Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries Again

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    I think that the way the hockey gods work, BC will now win the crown.
    It would be really karmic if they won the NC in a match-up against the BADgers...
    "The decline of western civilization can be traced directly to bands no longer having horn sections. I'm pretty sure that's science."

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    It would be really karmic if they won the NC in a match-up against the BADgers...
    I had the exact same thought earlier today, but I chose not to post because it's unrealistic. It's a given that the last game of the 2019-20 season will surely involve the Gophers.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    I had the exact same thought earlier today, but I chose not to post because it's unrealistic. It's a given that the last game of the 2019-20 season will surely involve the Gophers.
    Maybe they could some type of participation trophy for the tournament in Nashville later this month with the BADgers and Gophers...
    "The decline of western civilization can be traced directly to bands no longer having horn sections. I'm pretty sure that's science."

This was such a pleasant and UNEXPECTED (to me, anyway) win: https://www.bcinterruption.com/2019/...ty-bu-terriers
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Senior Writer, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    This was such a pleasant and UNEXPECTED (to me, anyway) win: https://www.bcinterruption.com/2019/...ty-bu-terriers
    bc did a nice job in the second period of killing off BU's 5 on 3 power play and keeping the score 2-1 for BU. They used that momentum to take the lead in the 3rd period and took it home from there.

BTW, it's pretty nice that the streams of game's like last night's are free from CBS sports.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 11-16-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Crickets

Quote Originally Posted by MrOpinion View Post
    Crickets
    Is the reason you aren't trolling the Clarkson thread because it doesn't exist?

Fantastic oral history on the origins of BC's women's team: https://www.bc.edu/content/bc-web/bc...ower-play.html

Fantastic oral history on the origins of BC's women's team: https://www.bc.edu/content/bc-web/bc...ower-play.html
    Enjoyed reading that...Thanks for sharing it.

This is priceless. As a father of club-to-varsity rugby and zero-to-varsity hockey daughters I can't tell you how much this resonates with me. The photo of Gottlieb scoring says it all and should hang next to that of #4 in mid-air!

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    This is priceless. As a father of club-to-varsity rugby and zero-to-varsity hockey daughters I can't tell you how much this resonates with me. The photo of Gottlieb scoring says it all and should hang next to that of #4 in mid-air!
    I agree. Priceless! Pretty cool there is mother daughter pair of BC Eagles hockey players

This was tremendous. Thanks!

BC: the original Fighting Nurses.

Here's a weekend SMASHVILLE preview featuring BC, Harvard, Minnesota, and Wisconsin: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ckey-nashville
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Senior Writer, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Here's a weekend SMASHVILLE preview featuring BC, Harvard, Minnesota, and Wisconsin: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ckey-nashville
    Great article, Grant, but I was thinking you might have included this in your preview of the BC/MN game:

"Last time against Boston College – The Gophers and Eagles last met in the in the 2016 NCAA Championship Game in Durham, NH, with B.C. coming into the contest with an unblemished 40-0 record. However, Sarah Potomak lit the lamp just 13 seconds into the contest, Amanda Kessel doubled the Gopher lead in the third period, and Kelly Pannek added an insurance goal. Makenna Newkirk scored for the Eagles with 5:53 remaining, but Amanda Leveille made 32 saves to earn the 3-1 upset victory and Minnesota's 7th national title."

Weird that's not ringing a bell for me

That is so admirable! Sometimes it's very healthy to forget the past and just move on.

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

I could remind you, but in the spirit of the holidays, I'll point you to something kinder:
    https://www.collegehockeystats.net/1...s/wbc_min1.m12
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by MrOpinion View Post
    Crickets
    Grant? hear those crickets?

Could someone explain time why BC lists Cayla Barnes as a defenseman?

Quote Originally Posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    Could someone explain time why BC lists Cayla Barnes as a defenseman?
    Bobby Orr modeled his game after Cayla Barnes

Thread Information