Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Nor did the lack of postseason winning experience seem to hinder the Minutewagon. And, to think that we had them on the ropes, up 3-0 through almost two periods in game 1 of the quarters in their own barn.
    Oh please, you sound like Chuck. I was there last night. Not many UNH fans in attendance btw. UMass was excellent, although Harvard is really not that good. But what about today. UMass looked like national champions in waiting to me. Notre Dame is not chump change. And they have Jackson as coach. But they were thoroughly outclassed. At one point in the third the shots were 32-12. UMass is light years ahead of UNH. Got that? You should, that is if you watched the game today.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
      Oh please, you sound like Chuck. I was there last night. Not many UNH fans in attendance btw. UMass was excellent, although Harvard is really not that good. But what about today. UMass looked like national champions in waiting to me. Notre Dame is not chump change. And they have Jackson as coach. But they were thoroughly outclassed. At one point in the third the shots were 32-12. UMass is light years ahead of UNH. Got that? You should, that is if you watched the game today.
      Jesus H., simmah down Greg.
      UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        According to Mike McMahon "The NCAA transfer portal is new as of last October. It doesn’t mean a player is 100% transferring. All it does is open the communication. Once in the portal other teams can talk to you without penalty" . interesting.
        My guess is he stays at UNH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Actually Greg is right, UMass is the class of our league. Nothing wrong with what he said.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Greg is correct. I was there as well and they totally dominated. SOG were 34-12, second period alone was 16-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by msprice View Post
              Greg is correct. I was there as well and they totally dominated. SOG were 34-12, second period alone was 16-2.
              Congrats to you how much fun is that!! Enjoy every second...
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                Oh, I agree he is correct, LOL I just his response was a tad abrupt.
                UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Oh, I agree he is correct, LOL I just his response was a tad abrupt.
                  Well, after watching tonight, it's really hard to be critical of UNH. UMass is so fast and explosive and was all over ND. They were all over UNH two weeks ago and they just happened to get a slow start. They were easily the fastest team I have seen this weekend. Not even close. I didn't think UNH "quit" at all...I just think UMass got it going after a slow start which is understandable in a 1 vs 8 scenario. They are a little streaky but once they get it going they come at you in waves and overwhelm you. Interesting side note...Murray hasn't seen the ice since the Wildcats knocked him out of game 1 of the quarterfinals (and I don't think he will again).

But the bigger takeaway is there is a new sheriff in town. They're not going away. A young, outstanding coach. A newly established recruiting pipeline. A fast, up and down, exciting brand of hockey. A big state school with plenty of money and who has made a commitment to the program. A large enrollment that, when they get excited about the team can really pack arenas. That's big time bad news for the rest of the Hockey East schools. But probably good for the league. It will bring some excitement to the tourney in the future. Let's face it, the best attendance is when you have the big state schools there, which was always UNH and Maine. Now we have another one that has come to the dance. With resources from private schools being diverted to other areas, it's not fluke that those teams they have been mentioning all weekend that have mulitple titles didn't make the tournament. Their star may be on the decline.
                  Last edited by chickod; 03-30-2019, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Well, after watching tonight, it's really hard to be critical of UNH. UMass is so fast and explosive and was all over ND. They were all over UNH two weeks ago and they just happened to get a slow start. They were easily the fastest team I have seen this weekend. Not even close. I didn't think UNH "quit" at all...I just think UMass got it going after a slow start which is understandable in a 1 vs 8 scenario. They are a little streaky but once they get it going they come at you in waves and overwhelm you. Interesting side note...Murray hasn't seen the ice since the Wildcats knocked him out of game 1 of the quarterfinals (and I don't think he will again).

But the bigger takeaway is there is a new sheriff in town. They're not going away. A young, outstanding coach. A newly established recruiting pipeline. A fast, up and down, exciting brand of hockey. A big state school with plenty of money and who has made a commitment to the program. A large enrollment that, when they get excited about the team can really pack arenas. That's big time bad news for the rest of the Hockey East schools. But probably good for the league. It will bring some excitement to the tourney in the future. Let's face it, the best attendance is when you have the big state schools there, which was always UNH and Maine. Now we have another one that has come to the dance. With resources from private schools being diverted to other areas, it's not fluke that those teams they have been mentioning all weekend that have mulitple titles didn't make the tournament. Their star may be on the decline.
                    Holy hell, with all the hockey you make us read a dissertation. What is wrong with you??

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Holy hell, with all the hockey you make us read a dissertation. What is wrong with you??
                      Relax.

Comment

Wow, guess that I will need to do better with the sarcasm in my posts, which I thought was right up there in my last one. Yea, I did see the Minutewagon humble UNH at the Whitt during the regular season, so I really did not need to see the other three umiliations. Best bet for rest of HEA teams now is for the Minutewagon to begin cycling through blue chippers who only stay for one season, like at BC and BU.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Actually Greg is right, UMass is the class of our league.
                          I'm not sure that's what Greg said, but whether he did OR it's just you saying it … all UMass has won so far is the HE regular season title. They didn't even make it to the HE Tourney Finals. Northeastern is the tourney champion. As a UNH fan, where many regular season titles were followed by no hardware postseasons, I don't remember many folks referring to UNH as the "class of the league" when that happened. Very good, yes … exciting, no doubt … but "class of the league"??? Not quite yet. We'll see.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            I'm not sure that's what Greg said, but whether he did OR it's just you saying it … all UMass has won so far is the HE regular season title. They didn't even make it to the HE Tourney Finals. Northeastern is the tourney champion. As a UNH fan, where many regular season titles were followed by no hardware postseasons, I don't remember many folks referring to UNH as the "class of the league" when that happened. Very good, yes … exciting, no doubt … but "class of the league"??? Not quite yet. We'll see.
                            Chuck, you are correct. Nobody referred to UNH in this manor. Thanks for enlightening me on UNH’s history of near misses. From now on I will be sure to make others aware of that history. Your’s BlackI

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              Chuck, you are correct. Nobody referred to UNH in this manor. Thanks for enlightening me on UNH’s history of near misses. From now on I will be sure to make others aware of that history. Your’s BlackI
                              So how about calling us UNH on other threads as a start as opposed to UHN? 😉
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                So how about calling us UNH on other threads as a start as opposed to UHN? 😉
                                Sure thing. I’ll get right on that.

Anything else I can do to brighten your day? Flowers? Chocolates? A pair of cement shoes?

Your’s BlackI

Comment

Working...
                                X