X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Former CT Governor Dannel Malloy now in charge of UMaine. If he supports Maine Athletics like he supported CT athletics, you are screwed. A millionaire who is completely out of touch with anything beneath his bottom line. And whatever you do, do NOT call him Daniel. https://www.wmtw.com/article/new-uma...puses/27684556
    You mean we weren't screwed before? Chancellors office is the biggest waste of money in the UMaine system
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Former CT Governor Dannel Malloy now in charge of UMaine. If he supports Maine Athletics like he supported CT athletics, you are screwed. A millionaire who is completely out of touch with anything beneath his bottom line. And whatever you do, do NOT call him Daniel. https://www.wmtw.com/article/new-uma...puses/27684556
      How about Danny?

Comment

Maine football ranked 4th in a fcs preseason poll. Im guessing they play better when no one thinks they will be any good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Maine football ranked 4th in a fcs preseason poll. Im guessing they play better when no one thinks they will be any good
          Which means they'll be 5-6...

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            I actually was at dinner last week with a kid who's going to the Newhouse School at Syracuse and who is a complete college football junkie. When I told him that I went to Maine, he described last season better than I could have, and told me that the incoming class is a good one. He mentioned past players (Josh Mack among them) and current ones as well (Ferguson, a couple of DB's, transfers, etc.)

Sure, there are people on here who want to see all of Maine's resources allocated to the hockey program, while it's is clearly going nowhere... Football is the better choice for the short term, at least in terms of exposure and success.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 06-05-2019, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              They won't sneak up on anyone this year...but they do have the talent to be a good team...will that translate in a winning team, hard to say...I know last year that if they factor in the close games that could have gone the other way....well that's football. My guess is that they have to keep Ferguson heathy all season long...and how they adapt to a New Head Coach...I would think there is a lot of optimism at Maine for the upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                They won't sneak up on anyone this year...but they do have the talent to be a good team...will that translate in a winning team, hard to say...I know last year that if they factor in the close games that could have gone the other way....well that's football. My guess is that they have to keep Ferguson heathy all season long...and how they adapt to a New Head Coach...I would think there is a lot of optimism at Maine for the upcoming season.
                I'm cautiously optimistic. They return a bunch of key players and recruited well, and they have 5 home games this year!

We're going to ticket-up for at least 2 away games this season, maybe more. It's a fun change of pace to travel for football.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  I'm cautiously optimistic. They return a bunch of key players and recruited well, and they have 5 home games this year!

We're going to ticket-up for at least 2 away games this season, maybe more. It's a fun change of pace to travel for football.
                  I hear you on the cautiously optimistic part.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    I hear you on the cautiously optimistic part.
                    I hear you too.

But, let's face it, hockey is dead in the water right now. Might as well spend the money on what is the sole nationally-prominent program Maine has at present.

Comment

Might as well spend the money on what is the sole nationally-prominent program Maine has at present.
                      Womens BBall, Field Hockey?

Comment

I hear you too.

But, let's face it, hockey is dead in the water right now. Might as well spend the money on what is the sole nationally-prominent program Maine has at present.
                        Well I do, as I have 3 season tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Womens BBall, Field Hockey?
                          Yeah, there's that too.

We actually go to FH games to see the Bears in Albany. Maine has had a very good program for years now.

The Warden's daughter was a player, so I got sucked-in... I would just like to see longer sticks and fewer whistles, but it's a decent sport to watch. And Maine is in the mix, most years.

FH probably had the best recent shot at a NC, along with football. Hockey hasn't been in that conversation since Red took over.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 06-06-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            I hear you too.

Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              Sigh.
                              I feel your pain. But it's been so long since hockey was relevant that I'm getting used to it.

(How's the fishing been up there, BTW? We've had so much rain here that even the blackflies haven't recovered yet, let alone the trout.)

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                This is my biggest fear. The margin for error in the CAA is so thin. You win 2-3 close games one year, you’re 9-2, you lose those close ones the next year and you’re 5-6.

I’m worried about the D. There’s always been some kind of continuity but Hetherman leaving at the same time as coach H spooks me for sure. Hopefully Ryan can keep the Black Hole thing going.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X