Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82

Thread: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries Again

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,750

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Thought it would be a Carpenter

    @USCHO: Boston College graduate Anastos named assistant coach with women’s program https://www.uscho.com/2019/05/28/bos...omens-program/

  2. #62
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,722

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Best captain we've ever had. This is really good for us.

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    32

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Thought it would be a Carpenter

    @USCHO: Boston College graduate Anastos named assistant coach with women’s program https://www.uscho.com/2019/05/28/bos...omens-program/
    She's the best. BC made a great choice.

  4. #64
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,722

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A


  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,753

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Great story once again Grant. Thanks.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    And of 2 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray and Loren Gabel
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    26

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Great Interview and Insight. Impressive young lady with an incredible amount of insight and understanding. Will have a bright future in coaching. Well done Grant!

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,182

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    With expectations being relatively low for BC, who knows this just might be their year. Stranger things have happened!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  8. #68
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,722

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Thanks! I'm excited to have her back, especially seeing as how we have not won ANYTHING since she graduated.

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rosemount, MN
    Posts
    2,811

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    "As you’ve seen through bc Hockey, we’ve had the best players in the world on teams and not come away with that one trophy that we’ve always been looking for."

    Maybe those really good players they have should be encouraged to think a little less highly of themselves and play hard on both ends of the rink.
    "The decline of western civilization can be traced directly to bands no longer having horn sections. I'm pretty sure that's science."

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rosemount, MN
    Posts
    2,811

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Some Prog Rock to ask what bc supporters have to be wondering...

    Does It Really Happen?

    And right back to the Prog Rock to potentially give hope...

    Yours Is No Disgrace.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 06-11-2019 at 11:09 PM.
    "The decline of western civilization can be traced directly to bands no longer having horn sections. I'm pretty sure that's science."

  11. #71
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,922

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    "As you’ve seen through bc Hockey, we’ve had the best players in the world on teams and not come away with that one trophy that we’ve always been looking for."

    Maybe those really good players they have should be encouraged to think a little less highly of themselves and play hard on both ends of the rink.
    No no no, everything's ok, it's working out great.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  12. #72
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,922

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Bawstin Hawkey takes another one on the chin last night. I thought for sure they were going to win.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Bawstin Hawkey takes another one on the chin last night. I thought for sure they were going to win.
    Bruins didn't have any Golden Knights in the organization.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,312

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Bruins didn't have any Golden Knights in the organization.
    neither do the Blues
    I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong, but the only two Golden Knights in the NHL (according to my interdweeb gOOgle) play for Ottawa. LOL

    Ottawa for gawds sake

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Way up north
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    neither do the Blues
    I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong, but the only two Golden Knights in the NHL (according to my interdweeb gOOgle) play for Ottawa. LOL

    Ottawa for gawds sake
    From Clarksons website:

    “Four former Clarkson Hockey players now serve in the front office of NHL teams. The Knights' all-time leading scorer, Dave Taylor '77 enters his fourth season with the St. Louis Blues acting as Vice President of Hockey Operations....”

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,312

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Quote Originally Posted by gotanytape View Post
    From Clarksons website:

    “Four former Clarkson Hockey players now serve in the front office of NHL teams. The Knights' all-time leading scorer, Dave Taylor '77 enters his fourth season with the St. Louis Blues acting as Vice President of Hockey Operations....”
    I guess I was referring to players, I'm sure there's even more former Clarkson alum's in the NHL if you include janitors, peanut salesmen, Zamboni operators, ...

  17. #77

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,750

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Grant

    You got a good recruit in Grace Campbell (G-SSM). She played the 18-19 season for Walter Johnson HS as as a freshman was voted 1st team all (public school) state down here in MD.

    After two years in Newton, she'll transfer to Clarkson...

  18. #78
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,722

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    I'm glad these early commitments are stopping just so I can stop feeling bad about how old I'll be when these players graduate lol

  19. #79
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    21,710

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I'm glad these early commitments are stopping just so I can stop feeling bad about how old I'll be when these players graduate lol
    Consider yourself fortunate. Some of us try to estimate the odds on whether or not we'll live long enough to see these commits play for their college teams.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  20. #80
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,722

    Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    Consider yourself fortunate. Some of us try to estimate the odds on whether or not we'll live long enough to see these commits play for their college teams.
    Wow ARM that's DARK alol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •