Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Penn State Nittany Lions

Re: 2019-20 Penn State Nittany Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
    Is that where Peterson and Bowman went?
    Yes, they came from Minnetonka. The last remaining Minnetonka player on the roster is senior Katie McMillan.

Is that where Peterson and Bowman went?
    Yes, along with Ehresmann, Crow, McMillan and probably a couple more.

Quote Originally Posted by Leather helmet View Post
    Yes, along with Ehresmann, Crow, McMillan and probably a couple more.
    That's a pipeline for sure.

Another Minnesota School placed I think Heising, Slattery, Fidler and
    Uieleen.

Someone posted on here before that Kampresal was going to get players from outside Minnesota.

As far as the current class coming in: 7 are going out.
    5 f 1 d and 1 g. I'm not sure that is working on the offense when all the spots leaving are aligned with players coming in.

McMillan second in scoring last year and first this year.

That's a pipeline for sure.

Another Minnesota School placed I think Heising, Slattery, Fidler and
    Uieleen.
    Once Minnetonka stopped winning Minnesota state high school championships, Edina took over, and that's where Slattery, Fidler, and Uihlein are from (Heising played at Wayzata High School). Uihlein as a freshman is already showing that she was a good pick. Still kind of waiting for Fidler to take off and play to her potential.

As far as the current class coming in: 7 are going out.
    5 f 1 d and 1 g. I'm not sure that is working on the offense when all the spots leaving are aligned with players coming in.
    Well, he did gain a forward (four going out, five coming in) at the cost of a defender (two defenders going out, one coming in), but from just the quick quotes from Penn State it looks like the caliber of incoming forwards is a pretty good sign of talent.

McMillan second in scoring last year and first this year.
    It's hard to believe Katie McMillan spent her first two years here as a defender, since she obviously has offensive skills. I'm glad Kampersal recognized that and converted her to a forward full time.

It's a big senior class this year, and it's going to be tough to replace the play of McMillan, Brooke Madsen, and Abby Welch. At goalie, senior Jenna Brenneman is technically already "gone", so another option at goalie (besides Cam Leonard) sure is nice to have coming in - actually, it's crucial, as you've seen the past four games without Chantal Burke in net. I hope Josie Bothun comes in next year with intentions (and the skill) of dethroning Burke, but Burke will determine her own place - she's solid in net and not going anywhere.
    Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 11-19-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Why hasnít Burke played the last four games?

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Why hasn’t Burke played the last four games?
    She was serving time in the dog house for extracurricular activities.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    She was serving time in the dog house for extracurricular activities.
    Btw, I'm not buying Villani is a d, she came in as a F and I'm pretty sure she was switched last year and I'm not sure she has played. The last four games were perfect for her to get at least a couple shifts at least on offense. I hope she did get some playing time.

Btw, I'm not buying Villani is a d, she came in as a F and I'm pretty sure she was switched last year and I'm not sure she has played. The last four games were perfect for her to get at least a couple shifts at least on offense. I hope she did get some playing time.
    No, Olivia Villani was a defender as a freshman, a forward as a sophomore and junior, and now a defender again as a senior. Her claim to fame is being the only Pennsylvanian on the Penn State roster.

No, Olivia Villani was a defender as a freshman, a forward as a sophomore and junior, and now a defender again as a senior. Her claim to fame is being the only Pennsylvanian on the Penn State roster.
    Then, I stand corrected, I do remember she was the late add after Remy Martin left or some similar name.

Here is the Penn State report on the seven new signees coming to Penn State next season: https://gopsusports.com/news/2019/11...ay-period.aspx

This weekend at home against Syracuse is a Saturday-Sunday series, and both games are at 2:00 PM (Eastern). Also, both games will be streamed on BTN+, if you have a subscription.

Audio from tonight's "Coaches Show" with Jeff Kampersal. His part starts at 16:50 and runs to 26:00.

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Archi...8&type=Archive

Audio from tonight's "Coaches Show" with Jeff Kampersal. His part starts at 16:50 and runs to 26:00.

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Archi...8&type=Archive
    Thanks for the link and when to listen. Compared to the last podcast this was as dull as could be. There is still 2/3 of the season to play and all you have to do is get hot at the right time like Syracuse did last year.

Syracuse rolls into town a whopping 2-11. I'm not sure what to prognosticate, but, someone has to win. Yes, it could be a tie.

Thanks for the link and when to listen. Compared to the last podcast this was as dull as could be.
    I agree - after this long break I thought there would be a lot more to talk about.

Syracuse rolls into town a whopping 2-11. I'm not sure what to prognosticate, but, someone has to win. Yes, it could be a tie.
    Syracuse looks like they show up with one good game in them, and then sort of a crap shoot for game two. Maybe it's finally the season when Penn State can shake the Syracuse monkey off their back. Injuries should be healed up, systems should be nailed down, so I'm looking forward to a solid series this weekend.

The Penn State weekend series preview: https://gopsusports.com/news/2019/11...-syracuse.aspx

Here's a great article about junior defender Morgan Rolph and her pursuit of a Criminology degree: https://gopsusports.com/news/2019/11...pirations.aspx

The Penn State newspaper, the Daily Collegian, has a weekend series preview here:

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...88009213b.html

The Penn State newspaper, the Daily Collegian, has a weekend series preview here:

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...88009213b.html
    Thanks for the links. Coach seems preoccupied with physicality. I think Rolph was hurt last year playing Syracuse to add a little more spice to the mix.

Kampresal also mentioned another commit but it has not been announced yet. I find that interesting. I'm thinking a transfer. Only coaches and players can access the portal.
    Last edited by Reddington; 11-22-2019 at 09:06 PM.

I don't know where this article was hiding, or what happened to their weekend series preview, but here's another article from the Daily Collegian talking about the long break and what it's meant for the team: https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...cab4cc628.html

I don't know where this article was hiding, or what happened to their weekend series preview, but here's another article from the Daily Collegian talking about the long break and what it's meant for the team: https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...cab4cc628.html
    Adolfson Fidler Slattery were scratches. Adolfson is a new one.1-1 tie.

Thread Information