Two though if it was the first time we've seen this, hey, UNH was unlucky, no big deal, the better team won, etc. But it's happened a bunch of times before, including against UML a couple of years ago (the game where Tirone stayed in despite being like 7-0 down in the second period?), and including as far back as a similar blowout in an NCAA game against Denver in the mid-90's.
    Not always though: https://unhwildcats.com/news/2019/3/...ies-begin.aspx
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    YEAH! My best memory in the last 19 years. It was one of those, been here done this (with no success)before. And ND to boot! Great feeling.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by After the Whistle View Post
    YEAH! My best memory in the last 19 years. It was one of those, been here done this (with no success)before. And ND to boot! Great feeling.

Awesome college game. And to think BU went on to win an NC after beating us the next night. Another missed opportunity!

Awesome college game. And to think BU went on to win an NC after beating us the next night. Another missed opportunity!
    Unfortunately we've seen a few. Okay, a lot! But it hasn't and won't stop me from going and caring. And just think only 200+/- days until the next year begins.

Seasoned Veteran
    Unfortunately we've seen a few. Okay, a lot! But it hasn't and won't stop me from going and caring. And just think only 200+/- days until the next year begins.
    Same AtW

UGH is it that many days till the next puck drop?? Hope to see a few UNH fans tomorrow!!!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

UGH is it that many days till the next puck drop?? Hope to see a few UNH fans tomorrow!!!
    If only there was a relaxing summer past time to follow that would take us right up next season. I could go for something like that, starting today!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    If only there was a relaxing summer past time to follow that would take us right up next season. I could go for something like that, starting today!!
    There is. It's called G-O-L-F. I'll be at the range tomorrow.

There is. It's called G-O-L-F. I'll be at the range tomorrow.
    I've had to dodge a few snowstorms, but I've been playing in CO since mid-Feb...

Only now, can I do golf AND baseball!

I've had to dodge a few snowstorms, but I've been playing in CO since mid-Feb...

Only now, can I do golf AND baseball!
    Woo hoo! (I'm too old for baseball...can't run anymore after three knee surgeries)

Woo hoo! (I'm too old for baseball...can't run anymore after three knee surgeries)
    I mostly meant watching the Red Sox. I'm as into the Sox as I am into UNH Hockey - it will be a long summer for those who aren't, I guess. I can't play much anymore either, my shoulder is shredded after two third-degree separations. More importantly, I used to be pretty good. I'm not at that level any more and I don't handle it well. I throw too much at practices as it is. Golf is great, however, because I was never very good when I was young and I improve rapidly! Even if I'm still entirely mediocre. Plus out here in CO (at altitude), I play super long and its a real ego boost, haha...
    Last edited by Dan; 03-28-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

I mostly meant watching the Red Sox. I'm as into the Sox as I am into UNH Hockey - it will be a long summer for those who aren't, I guess. I can't play much anymore either, my shoulder is shredded after two third-degree separations. More importantly, I used to be pretty good. I'm not at that level any more and I don't handle it well. I throw too much at practices as it is. Golf is great, however, because I was never very good when I was young and I improve rapidly! Even if I'm still entirely mediocre. Plus out here in CO (at altitude), I play super long and its a real ego boost, haha...
    I digress...my Dad and I went to Boulder many years ago and while playing tennis he promptly lobbed a ball (back when people were still actually hitting lobs) that bounced once and went about ten feet OVER the external fence. I just watched in disbelief. After asking the pro, he said they use special low compression tennis balls there (which I had never really thought about - we just brought our own can of balls with us). Oh, and the other thing. I was sucking wind after ten minutes. There's just no air to breathe! (this was 36 years ago so I was young, too)

Seasoned Veteran
    Go bosox!

Go bosox!
    Hey HR is down for some bosox...
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Uh..anyone else see the Mark Divver tweet? BvR in the NCAA 'transfer portal'????? According to Divver he has 2 HE, 1 Big 10, 1 NCHC offers. I'd copy it but don't know how. Can anyone verify???
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-28-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Go 'cats!

BU made a deal with the devil the way they won games that season. Reading their board, apparently the deal has come due.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Uh..anyone else see the Mark Divver tweet? BvR in the NCAA 'transfer portal'????? According to Divver he has 2 HE, 1 Big 10, 1 NCHC offers. I'd copy it but don't know how. Can anyone verify???
    Yes. Click here.
    Last edited by chickod; 03-28-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Thread Information