Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1001

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

  1. #921
    There was no joy in Orono.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    2,945
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I'm not convinced that the leadership(aka staff) could lead a horse to water let alone get it to drink.

    I'm guessing there will be no more talk about the Red Sox after the last couple days so we have that going for us
    Been obvious since about Christmas of 2014 but weíre the jerks for saying so on the internet.

  2. #922
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,583

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    That's why the "STAFF" needs to head to the EXIT following this season...and for the Red Sox chatter will be negative after this weekend in the Bronx....World Series Hangover and truthfully there are better teams in the American League then Boston this season...
    The Maine LLWS team has looked better than have the Sox during the dumpster-fire that was this past week.

    Oh well, last year was a nearly-perfect season, and I really don't see anyone getting past Houston in the AL, anyway. The Astros have pitching coming out of their ears, to put it politely.

  3. #923
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cape Neddick, ME USA
    Posts
    225

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    As long as they hammer the Yankees again next week, yes.
    OOOPS.......and how does that seem to be working out for ya!

  4. #924
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,194

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    The Maine LLWS team has looked better than have the Sox during the dumpster-fire that was this past week.

    Oh well, last year was a nearly-perfect season, and I really don't see anyone getting past Houston in the AL, anyway. The Astros have pitching coming out of their ears, to put it politely.
    Yes the Astros have a pitching Staff in place that will be a hard play...but HOW IN THE HECK do the Yankees keep plugging along...I mean there starting Staff is nothing to write home about...but if they can get 5 strong innings then their Bullpen is hard to beat...plus it seems everyone on the team is hurt or gets hurt but they just put someone in the lineup and they don't miss a beat...they play as a together team...they have the magic. Come Playoff time we shall see if it's their season....and this is from a NON Yankee or Red Sox fan...

  5. #925
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,583

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Yes the Astros have a pitching Staff in place that will be a hard play...but HOW IN THE HECK do the Yankees keep plugging along...I mean there starting Staff is nothing to write home about...but if they can get 5 strong innings then their Bullpen is hard to beat...plus it seems everyone on the team is hurt or gets hurt but they just put someone in the lineup and they don't miss a beat...they play as a together team...they have the magic. Come Playoff time we shall see if it's their season....and this is from a NON Yankee or Red Sox fan...
    You hit the nail, IMO.

    NY starters aren't lights-out, but the 'pen is miles deep, and those bastids score runs.

    I'm OK with the Sox falling by the wayside this year (last season was absolutely awesome, why be greedy?), but I'll eat my tennis shorts on Main St. before I say anything nice about the Yank-me's.

    Houston should have won it all last year, and I expect them get it right this year. Absolutely loaded with great pitching.

  6. #926
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    814

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    New volunteer assist coach. Sounds to have some good experience. Cant hurt.

  7. #927
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    New volunteer assist coach. Sounds to have some good experience. Cant hurt.
    Sounds like he is overqualified for the job. Imagine he will be a good working with defensemen.

  8. #928
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    814

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    I see the roster is posted. Dont know when it came out.
    29 including goalies and 10? incoming "freshmen".
    Last edited by NorthMike; 08-12-2019 at 08:04 AM.

  9. #929
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    I see the roster is posted. Dont know when it came out.
    29 including goalies and 10? incoming "freshmen".
    I personally don't think Greenway should be listed as a freshman

  10. #930
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,194

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    I see the roster is posted. Dont know when it came out.
    29 including goalies and 10? incoming "freshmen".
    Did not see it on goblackbears.com?

  11. #931
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,194

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I personally don't think Greenway should be listed as a freshman
    I don't think he will be....

  12. #932
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I don't think he will be....
    He is, the roster is on goblackbears.com

  13. #933
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,194

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    He is, the roster is on goblackbears.com
    I'll take your word for it as I tried a couple times and still just get the 2018-19 roster...but I think your right that Greenway should not be listed as a Freshman. Someone maybe able to explain why, but didn't he actually play some for Wisconsin..?

  14. #934
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    159

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I'll take your word for it as I tried a couple times and still just get the 2018-19 roster...but I think your right that Greenway should not be listed as a Freshman. Someone maybe able to explain why, but didn't he actually play some for Wisconsin..?
    There's a drop-down in the upper right-hand corner where you can toggle up to see the 2019-20 roster.

    As far as Greenway being a Frosh, there are other mistakes like Sirota listed as an F.
    Last edited by FLHockeyMom; 08-12-2019 at 04:21 PM.

  15. #935
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I'll take your word for it as I tried a couple times and still just get the 2018-19 roster...but I think your right that Greenway should not be listed as a Freshman. Someone maybe able to explain why, but didn't he actually play some for Wisconsin..?
    Yes, he is a junior. He has two seasons left. Iím hoping he has an impact right away... and I expect he will. I am not expecting any of the freshman to have a huge impact on scoring. But I expect team defense to be solid.... despite all of the new faces. My guess is Maine is middle of conference again. With goaltending a strength.

  16. #936
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Yes, he is a junior. He has two seasons left. Iím hoping he has an impact right away... and I expect he will. I am not expecting any of the freshman to have a huge impact on scoring. But I expect team defense to be solid.... despite all of the new faces. My guess is Maine is middle of conference again. With goaltending a strength.
    My thoughts as well. Hopefully Iíll be pleasantly surprised, but hard to see any of the incoming freshmen put up huge numbers. Honestly there are three or four returnees who I have no clue why they are still on the team.

    Does anyone know what the deal is with Adam Dawe? He has a lot of talent but itís hard for me to see him staying healthy.

  17. #937
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,194

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by flhockeymom View Post
    there's a drop-down in the upper right-hand corner where you can toggle up to see the 2019-20 roster.

    As far as greenway being a frosh, there are other mistakes like sirota listed as an f.
    thanks

  18. #938
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,194

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    My thoughts as well. Hopefully I’ll be pleasantly surprised, but hard to see any of the incoming freshmen put up huge numbers. Honestly there are three or four returnees who I have no clue why they are still on the team.

    Does anyone know what the deal is with Adam Dawe? He has a lot of talent but it’s hard for me to see him staying healthy.
    Dawe is a GAMER who plays the game hard...staying healthy is one question, but from what I see of him it is not how he plays the game...just the CHEAP SHOTS that he took last season...un-called for, but as they say its in the game and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. BUT healthy he is huge for this team...plays hard each and every shift. Glad he's on Maine. A true plus to the lineup (imo). My big concerns are the defense, and on offense...can they get two lines to score..? Goaltending will be a plus...as long as they can keep Swayman from seeing 35-40 shots per night.

  19. #939
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    My thoughts as well. Hopefully Iíll be pleasantly surprised, but hard to see any of the incoming freshmen put up huge numbers. Honestly there are three or four returnees who I have no clue why they are still on the team.

    Does anyone know what the deal is with Adam Dawe? He has a lot of talent but itís hard for me to see him staying healthy.
    Heís a spark plug, but took a couple terrible head shots. Hopefully that doesnít happen this season. I loved his play prior to injury. I expect JSS to have a bigger impact this season also, And I have been waiting for Tralmaks to become more dominant. Westerlund and Smith are both capable of more. There is a lot of talent on the forward lines that havenít really put it all together yet.

  20. #940
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Heís a spark plug, but took a couple terrible head shots. Hopefully that doesnít happen this season. I loved his play prior to injury. I expect JSS to have a bigger impact this season also, And I have been waiting for Tralmaks to become more dominant. Westerlund and Smith are both capable of more. There is a lot of talent on the forward lines that havenít really put it all together yet.
    I thought the third line of Smith-Shea-Westerlund looked pretty good most of the time last season, they have good chemistry and were a net positive to the team as a third line in my view. I expect Schmitty to have a breakout season this year. The biggest question mark for the team in my opinion is how will Pearson be replaced, and who is playing 1C? None of the freshman inspire confidence in me to take that spot, so I am curious what they will do.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •