Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019-20 Penn State Nittany Lions

Re: 2019-20 Penn State Nittany Lions

Penn State, Clarkson, Minn St and Vermont in the Windjammer Classic this coming season. Times and Opponents TBD
    Last edited by vicb; 05-08-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    And of 2 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray and Loren Gabel
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwrench View Post
    The superstar will not be a backup. Dad will transfer her in a heartbeat.
    Now that is funny. by the way anyone see the camp lists for what goalies are in or out for the National camps? one of the top goalies in the Universe is not on the list.

Kelsey Crow was named to the 2018-19 NCAA Division I Google Cloud Academic All-District At-Large Team as announced by CoSIDA this afternoon.

From the article: "Crow is a three-time CHA All-Academic Team member, a two-time All-Big Ten Academic Team honoree, a two-time AHCA Academic All American, and a Big Ten Distinguished Scholar. She graduated with a 3.94 GPA with degrees in biology and psychology and will enroll in medical school at the University of Minnesota this fall."

https://gopsusports.com/news/2019/5/...ct-honors.aspx

I love seeing Penn State heading to Wisconsin the first week of October! I absolutely hate games against cupcake teams. I'd much rather see Penn State pound it out against the very best teams they can schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    I love seeing Penn State heading to Wisconsin the first week of October! I absolutely hate games against cupcake teams. I'd much rather see Penn State pound it out against the very best teams they can schedule.
    This is definitely not the path I would go in a contract year, but he is the Princeton grad and I am not. Lol.

Having Wisconsin and potentially Clarkson on the schedule is setting the bar high. Brandewene went down this path before starting with Minnesota one year.

Thankfully, Penn State has Brenneman one more year and all d are returning minus Crowe.

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    True, but I didn't claim that they were. I'm not sure that there are that many typical examples. Even some that we think from the outside are typical, aren't all that typical once you know the particulars. Schammel transferring to UM from MSU seems like it would be, but it is kind of odd when the suggestion comes from her MSU coach. Someone like Reilly may be more typical, but having spoken to the original PSU coach, I was kind of surprised that more people didn't want to transfer.
    (I'm quoting your post here so I don't get off-topic on the "2019 Transfers" thread).

I'm surprised Caitlin Reilly even showed up at Penn State, coming from such a Gopher-first family, so her going back home wasn't a huge shock. Disappointing, for sure, as she would've been a standout at Penn State had she stayed here.

As you said, though, it does seem surprising that more players didn't transfer just to get a new coach. He had fans wanting to transfer I'm sure you remember the group of players who tried to make a coaching change here, and how far that went for them. I think most (if not all) of the original players who started the Penn State D-1 program with him were drawn by the degree much more than the coach, and were willing to put up with him knowing they would leave with a Penn State degree.

Another award for Penn State graduate Kelsey Crow - this time, she's been honored with a Big Ten Outstanding Sportsmanship award.

https://bigten.org/news/2019/6/5/gen...d-winners.aspx

If you're in the area and want to go to an NHL preseason game, Penn State is again hosting the Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Sabres at Pegula Ice Arena on September 16 at 7:00 PM.

https://gopsusports.com/news/2019/6/...ey-valley.aspx

Thread Information