Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    Sorry comparing NHL draft picks via conference is foolish as a comparison. Sure CC and Miami play big games and lose and what? CC will always follow Denver or fold. What did Miami get out of the NCHC? Nothing. Same can be said for Omaha. You really feel the mavs can do better than 4th in the NCHC yet can't get out of their own way entering a tourney? There's a reason they are called fans for fanatic. Rose colored glasses.
    Is comparing NHL draft picks via conference a foolish comparison because it disproves your point? Seriously, it's absolutely ludicrous to think the NCHC isn't getting better recruits than other leagues. To just ignore the reality of that because it doesn't fit your narrative is stunning.

Could we finish 4th or better? Coach Hastings coached one year in the old WCHA. We tied for 4th in the 12 team league. Also, every hockey genius on these boards was mocking SCSU, "the girl who only got asked out after other girls said no" and how they would finish last in the NCHC. I think we'd be competitive. There would be more down years than we've have recently, but the up years would have a lot higher potential as well.

Comment

I went up to Grand Rapids and watched a little of the US National U16 and U18 championship tournaments today. Lot of coaches and assistant coaches there scouting. I saw Damon and Zack there; Mike may have been there also but I didn't see him (they're using 3 ice sheets in 2 venues so I could have missed him). Also saw Joe Shawhan and Andy Murray there among coaches I recognized. A fun event and it was free.
      Last edited by Bill; 04-05-2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I am going with U of Mass to win it all this year. Nice to see a new team in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          I am going with U of Mass to win it all this year. Nice to see a new team in the finals.
          I am rooting for UMass but I think Denver will win it all.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Former Laker goalie Kevin Murdock named Head Coach of Kenai River of NAHL http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=26748

Comment

I see attendance was up 500 people a game this season for the lakers and school officials quite happy with that . You win,they come .

Comment

Next year WCHA officials will be officiating all home games for Arizona . Looks as if the WCHA may be making a play for Arizona . The Alaska teams believe they will still be playing next year as well.

Comment

Next year WCHA officials will be officiating all home games for Arizona . Looks as if the WCHA may be making a play for Arizona . The Alaska teams believe they will still be playing next year as well.
                  I don't think the WCHA is a good fit for Arizona State. The Big Ten or NCHC make more sense. If Arizona State were to join the WCHA, I think it would be only a temporary home for them and it would require them to heavily subsidize travel for the other WCHA teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    I don't think the WCHA is a good fit for Arizona State. The Big Ten or NCHC make more sense. If Arizona State were to join the WCHA, I think it would be only a temporary home for them and it would require them to heavily subsidize travel for the other WCHA teams.
                    Unless the Alaska teams fold I don't think most WCHA teams want to take on even more long travel.

Comment

In a NAHL playoff game tonight, the Northeast Generals beat the Johnstown Tomahawks 4-3. For the Generals, Louis Boudon had all 4 goals.

Comment

Diego Cuglietta is officially the goal scoring champion of D1 college hockey with 25 goals. I believe he's the first Laker since Mark Vermette in 1987-88 to lead college hockey in goals.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          Unless the Alaska teams fold I don't think most WCHA teams want to take on even more long travel.
                          It’s not really as bad as you might think. For instance for Minnesota St or Bemidji, the flight to Phoenix would be far shorter than their trips to the Soo. For NMU, it would be less than the trip to Mankato or BG.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

When will Boudon be joining the Lakers ?

Comment

When will Boudon be joining the Lakers ?
                              Next season. From his stats, he appears to be more of a set up guy. He has a lot more assists than goals, but he obviously has the ability to put the puck in the net also.

Comment

Congratulations to Jacob Norquist for winning WCHA Rookie of the Month for March.

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/201...-the-month.php
                                Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 04-18-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X