Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1002

Thread: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

  1. #441
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,468

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Foegele is putting together quite the postseason with the 'Canes.

    Any more word on TvR?
    Called it an 'upper body' injury. He went off holding his arm...separated shoulder, broken clavicle, or something to that effect (only speculating). Two games in a row he suffers an injury and this one doesn't look good. 'Canes will be calling up some players perhaps Pots?? IF the Bruins can get their act together and if the 'Canes win this round they will up next!! (I think I have that right). Lots of 'ifs'...Meanwhile, Pesce continues to be a warrior out there!

    Saw online that Kohei Sato is playing for Team Japan in the IIHF Hockey World Championships B Group...

    Ps. In the presser after the game ‘Canes coach said TvR would not be returning “anytime soon”...
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-28-2019 at 07:22 PM.

  2. #442
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    12,877

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Called it an 'upper body' injury. He went off holding his arm...separated shoulder, broken clavicle, or something to that effect (only speculating). Two games in a row he suffers an injury and this one doesn't look good. 'Canes will be calling up some players perhaps Pots?? IF the Bruins can get their act together and if the 'Canes win this round they will up next!! (I think I have that right). Lots of 'ifs'...Meanwhile, Pesce continues to be a warrior out there!

    Saw online that Kohei Sato is playing for Team Japan in the IIHF Hockey World Championships B Group...

    Ps. In the presser after the game ‘Canes coach said TvR would not be returning “anytime soon”...


    So, if they're down a defenseman … why would they call up a forward?

    With all due respect, HR … AP's game is hardly suitable for playoff hockey at the top level.

    You also don't call up a guy you've refused to call up all season, and plug him into playoff games.

    I'm happy AP is playing well in the CC playoffs, but it's likely his audition for his next job/new team ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  3. #443
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post


    So, if they're down a defenseman … why would they call up a forward?

    With all due respect, HR … AP's game is hardly suitable for playoff hockey at the top level.

    You also don't call up a guy you've refused to call up all season, and plug him into playoff games.

    I'm happy AP is playing well in the CC playoffs, but it's likely his audition for his next job/new team ...
    Down a forward for 10-14 days also, as Saku Maenalanen undergoing hand surgery. But, my guess is that fellow Finn and left shot Aleksi Saarela will be called up.

    Also, 'Canes called up Clark Bishop for Game 2, his first time up this season. So, if another right shot forward goes down, I would not be surprised to see AP get called up.

    Guessing that right shot D Man Roland McKeown might replace TvR, as Renouf, Carrick, and Bean are all left shots.

    Perhaps our UNH-loaded 'Canes / Checkers will go all the way?
    Last edited by Snively65; 04-28-2019 at 10:23 PM.

  4. #444
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    12,877

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Down a forward for 10-14 days also, as Saku Maenalanen undergoing hand surgery. But, my guess is that fellow Finn and left shot Aleksi Saarela will be called up.

    Also, 'Canes called up Clark Bishop for Game 2, his first time up this season. So, if another right shot forward goes down, I would not be surprised to see AP get called up.

    Guessing that right shot D Man Roland McKeown might replace TvR, as Renouf, Carrick, and Bean are all left shots.

    Perhaps our UNH-loaded 'Canes / Checkers will go all the way?
    Bishop played 20 games for Carolina earlier in the season, so it's not his first time up this season.

    Also, I believe Svechnikov (sp?) is due to return to the line-up at some point later in the series.

    I would be shocked to see AP called up. Guys like Bishop can cover 4th line duties, if needed.

    Putting AP on a checking line in the midst of the NHL playoffs isn't going to happen, at least not with an organization that for all apparent indications has given up on him as a legit NHL prospect. If I'm wrong, add another frosty to my tab (not to mention a designated driver for the long trek back to Thornton).
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  5. #445
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Bishop played 20 games for Carolina earlier in the season, so it's not his first time up this season.

    Also, I believe Svechnikov (sp?) is due to return to the line-up at some point later in the series.

    I would be shocked to see AP called up. Guys like Bishop can cover 4th line duties, if needed.

    Putting AP on a checking line in the midst of the NHL playoffs isn't going to happen, at least not with an organization that for all apparent indications has given up on him as a legit NHL prospect. If I'm wrong, add another frosty to my tab (not to mention a designated driver for the long trek back to Thornton).
    Agreed that AP would not be called up to replace someone on a checking line, only a scoring line. So far this season, the Canes have been fairly injury-free on those lines. But, I think that it has been their top two D pairs that have them where they are, and I am thinking that they will go deeper than the B's this postseason.

  6. #446
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    12,877

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Agreed that AP would not be called up to replace someone on a checking line, only a scoring line. So far this season, the Canes have been fairly injury-free on those lines. But, I think that it has been their top two D pairs that have them where they are, and I am thinking that they will go deeper than the B's this postseason.
    I was chatting with a couple of pals at work separately at work yesterday, they both said the same thing. Lots of folks seem to be figuring Carolina is this year's "team of destiny". I'm getting the same sense with St. Louis out west, which is another under the radar team no one is really talking about.

    I'm predicting a B's vs. Sharks SC Final. I'm not a B's fan, but I really think the Cup is theirs to lose.

    AP is not getting a call-up, period. Unless a full line's worth of top six forwards is shelved, and even then, he might not dress. If he was ever going to get the call, it would have been when Svechnikov went down. He's just not figuring in the 'Canes' plans, short term OR long term. He's a talented kid, sure, but he's not talented enough to be a top six NHL guy, and he's not physical or responsible enough to be a bottom six guy either. I don't think it's a stretch to consider him this generation's Darren Haydar.

    Rod Brind'Amour is a two time Selke Award winner as the NHL's best defensive forward, played 20 years in the league, and captained the 'Canes to Cup about a dozen years ago towards the end of his career. So he knows what it takes to have success in the postseason (I think he was with the '97 Flyers and '02 'Canes when they lost to DRW in the SCF), and he's doing that right now with a team that's had little success since their first/only Cup win. AP being marooned in Charlotte is not an accident.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  7. #447

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,969
    Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    Name the only C's player who had his own TV show?
    Chuck Connors - The Rifleman

  8. #448
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Chuck Connors - The Rifleman
    Bingo

  9. #449
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    4,259

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I'm predicting a B's vs. Sharks SC Final. I'm not a B's fan, but I really think the Cup is theirs to lose.
    I'm hoping you're right, but if they don't get Pastrnak "straightened out" they're not going anywhere. It is at the point now where it's not only affecting him but everyone, because they have put him on three different lines to try to work out his problems.

    Why do I get the feeling that he reinjured that hand? He can't hold the puck (not to mention he is very inaccurate when he DOES shoot or try to make a play)...you can breathe on him and he loses it. It won't stay on his stick (or as they say in hockey lingo, he's not "strong on the puck"). Obviously they are not going to admit anything at this point, but you don't go from being one of the most highly skilled players in the league the past two years to nothing for no reason...

  10. #450
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    211

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

    Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    Bingo
    i believe that he also played professional baseball for a short while.

  11. #451
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by After the Whistle View Post
    i believe that he also played professional baseball for a short while.
    Yup; one game in 1949, 65 in 1951. What position(s) and for what teams?

  12. #452
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    211

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Yup; one game in 1949, 65 in 1951. What position(s) and for what teams?
    1st base but I would have to cheat to be correct. Was one of them the Dodgers, Brookland?

  13. #453
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by After the Whistle View Post
    i believe that he also played professional baseball for a short while.
    Yup.

    To answer Snives question, he played first base for the Cubs and the Brooklyn Dodgers.

  14. #454
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by After the Whistle View Post
    1st base but I would have to cheat to be correct. Was one of them the Dodgers, Brookland?
    Yup, one game with Brookland (aka Brooklyn) in 1949, and 65 games with the Cubbies in 1951.

    Name another Celtics player and the number of games and/or seasons that he logged for whom in MLB?

  15. #455
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Yup, one game with Brookland (aka Brooklyn) in 1949, and 65 games with the Cubbies in 1951.

    Name another Celtics player and the number of games and/or seasons that he logged for whom in MLB?
    Danny Ainge played for the Blue Jays(1979-1981).

  16. #456
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    Danny Ainge played for the Blue Jays(1979-1981).
    Yup. Career BA 0.220 and OPS 0.533, which would be significant upgrades over some current players on the Sox.

    But, back to UNH alums on the ice again tonight with their "team of destiny." :-)

  17. #457
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    12,877

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

    Name That Goalie (video quiz - brought to you by the WIS Subcommittee for Athleticism in Goalies):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egfKEpSLZak

    (1) Ben Bishop
    (2) Roberto Luongo
    (3) Tuukka Rask
    (4) Frederik Andersen
    (5) Jake Oettinger
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  18. #458
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,926

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    I'm hoping you're right, but if they don't get Pastrnak "straightened out" they're not going anywhere. It is at the point now where it's not only affecting him but everyone, because they have put him on three different lines to try to work out his problems.

    Why do I get the feeling that he reinjured that hand? He can't hold the puck (not to mention he is very inaccurate when he DOES shoot or try to make a play)...you can breathe on him and he loses it. It won't stay on his stick (or as they say in hockey lingo, he's not "strong on the puck"). Obviously they are not going to admit anything at this point, but you don't go from being one of the most highly skilled players in the league the past two years to nothing for no reason...
    Pastrnak is trash this series. More infuriating than anything is that he was likely WASTED and hurt it in a g**** parking garage and not even in a game or practice. Total nonsense.

    I sure hope he doesn't have a drinking problem....
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  19. #459
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    12,877

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Pastrnak is trash this series. More infuriating than anything is that he was likely WASTED and hurt it in a g**** parking garage and not even in a game or practice. Total nonsense.

    I sure hope he doesn't have a drinking problem....
    Somewhere down in the Dallas Metroplex, Tyler Seguin is
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  20. #460
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    4,255

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Somewhere down in the Dallas Metroplex, Tyler Seguin is
    Depends on what your definition of IS, is!!
    GO BLUE/GO UNH

    COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •