LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

I don’t mind Hastings over Whitten, but the WCHA should really be doing more for our conference nationally to help promote its players. Leaving Diego out of the top 10 is a travesty. A senior who turned around a program and had a hell of a year deserves that honor.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
      I don’t mind Hastings over Whitten, but the WCHA should really be doing more for our conference nationally to help promote its players. Leaving Diego out of the top 10 is a travesty. A senior who turned around a program and had a hell of a year deserves that honor.
      Stunning how the voters ignored goals. 8 guys with 20+ goals, led by Cuglietta, and not one made the Hobey finals? Perhaps I misunderstand the game, but I was led to believe goals were pretty important.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        Damon is sick (flu or cold?). Mike York did the Laker Hockey Show on Tuesday evening with Bill Crawford in place of Damon. Bill C said there would probably be no Laker Hockey Talk this week due to Damon's illness. They normally record LHT on Wednesday and play it Thursday morning.
        Thanks for letting me know. I was unaware of the situation as I wasn't able to listen to this week's Laker Hockey Show.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          Thanks for letting me know. I was unaware of the situation as I wasn't able to listen to this week's Laker Hockey Show.
          I think they are done with LHS and LHT for this season. I assume they will have (monthly) off-season LHT shows starting up in May like they have done the past couple of years. Seems like it was about the middle of May when they started up the LHT last year.

Tuesday's LHS was mainly a recap of the Minnesota State series and some discussion of incoming and returning players. Also a mention of Cuglietta signing an ATO with the Texas Stars.

Comment

Anthony Nellis and Gage Torrel have signed with the Fort Wayne Komets. Steven Ruggiero has signed an ATO with the San Diego Gulls.

Comment

Diego Cuglietta still has the goal scoring lead heading to the NCAA tournament.

Bowling Green will make it's first NCAA tournament appearance since in 29 years. Hopefully the Lakers can end their drought soon which will be 24 years next season.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I wonder how many and who will be brought in next season .

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  Diego Cuglietta still has the goal scoring lead heading to the NCAA tournament.

Bowling Green will make it's first NCAA tournament appearance since in 29 years. Hopefully the Lakers can end their drought soon which will be 24 years next season.
                  I decided to go back and change the game results to see how close we actually were to making it. If you take 3 games I think we probably should have won -- 11/9 vs Alaska, 1/12 vs Huntsville, and 3/2 vs Ferris -- and change those to wins, we finish #16. We would have been the first team out of the tourney. That would have been tough to take.

(Although that said we would have a better seed in the WCHA tourney and that could have had some impact.)

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    I wonder how many and who will be brought in next season .
                    As it stands now, these are the guys who are supposed to come in next season.

Forwards: Robert Blueger (Madison - USHL), Niko Esposito-Selivanov (Cowichan Valley - BCHL), Louis Boudon (Northeast - NAHL) and Dustin Manz (Prince George - BCHL)

Defense: Arvid Henrikson (Austin - NAHL)

Goal: Seth Eisele (Lone Star - NAHL)

If any current player(s) decide to leave early, it would likely mean additional player(s) would come in.

Comment

I don’t usually like to take joy in other’s misery but I’ll make an exception today. Minnesota State now knows how it feels to lose an important game because a review gives them a major penalty that leads to multiple goals being scored against them. Karma.

Comment

Congratulations to Anthony Nellis on his 1st and 2nd goals last night.

Comment

I don’t usually like to take joy in other’s misery but I’ll make an exception today. Minnesota State now knows how it feels to lose an important game because a review gives them a major penalty that leads to multiple goals being scored against them. Karma.
                          Stupid penalty by Mackey. He definitely elbowed the Providence guy in the head. It didn't look all that bad and the Providence guy probably embellished it a bit, but I would have been extremely surprised if the review didn't result in a major. Since the refs didn't call a penalty initially, they couldn't call a minor penalty based upon the review, only a major. Very seldom in recent years has a review not resulted in a major, whether an initial penalty was called or not.

Comment

Really? Karma? Because MSU called the penalty on LSSU. Hastings gave the ref a nod and that's all it took for us to get that major. We got what we deserved today. Ref called it correct.
                            All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by SectionP View Post
                              Congratulations to Anthony Nellis on his 1st and 2nd goals last night.
                              Yep, and he was +3 overall for the game.

Comment

I would have liked to see Minnesota State win. They played well enough the first period, but they didn't look very sharp the last two periods. They may not have won even if Mackey didn't take the major penalty, but that penalty cost them big time.

Comment

Working...
                                X