Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Penn State Nittany Lions

Re: 2019-20 Penn State Nittany Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    MJ said in the presser that it will be good to have tape on an opponent this week in regards to special teams. UW's special teams struggled last week without tape on Lindenwood, going 80% on the PK and 50% on the PP.
    Penn State is 66% on the penalty kill and 40% on the power play. They definitely need to be disciplined and stay out of the penalty box this weekend.

Here's a picture of the players at the airport, waiting to fly to Wisconsin: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EF-Tw_cW...name=4096x4096

Notice in the rear-left corner, Jenna Brenneman with a Penn State cap on. There is a pair of crutches behind her, so I'm guessing we won't see her playing this weekend. And here's the Penn State pregame review: https://gopsusports.com/news/2019/10...irst-time.aspx

Good observation Detective Zed!

Here's a really quick Instagram video clip of the team boarding the plane, and Brenneman is crutched up, so the crutches weren't just photo props. Chantal Burke is going to get those pads good and dirty this weekend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3KmYsXgGqL/

Tomorrow's game is being streamed on BTN+, and Penn State says Saturday's game is, too, but there's nothing on the BTN+ schedule for Saturday yet. I think it's a great deal - $14.95 for a one month subscription, and that should mean quite a lot of hockey to watch from a lot of teams. Penn State's games at home next weekend against RPI are on BTN+, too.

https://www.btnplus.com/schedule?day=2019-10-04&sid=WHO

Nittany Lions look to upset the Badgers and pick up their first win of the young season. Jeff Kampersal needs to ensure that his team will try to avoid a mistake on this match if they want to stop their opponents from creating a score.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Tomorrow's game is being streamed on BTN+, and Penn State says Saturday's game is, too, but there's nothing on the BTN+ schedule for Saturday yet. I think it's a great deal - $14.95 for a one month subscription, and that should mean quite a lot of hockey to watch from a lot of teams. Penn State's games at home next weekend against RPI are on BTN+, too.

https://www.btnplus.com/schedule?day=2019-10-04&sid=WHO
    The UW web site says Friday is on Fox Sports Wisconsin (the regional Fox Sports outlet - regular season Milwaukee Brewer game, Milwaukee Bucks games, etc); that is, a regular cable channel, not just an internet stream. The 'program guide' on my cable box also shows that. So if your cable package has good regional sports options...

And that the Saturday game is a BTNPlus stream.

(Just today, I was texting with my sister to tell her how she could use my cable account to stream Saturday's UW volleyball at Nebraska - nobody tell Spectrum - and it involved the BTN app redirecting me to a FoxSportsGo app, and then to a different Fox Sports app. So maybe be prepared for a bit of an ordeal. And speaking of UW volleyball.... :-) )

Link for Saturday - near the bottom:
    https://www.btnplus.com/schedule?day=2019-10-05
    Last edited by robertearle; 10-03-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    The UW web site says Friday is on Fox Sports Wisconsin (the regional Fox Sports outlet - regular season Milwaukee Brewer game, Milwaukee Bucks games, etc); that is, a regular cable channel, not just an internet stream. The 'program guide' on my cable box also shows that. So if your cable package has good regional sports options...

And that the Saturday game is a BTNPlus stream.

(Just today, I was texting with my sister to tell her how she could use my cable account to stream Saturday's UW volleyball at Nebraska - nobody tell Spectrum - and it involved the BTN app redirecting me to a FoxSportsGo app, and then to a different Fox Sports app. So maybe be prepared for a bit of an ordeal. And speaking of UW volleyball.... :-) )

Link for Saturday - near the bottom:
    https://www.btnplus.com/schedule?day=2019-10-05
    Thanks for those links. I don't have cable TV, so I'll be watching on BTN+, but kudos to Wisconsin for broadcasting the games on cable and having BTN+ covering them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jbuenavides View Post
    Nittany Lions look to upset the Badgers and pick up their first win of the young season. Jeff Kampersal needs to ensure that his team will try to avoid a mistake on this match if they want to stop their opponents from creating a score.
    Good luck with that.

As expected, no Jenna Brenneman in net tonight. Chantal Burke will get the second start of her career. The good news is that Loli Fidler is at least on the lineup sheet, whatever "extra skater" is supposed to mean.

Kampersal is still juggling lines, so we'll see.

Well, this isn't looking good. Wisconsin is up 3-0 after one period, leading the shots on goal 16-1, which is indicative of the flow of this game. The Badgers are 1 for 1 on the power play. Penn State hasn't gotten anything started on offense.

Chantal Burke is getting an eye opener in net. The announcers said Jenna Brenneman's injury is "season ending", so Burke will start her season in net with this game. She's made stops, but she's been scored on with some really good shots.

4-0 Wisconsin after two periods, and Wisconsin leads the shots on goal by 28-6, and are 1 for 3 on the power play. Chantal Burke looked a lot better in net in that period, and at least Penn State got into the offensive zone and got some shots on net. I know I'm reaching, but it looked better than the first period. Natalie Heising and Katie Rankin had the two best chances.

I don't even care if it ends 20-0, I love them playing on the road against a program like Wisconsin early in the season. Get them a taste of some high speed hotshot hockey and make them hungry.

4-0 Wisconsin after two periods, and Wisconsin leads the shots on goal by 28-6, and are 1 for 3 on the power play. Chantal Burke looked a lot better in net in that period, and at least Penn State got into the offensive zone and got some shots on net. I know I'm reaching, but it looked better than the first period. Natalie Heising and Katie Rankin had the two best chances.

I don't even care if it ends 20-0, I love them playing on the road against a program like Wisconsin early in the season. Get them a taste of some high speed hotshot hockey and make them hungry.

Brutal if it is true on Brenneman.

Hey, the game ended (hahaha)! The TV timeouts sure stretched this one out, or at least it felt like it. Wisconsin takes the 7-0 win.

Okay, game stuff: Wisconsin.....and then Wisconsin.....and again. Wisconsin led the shots on goal 41-9, went 2 for 4 on the power play, and got a shorthanded goal, too, just for the hell of it. Penn State did block 19 shots, and that's a positive takeaway, because they were good at it last season, and need to get a lot of that under their belts going forward into this season. Wisconsin played like they're the defending national champs and #1 in the country or something . All kidding aside, respect to Wisconsin and Mark Johnson for the program they've got going. That's one very talented team.

Chantal Burke got her goalie career going tonight, and she's going to have a lot of game video to watch. Actually, that's really the positive takeaway from this game (and after tomorrow, too): a ton of game video to watch and really study and learn from. That's why I like them playing a program like Wisconsin. There will be so much valuable game video to watch and work with.

No surprises tonight, but it doesn't really hurt, either. Penn State got a whole lot of great experience tonight, got to play in an amazing hockey environment, got to watch a national championship banner ceremony, and will take away a lot from it all. Kudos to Wisconsin - you've got a great thing going in Madison.

Tonight's lineup, with a mystery "emergency goalie" I've never heard of: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...896577/photo/1

Tonight's lineup, with a mystery "emergency goalie" I've never heard of: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...896577/photo/1
    All I can find on her is that she was on the Penn State club hockey team last season, but she's not on their roster this season. Isn't it an NCAA rule that you have to dress three goalies? That must be why she's there tonight.

After one period, Wisconsin is up 1-0 on Penn State. Penn State leads the shots on goal 13-10, thanks to two power play opportunities. Wisconsin came out hard and fast, but Chantal Burke looks much better than she did last night. Early on there were a lot of sloppy/soft passes from Penn State and just generally getting beaten to the puck and pinned in their defensive zone, but they started to settle down as the period went on.

*EDIT: Loli Fidler isn't even dressed as an "extra skater" tonight, so she must be injured. She got some ice time late in last night's game, but it looks like she might need a little more time.
    Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 10-05-2019 at 08:41 PM.

I wish they hadn't chosen this game to train a new cameraman who's never worked a hockey game before.

Thread Information