X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    Section L, as close to m as possible, and as high up as possible. Not a bad price tag.

I think it means $13 per game per ticket. That seems like a good deal.
    Absolutely agree. Maybe attendance and overall revenue (concessions come to mind) will increase as a result.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Section L, as close to m as possible, and as high up as possible. Not a bad price tag.

I think it means $13 per game per ticket. That seems like a good deal.
      I dont think 13$ is the price, $16 if you buy at window, buy online add 2.50 or 3 for fee.

Comment

The $50 buck seats went to $35. Good move, that was a rather stiff price.
        Good to see they are changing things up.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
          I dont think 13$ is the price, $16 if you buy at window, buy online add 2.50 or 3 for fee.
          I mean if you buy season ticket at $250 it works out to about 13 dollars a game. Seems pretty reasonable to me. I imagine the attendance will go up despite the lack of enthusiasm for Gendron.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            I mean if you buy season ticket at $250 it works out to about 13 dollars a game. Seems pretty reasonable to me. I imagine the attendance will go up despite the lack of enthusiasm for Gendron.
            Yup, lowering prices is also a risk, what if the same attendance numbers hold. But that would also be another reason to make a coaching change, poor record and more decreasing revenue, pretty sly actually.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              Yup, lowering prices is also a risk, what if the same attendance numbers hold. But that would also be another reason to make a coaching change, poor record and more decreasing revenue, pretty sly actually.
              Or, the same revenue and the same results, just with more posteriors in the seats...

Better attendance might amount to putting lipstick on a pig, or perhaps it'll help recruiting. It's worth a try, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Or, the same revenue and the same results, just with more posteriors in the seats...

Better attendance might amount to putting lipstick on a pig, or perhaps it'll help recruiting. It's worth a try, IMO.
                Yeah worth a try. Good move by AD, he'll have a play no matter what happens.

Comment

Lowering ticket prices needed to happen years ago, (especially those empty $50.00 seats). I gave up my season tickets 3 years ago and I won't be renewing. Will probably go to a couple of home games.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    Yeah worth a try. Good move by AD, he'll have a play no matter what happens.
                    BUT...as I have said before, it won't be the "same" revenue. It will be more. Because more people means more concessions sales. If you cut ticket prices in half and get double the people, the actual "ticket" revenue is the same, but the total revenue is MORE, because those people have to eat and drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      BUT...as I have said before, it won't be the "same" revenue. It will be more. Because more people means more concessions sales. If you cut ticket prices in half and get double the people, the actual "ticket" revenue is the same, but the total revenue is MORE, because those people have to eat and drink.
                      Except concessions revenue no longer goes to the university as I recall.

Comment

Nice to see ticket prices going down...but my biggest concern is the PRODUCT on the ice and who is running the show.....behind the bench...or for how long.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Except concessions revenue no longer goes to the university as I recall.
                          This is surprising to hear. You’d think that there would be money in it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            This is surprising to hear. You’d think that there would be money in it.
                            Unless things have changed, the university gets a flat rate from the Waterfront Concerts folks and any profit goes there. Maybe the university gets a % of the profits but I doubt it. In any event, any increase in attendance will have either no or a minimal effect on concession income for the university.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Unless things have changed, the university gets a flat rate from the Waterfront Concerts folks and any profit goes there. Maybe the university gets a % of the profits but I doubt it. In any event, any increase in attendance will have either no or a minimal effect on concession income for the university.
                              My guess is it must have changed since Ralph said this...

“If we don’t win more home games, attendance may stay flat so you may see a decline in revenue,” said Ralph.

However, with lower ticket prices, he pointed out that “we may get more casual fans and visiting team fans and that could lead to an increase in merchandise and concession sales.”

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/04/18/sports/umaine-sports/umaine-hopes-dropping-ticket-prices-will-draw-more-fans-to-mens-hockey-games/

Comment

• Keeper’s home town gave him a parade...
                                https://www.theloop.ca/ctvnews/brady-keeper-greeted-with-parade-following-return-home-from-nhl-debut/

Comment

Working...
                                X