Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Pots to Anaheim
    Two-way, one year deal. Good chance at making the big club, as Anaheim was the lowest scoring team in the NHL last season, and just hired a new coach fresh out of the AHL himself. AP may never get a better chance. They're looking for scoring, and he should be able to at least provide that to a degree, while Anaheim figures out if they can develop other parts of his game. Ducks are woefully short of pop on right wing, and they could also use a 3rd line center.

Hopefully he can make the best of the opportunity.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Sorry to be so slow cranking out the Cats PWRA (Pairwise Ranking Advantage) for OOC games this coming season, but UNH is a +3.1 if we play Princeton and a +3.7 if we play Colgate in Belfast, based on final PWR data from the end of last season. :-)

Comment

Took the plunge...going to Ireland! Doing it on our own; just got the same hotel for much cheaper than tour price. Will miss out on some of the planned things but, this worked better for us! Kind of a long way to go to an 'away' game but, what the heck! Who else is going??
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Took the plunge...going to Ireland! Doing it on our own; just got the same hotel for much cheaper than tour price. Will miss out on some of the planned things but, this worked better for us! Kind of a long way to go to an 'away' game but, what the heck! Who else is going??
          Congrats! I will be in Ireland at the end of this month, so I may go to Orono instead, as I have not been up there since Ty Rone pitched two tie games. :-)
          Last edited by Snively65; 07-07-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Hey Scott (or anyone else!) are you going to the STH barbeque gig this Tuesday? Am on the fence...
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Hey Scott (or anyone else!) are you going to the STH barbeque gig this Tuesday? Am on the fence...
              Perhaps the full schedule will be leaked on Tuesday night?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Perhaps the full schedule will be leaked on Tuesday night?
                Wink
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Yes, we will be there!
                  UNH

Comment

Leaks! We want leaks!!

Comment

I missed the info on the BBQ, unfortunately I now have plans tonight. Info slipping through the cracks with too much going on.
                      GO WILDCATS! 2002 & 2003 Hockey East Reg. Season & Tourney Champions.

Comment

I haven't been on the boards much in the last few months. Can anyone fill in the gaps with what happened to incoming, Marek Wazny, Center from Frisco, Texas and I thought there was at least one other coming in that is not listed.
                        GO WILDCATS! 2002 & 2003 Hockey East Reg. Season & Tourney Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Leaks! We want leaks!!
                          No need to leak anything! Schedule is up on the UNH website: https://unhwildcats.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

No home game with Maine this season. Souza talked about this at the barbecue tonight, absolutely nothing to do with UNH, Hockey East does all of the scheduling. They tried to petition the league to get a home game, but to no avail; an unfortuante glitch with an 11-team conference.

One home game in October (exhibition) against Guelph, then they're on the road for the rest of the month...first official home game is 11/1 vs BC.
                          Last edited by Scott; 07-09-2019, 08:13 PM.
                          UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Cookin4Fun View Post
                            I haven't been on the boards much in the last few months. Can anyone fill in the gaps with what happened to incoming, Marek Wazny, Center from Frisco, Texas and I thought there was at least one other coming in that is not listed.
                            Hey there! I think most of not all of the new players were there tonight but isn’t Wazny a year or two away? Would have to check Mike’s blog. Our newest skater from across the pond was there Kaille Ericksson along with Lucas Herrmann, Robby Griffin, Nolan Mclhaney and Chase Stevenson. Each player said a few words. Most of the team was there except
                            for a couple of players...Thought the vibe was good; they seem excited for the season.

And of course the “elusive” schedule was distributed most of which we have already seen. Looking forward to going to West Point late Dec and to see Bently’s new arena. You know Michigan is coming to town for two and there will be an exhibition game this season. Meant to ask when the schedule would be made public...maybe Scott knows?
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cookin4Fun View Post
                              Listed on Mike's blog as coming in next year, 2020-21
                              UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                No need to leak anything! Schedule is up on the UNH website: https://unhwildcats.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

No home game with Maine this season. Souza talked about this at the barbecue tonight, absolutely nothing to do with UNH, Hockey East does all of the scheduling. They tried to petition the league to get a home game, but to no avail; an unfortuante glitch with an 11-team conference.

One home game in October (exhibition) against Guelph, then they're on the road for the rest of the month...first official home game is 11/1 vs BC.
                                Good to see the full schedule. Lots of Saturday games in Durham, which I like, as difficult for me to attend Friday home games.

I think that Maine and UVM games have been paired as home or away for several years now to cut down on excessive travel, which makes sense to me. Example, UVM visits the Whitt for two this season, to balance the two games in Orono. And, we do not play either Maine or UVM three times, FWIIW.

And, a return to goon hockey game for opener this season.
                                Last edited by Snively65; 07-10-2019, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X