Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Was there anything interesting or new said on the Laker Hockey Talk yesterday? The podcast still hasn't heen posted yet.
    I don't know. I was away from home and unable to listen to the show. I'm waiting for the podcast also.

Comment

Former Laker D-man Derek A Smith has been named head coach of the Wellington Dukes of the OJHL.

Comment

The podcast of the Laker Hockey Talk show has been posted.

A couple of things of note. Melvin Karlsson is not returning to the Lakers; he's going back to Sweden. No mention of filling behind him for this coming season. The Lakers have a new volunteer assistant coach, Mike Gugin.

Damon didn't have much to say about the realignment. He did say he thought more information would be coming out fairly soon.

Comment

Damon failed to mention that 24 of his 66 (36%) career wins have come against Huntsville, Fairbanks and Anchorage.

Lakers would have had a pretty average 16-12 record without those 3 teams in the league last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
            Damon failed to mention that 24 of his 66 (36%) career wins have come against Huntsville, Fairbanks and Anchorage.

Lakers would have had a pretty average 16-12 record without those 3 teams in the league last year.
            ????????????????

He wasn't asked anything on the show about his career coaching record so how did he "fail to mention" some details about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              ????????????????

He wasn't asked anything on the show about his career coaching record so how did he "fail to mention" some details about it?
              He needs to stop bragging about how great of a season it was when he piled up 12+ wins against bottom 10 teams in college hockey.

Of the 23 wins last year, to many where against bad teams or teams that had a down year for me to truly believe this thing is heading in the right direction.

Comment

Anyone know how Owen Headrick is doing these days and where he will play this coming season?
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I know of last season he was playing out east in one of the Canadian Universities . A woman that cuts my hair ,her son was his room mate on the hockey team . But I cannot remember if it was in Newfoundland or Nova Scotia .

Comment

He needs to stop bragging about how great of a season it was when he piled up 12+ wins against bottom 10 teams in college hockey.

Of the 23 wins last year, to many where against bad teams or teams that had a down year for me to truly believe this thing is heading in the right direction.
                    It's not like the Lakers are the only ones to play those three teams. I am sure the top teams in the league have even a better record against them that help their win loss total as well.

Comment

Maybe I missed it but I don't remember him saying anything on the show about how great of a season the Lakers had.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                        I know of last season he was playing out east in one of the Canadian Universities . A woman that cuts my hair ,her son was his room mate on the hockey team . But I cannot remember if it was in Newfoundland or Nova Scotia .
                        He played Canadian University hockey out east at Prince Edward Island last season. Not sure if he'll be playing anywhere this coming season. If he does, my guess would be either the ECHL or over in Europe, or maybe back at PEI.

Comment

• Sounds like Owen has had struggles since he left the Lakers.

Comment

It sounds like we won't know until September whether the Alaska teams will play this coming season or not. The Lakers only six games in January (excluding the U.S U18 exhibition game) are against the Alaska schools. If they both fold, I don't know how the league officials
                            reshuffle the schedule so the Lakers don't go without playing a single league game in January.
                            Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 07-25-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                              It sounds like we won't know until September whether the Alaska teams will play this coming season or not. The Lakers only six games in January (excluding the U.S U18 exhibition game) are against the Alaska schools. If they both fold, I don't know how the league officials
                              reshuffle the schedule so the Lakers don't go without playing a single league game in January.
                              Northern plays an Alaska team 2 of those 3 weekends. A series with them non-conference could probably be an option.

Comment

23 wins for any program is a great season, regardless of who they play. He deserves to be excited about that and so do all of us. Frankly, they could have lost half of those games in prior seasons and finished with 10-15 wins. I don't know what this next season will bring or how it will go, but last season was fun and exciting (we won the GLI!) and it deserves to be celebrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X