Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

I see that the February 15, 2020 game against UAH will be at GFL Memorial Gardens in Soo, Ontario. Game time at the moment is still 7:07pm.

https://lssulakerstickets.university...x?PageNumber=3
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 09-06-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I see that the February 15, 2020 game against UAH will be at GFL Memorial Gardens in Soo, Ontario. Game time at the moment is still 7:07pm.

https://lssulakerstickets.university...x?PageNumber=3
    Well, that sucks. As long time season ticket holders, we have no interest in paying to cross the bridge and dealing with the back ups.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionP View Post
    Well, that sucks. As long time season ticket holders, we have no interest in paying to cross the bridge and dealing with the back ups.
    I'm a season ticket holder too, and this is a bit disappointing. I mean, I can understand why - trying to get more Canadians over here watching the product, but I think this should've been something that was announced ahead of time, or at least sent out when we renewed our tickets.

Now, as long as they provide the ticket in our package, I won't be as upset. And it looks like that weekend I'm not on call, so I can actually go to the game. Maybe they'll provide transportation for season ticket holders? That would at least reduce some of the bridge traffic.
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game

Quote Originally Posted by Deman View Post
    I'm a season ticket holder too, and this is a bit disappointing. I mean, I can understand why - trying to get more Canadians over here watching the product, but I think this should've been something that was announced ahead of time, or at least sent out when we renewed our tickets.

Now, as long as they provide the ticket in our package, I won't be as upset. And it looks like that weekend I'm not on call, so I can actually go to the game. Maybe they'll provide transportation for season ticket holders? That would at least reduce some of the bridge traffic.
    Not being familiar with the Soo, I don't know the bridge fare, traffic levels or distance to the Canadian rink, but from the outside it doesn't seem like a lot to ask of fans for one game in the interest of growing support for the program.

There's probably a lot I'm missing, but I'd like to know more about it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Not being familiar with the Soo, I don't know the bridge fare, traffic levels or distance to the Canadian rink, but from the outside it doesn't seem like a lot to ask of fans for one game in the interest of growing support for the program.

There's probably a lot I'm missing, but I'd like to know more about it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It's $4 either way, so an extra $8 to go to the game. Canadian customs usually only has 2 lanes open despite the line going half way back on the bridge. The US side is a bit better, but just slow. Like, I've easily sat at Canadian customs for 30-45 minutes on off-weekend hours before. About the same for the US side, sometimes longer.

The distance isn't bad, it's just time consuming and somewhat costly. Plus, not everyone has an enhanced license or passport.
    Last edited by Deman; 09-06-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Coach Emeritus

The distance isn't bad, it's just time consuming and somewhat costly. Plus, not everyone has an enhanced license or passport.
    Maybe the Chargers don't all have the proper documents, and this is a way to leave them shorthanded without the players who can't cross?

Personally, I think this is just another attempt to shake off the Saturday night blues from last season that the Lakers endured.

Still upright

It's $4 either way, so an extra $8 to go to the game. Canadian customs usually only has 2 lanes open despite the line going half way back on the bridge. The US side is a bit better, but just slow. Like, I've easily sat at Canadian customs for 30-45 minutes on off-weekend hours before. About the same for the US side, sometimes longer.

Better be careful because this could be construed as quibbling!
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Maybe the Chargers don't all have the proper documents, and this is a way to leave them shorthanded without the players who can't cross?
    Shut up, Racki.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

I think think a good idea and worth trying to experiment. I do worry about a big line-up at the customs on the Canadian side for fans coming over especially that time of day on a Saturday.

Let me get this straight. Fans will drive hundreds of miles to see the Lakers play away games but being asked to drive across the bridge is asking too much of them. I think it is a good idea and sounds fun .

Good points sm2pk. I agree with an earlier post that it should of been announced earlier but I think they had to hold off on it because of the possibility of the schedule changing if the Alaska teams folded.
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 09-06-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Good points sm2pk. I agree with an earlier post that it should of been announced earlier but I think they had to hold off on it because of the possibility of the schedule changing if the Alaska teams folded.
    Biggest concern for me as an out of town fan is hoping video feed works that night.

Quote Originally Posted by sm2pk View Post
    Let me get this straight. Fans will drive hundreds of miles to see the Lakers play away games but being asked to drive across the bridge is asking too much of them. I think it is a good idea and sounds fun .
    A Venn diagram of the union of the people who travel to Huntsville to see the Lakers play the Chargers and those who'll complain about having to go across the bridge is probably 0.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

It is going to be interesting to see where the lakers are picked to finished this season. I say anywhere from 4th to 6th . Eposito is going to have some pressure with a name like that . We are going to be in Europe and so we will miss the first two weekends of play.
    Last edited by sm2pk; 09-09-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Eight non-conference games right out the gate . Six of the eight are going to be the toughest games they most likely will have to play all season . I would hate to see Borek come in and sweep the Lakers .That would really suck .

Is this month's off-season Laker Hockey Talk this Thursday or the Thursday after?

Veteran

Is this month's off-season Laker Hockey Talk this Thursday or the Thursday after?
    This Thursday.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sm2pk View Post
    Eight non-conference games right out the gate . Six of the eight are going to be the toughest games they most likely will have to play all season . I would hate to see Borek come in and sweep the Lakers .That would really suck .
    Merrimack will be a very young team. They have a ton of freshman. Hard to know what to expect from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Merrimack will be a very young team. They have a ton of freshman. Hard to know what to expect from them.
    Probably lot of losing for them. Borek is probably in a similar rebuild Whitten was at this point in his second year.

Veteran

A few things from LHT:

Coaches will start looking at line pairings next week.

Captains should be announced next week, or the week after at the latest.

With this being the last season for Saccoman and Anderson, they are looking to recruit a right handed D-man for the 2020-21 season.

Lots of recruiting trips this time of the year. Damon and Zach have both been out a couple of times already and Mike has a couple of trips coming up. All three will attending some of the Junior Showcases over the next few weeks.

Nate Williams, the strength and conditioning coach, was just hired away by the Vancouver Canucks for their minor league system so they need to find a replacement in the next few weeks.
    Last edited by Bill; 09-12-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Thread Information