Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
    Did I see on the news that Conklin is their volunteer goalie coach this year? Did I miss that this summer?
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
      C'mon Chuck, play along for a bit. Will we be better than last year? Who will be captain? We didn't have any early d-men departures! I heard Benton Maas is carrying a 4.0 as a Paul School finance major. Check out @UNHMHOCKEY for some recent Merrimack Valley publicity and outreach.
      I now see that I misread CD's post, which suggests that this season's team could be the best in years, not that the new recruits could be the best in years; my apologies. And, I agree that we should have a better record than last year and posted earlier that we could finish as high as sixth and get back to the Garden with an upset first round win. And, I think that it s really cool that Maass is carrying a 4.0 over his first two years as a finance major.
      Last edited by Snively65; 09-18-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
        https://www.wmur.com/article/unh-hoc...k-in/29114773#
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Nice to see the best goalie in the program's history back in town to help MS7 out.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
            Maybe start a curling program, since Football no longer seems to be the U's calling card.
            Well, there is the 4-0-2 men’s soccer team, #18 in the nation, with two straight NCAA appearances, perhaps a third to come this year. Also in the midst of a facilities upgrade, and just a stone’s throw from the football stadium.
            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

C: Wyse
              A: Grasso
              A: Kelleher

https://unhwildcats.com/news/2019/9/...-captains.aspx
              Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
                Excellent choices!!!!!! Nice to see them go with 3...here we go 'Cats!!!!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  You never know with this team, I like to traditional non-goalie one captain/two alternates but they've been creative in the past.
                  Are you guys brothers?

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Agreed. I like these picks.

Just another small example of a steadier hand at the rudder.
                    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

You never know with this team, I like to traditional non-goalie one captain/two alternates but they've been creative in the past.
                      Nice! I also like the nod to underclassmen. It has been a while (I think).

Comment

Interesting. Wyse was expected, but I'm not sure the other two appeared in many of the guesses posted on here in recent months. It also seems to designate Kelleher as next year's Captain.

I remember having a similarly mixed reaction to Vela's selection this time last year, but that worked out just fine, so I see no reason to doubt MS7's selections this time around. I also prefer that he does it in the preseason, and not at the banquet, which (at least to me) always made it feel more like an award, and less about which guy(s) put in the work to earn a leadership role.

Let's face it, when MS7's predecessor messed up, he did it colossally, and everyone knew it immediately.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

My only minor concern is whether Grasso can stay healthy, which I think is important for wearing a letter (need to be an on-ice presence). Watching the Grasso-Blackburn-BvR freshman third line gave me high hopes that the three of them would skate together for all four years. Sigh.
                          Last edited by Snively65; 09-20-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            My only minor concern is whether Grasso can stay healthy, which I think is important for wearing a letter (need to be an on-ice presence). Watching the Grasso-Blackburn-BvR freshman third line gave me high hopes that the three of them would skate together for all four years. Sigh.
                            Snively, I am with you on that line. Remember thinking 4 years of this, aaah! This could be a very interesting year in HE. I do see UMass returning to the top spot. Lots of experience and solid goaltending. BC is young and gifted but we will need to see how quickly they can gel. BU lost a lot and while reloading I just not sure how quickly they will do it. UML lost their top scoring and the next level will need to step up with their scoring also. Overall I think PC took the biggest hits and this could be a tough year for them and I see them falling out of the top 4. As for us, good in goal, solid on the blue line with 3/4 guys that could crack the 12/15 goal mark.
                            If guys step up, a possible 4 spot and if they don't as far down as 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                              Snively, I am with you on that line. Remember thinking 4 years of this, aaah! This could be a very interesting year in HE. I do see UMass returning to the top spot. Lots of experience and solid goaltending. BC is young and gifted but we will need to see how quickly they can gel. BU lost a lot and while reloading I just not sure how quickly they will do it. UML lost their top scoring and the next level will need to step up with their scoring also. Overall I think PC took the biggest hits and this could be a tough year for them and I see them falling out of the top 4. As for us, good in goal, solid on the blue line with 3/4 guys that could crack the 12/15 goal mark.
                              If guys step up, a possible 4 spot and if they don't as far down as 7.
                              I like your optimism, ATW. I posted earlier that 6th would be nice, but 4th? Will need to tighten up our PP for that, I think. No more giving up SHG's. No names, but you know who I mean. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Ah sigh...yes, the best laid plans! But, not meant to be so it's the next man up. Would love to see Patrick G have a big season. I think it was a great move to go with 2 underclassmen wearing the A...been awhile since we've seen this. Trying to think if I have been a fan long enough for that to happen. I'm not that worried about if one isn't on the ice or not.

The player I think we will see do something big this season, and, it all depends on other factors too...is Joe Sacco. Also looking for Eric MacAdams to pot some goals, and, thinking we'll see him in the PP line up. At any rate, looking forward to seeing what we've got...just a couple o Sundays left!!!!
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X