Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Methinks the Grumpy UNH'er = EJ Smith = Jacques = ??????

So long as we're talking "conspiracy theories" on here, that's mine …
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Waiting 'til next week (when the SCF is over, one way or the other) to trot something new out.

The working title is currently … "Confessions of a Converted Former SMT"

I've also got something else a little more long form in the works … still working through a few things.

Just marking time with my on-line pals … still 90+ days left to kill before MS7.2 kicks into gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Methinks the Grumpy UNH'er = EJ Smith = Jacques = ??????

So long as we're talking "conspiracy theories" on here, that's mine …
        lol conspiracy theories...sooo deep state. Forgot about EJ...Titanic or Bust. Hey speaking of championships, IF the Checkers win tonight, Andrew Pots could be lifting the Calder Cup! Good luck Andrew!!!
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          lol conspiracy theories...sooo deep state. Forgot about EJ...Titanic or Bust. Hey speaking of championships, IF the Checkers win tonight, Andrew Pots could be lifting the Calder Cup! Good luck Andrew!!!
          Yes, good luck to Pots, hoping that he a pots a few tonight for a Calder Cup. Speaking of which, Jason Krog and Darren Haydar were key kogs on the Chicago Wolves for their Calder Cup title in 2007-2008.

Comment

Checkers up 2-0. Andrew Poturaslki with the first goal of the game...heading into the third.

Comment

Checkers win the Calder 5-3...Andrew Pots has 2 goals on the night! Congrats Andrew on the MVP as well...!!
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 06-08-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Checkers win the Calder 5-3...Andrew Pots has 2 goals on the night! Congrats Andrew on the MVP as well...!!
                There's a very interesting mix of players who've gotten their name on the Jack Butterfield Trophy …

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/awards/...hp?award_id=50

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Three straight in the Wolves' barn to win series 4-1. Maybe the 'Canes would be facing the Big Bad Blues in game 6 tonight if they had called up their Checkers impending post-season MVP when they desperately needed a few snipes against Tuukka and the B's?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    There's a very interesting mix of players who've gotten their name on the Jack Butterfield Trophy …

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/awards/...hp?award_id=50
                    Jason K is the first UNH'er to make this list...wish I had seen him play. Sure is an interesting mix. Happy for Pots!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Three straight in the Wolves' barn to win series 4-1. Maybe the 'Canes would be facing the Big Bad Blues in game 6 tonight if they had called up their Checkers impending post-season MVP when they desperately needed a few snipes against Tuukka and the B's?
                      Well I would agree with that...I'm glad we got to see Potsy play in Providence...

Comment

Just for fun..."we were the least penalized team going into Round 3 of the playoffs"? Really??

Round 1: BOS 30 PIMs / STL 32
                        Round 2: CAR 28 / NYI 28 / BOS 40 / STL 40
                        Round 3: BOS 32 / CAR 32 / STL 44
                        Round 4: BOS 36 / STL 44

MK…. Anyway...should be an interesting night in St. Louis!! HomerHR will be watching.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          So happy for Pots! Someone needs to give him a shot, what could they lose? Remember he and TK starting their sophomore year and leading the country in points until the second half. BC and BU had their number by then and literally would beat him up behind the net and along the boards. Many of us speculated that he had a shoulder issue the second half as his stick work and overall scoring declined. And yes I realize we were playing conference games at that point, no easy pickins.
                          After being a Springfield Indians fan as a kid, we would play a game before theirs and then get free seats. My family moved to NC and I introduced my classmates to hockey at the "Coliseum". Not sure what league they were in but it was wide open, rough and tumble hockey with lots of fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                            So happy for Pots! Someone needs to give him a shot, what could they lose? Remember he and TK starting their sophomore year and leading the country in points until the second half. BC and BU had their number by then and literally would beat him up behind the net and along the boards. Many of us speculated that he had a shoulder issue the second half as his stick work and overall scoring declined. And yes I realize we were playing conference games at that point, no easy pickins.
                            After being a Springfield Indians fan as a kid, we would play a game before theirs and then get free seats. My family moved to NC and I introduced my classmates to hockey at the "Coliseum". Not sure what league they were in but it was wide open, rough and tumble hockey with lots of fights.
                            Good stuff, ATW. TyK was a junior in the 2015-16 season, and really cranked up Pots and senior Correale's goal totals. Too bad that MS did not give their line more time on the PP ahead of seniors Smith, MacDonald, and Gaudreault the first half of the season, before MacDonald's season ended and Pots injured his shoulder.

At McCoy stadium this afternoon, for first and likely only time, where I cannot get the around-the-infield-horn ball toss thing that disses the Redwings (not your Redwings, Chuck) out of my head, thanks to Dan. :-)
                            Last edited by Snively65; 06-09-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Good times for UNH and Potsy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-hhIMWxXQU

What a duo those two were...Kelleher and Pots. Sure, that wasn't the greatest UNH season on record, but, he was a thrilling player to watch. Agree ATW...give him a chance on the big stage!

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                                Cool story ATW!!! didn't know you were a hockey guy...will have to tell me some stories when we meet up again at the 'Whitt!!! Agree; Pots would just get mauled; there's a you tube on those take downs you can see. I'd put it up here but maybe not appropriate...anyway, he's a gifted player and his talents were certainly rewarded. I watched the game last night and got a few laughs over the 'F' Yeahs from the Checkers as they lifted the Calder Cup....

Comment

Working...
                                X