Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    984

    UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

    Aside from watching the Whitecaps-Riveters game today, I caught most of the UNH-BU game as well (some of St. Lawrence, and UConn)....this yearís team is very tenacious! They react well to a given situation as a team, and are quick to the puck....Iím not a statistician but I believe this is the first 4 point weekend this early in the season in a while! Something that in my mind has always come into play the last 2 weekends of the last 3 seasons.....those were crucial points then, weíll see about this edition! Iím intrigued.....👍 Go Wildcats!
    Is it me or is there a larger gap now between college and pro women hockey players? Watching the SDHL or PWHPA players level of play is phenomenal! Just asking......
    Which brings me to the level of officiating at the college level.....***? Contact is not checking! A fall is not always a trip or interference! Let the athletes play hockey!! IMHO. 😉

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    316

    Re: UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

    UNH clubs Providence after Providence knocked off Northeastern. Parity. Lauren Martin, the former Cambridge player, had two goals, I see. Kudos to her.
    Last edited by Reddington; 10-27-2019 at 01:27 PM.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    984

    Re: UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

    UNH was as exceptional against Providence, as they were uninspiring vs Maine! From what Iíve seen, there are some real reasons to be excited this early in the season....the main case is that UNH is picking up the points that were lost the past few years....Ava is playing as strong as she did before her injury.....early on, the lines look pretty good and playing well together.....all of these can be rationalizations but letís be positive for a change! I hope the Wildcats play with patience vs BC yet with the same spunk they attacked the Friars....I do think they can be compatible!

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    8

    Re: UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

    Hillary Witt will have this team at yet another .500 season. It's her coaching "batting average" and it looks like UNH is OK with paying her a pile of money to drive up from the Boston suburbs and have a .500 team. Check her stats.....500 everywhere she's coached. Grinds out 2 lines of players typically the same ones regardless of results--zero accountability. Assistant coaches are the same....one is just riding it out until retirement the other has been there for ever since being a player......Fractured play that is hard to watch, no creativity, no offensive zone puck possession, constant turn overs for no reason and the same players getting the same penalties game in and game out. If you think 47 perimeter shots from anywhere and garbage goals are fun then its the team to watch! They are lucky they have a good goalie to keep them in games.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by epic powder View Post
    Hillary Witt will have this team at yet another .500 season. It's her coaching "batting average" and it looks like UNH is OK with paying her a pile of money to drive up from the Boston suburbs and have a .500 team. Check her stats.....500 everywhere she's coached. Grinds out 2 lines of players typically the same ones regardless of results--zero accountability. Assistant coaches are the same....one is just riding it out until retirement the other has been there for ever since being a player......Fractured play that is hard to watch, no creativity, no offensive zone puck possession, constant turn overs for no reason and the same players getting the same penalties game in and game out. If you think 47 perimeter shots from anywhere and garbage goals are fun then its the team to watch! They are lucky they have a good goalie to keep them in games.
    It sounds like a very Canadian assessment?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    8

    Re: UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

    1 goal by a forward in 6 periods. Brutal

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by epic powder View Post
    1 goal by a forward in 6 periods. Brutal
    Knew it was only a matter of time Rickwood started producing pts.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
    Knew it was only a matter of time Rickwood started producing pts.
    She should score she plays 70% of the minutes. Maybe she should play forward since they canít score.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by epic powder View Post
    She should score she plays 70% of the minutes. Maybe she should play forward since they canít score.
    Love it - just know two cdn players on UNH and I check to see how they are doing. I'll leave solving the UNH puzzle to you.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    8

    Re: UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

    Come on UNH coaches...right back to .500. I think you have lost your players...they are not following the dictatorship. Throw out the cream puff Franklin pierce game and you are 5-6. Not even .500.....canít score canít win. Have to develop players. They are all yours. You picked them. You are supposed to inspire and lead not browbeat. You do get paid for this......your favorite forwards have only 2 goals in 3 games.....whatís the plan?? This is not minor hockey.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •