Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Gendron record: 82-115-25, the highest finish in Hockey East @ 5th place, the lowest finish @ 11th place....not exact math but the record ends up as 13-19-4 per season. Not a resounding rebuild after 6 years...and with that and two more years to that with his extension kicking in.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Can we fire Red now? Or will he do the honorable thing and resign, as he said he would if he can't do the job?

There's not a doubt in my mind this team would be better if they had named Corkum head coach.

More excuses by Gendron. How about staying out of the penalty box and playing disciplined hockey?

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/03/...eid=1414ca39fa

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    ........... His idea of rough and tough hockey does not jive in todays game....expect the same next season[2019-20].
    His "smash mouth" hockey may have worked for him in other leagues but it won't be tolerated in college hockey. Apparently, he either doesn't see it or if he does he refuses to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Gendron record: 82-115-25, the highest finish in Hockey East @ 5th place, the lowest finish @ 11th place....not exact math but the record ends up as 13-19-4 per season. Not a resounding rebuild after 6 years...and with that and two more years to that with his extension kicking in.
    I think this next season will be Reds last. I do fear what their next coach move will be.
    I must say that this team looks better conditioned than past years and towards the end here they came together as a team and seemed to accept and implement the system/plan. Too late though. RIP the 2018/2019 season, "in the books".

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Sounds like they played hard all weekend but the usual result. Red ain't going anywhere, he has 2 years left and will run the program further down the sewer. This is the first year in over 30 that I never stepped foot in Alfond. Thats pretty sad if you ask me. I just get pi ssed off watching them play. Spoiled by all the glory years I guess. Not sure who is coming for recruits but I doubt much changes. Robbins and Micheal being the 2 biggest losses. Maybe some guys go pro?? Maybe they can get up to 5th place next year Home ice would be great.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Whos going to leave and move on? Pearson?

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Sounds like they played hard all weekend but the usual result. Red ain't going anywhere, he has 2 years left and will run the program further down the sewer.......
    You are correct. If the AD has his way Red will be staying for at least two more years. They are buddies from their years in New Hampshire.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by Runsub5 View Post
    His "smash mouth" hockey may have worked for him in other leagues but it won't be tolerated in college hockey. Apparently, he either doesn't see it or if he does he refuses to change.
    Thing is, it didn't work for him in other leagues. There's a reason why he's been a career assistant.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

University of Maine Class of 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    Whos going to leave and move on? Pearson?
    I doubt Pearson moves on. I hear Detroit brass don't really like him that much.

So much teeth gnashing here. Time to vote with your wallets and ditch this program until changes are made! Stop showing up at Alfond! Stop throwing away your money on this program! Follow Maine football, women's basketball or heck......even men's hoops. Maine fans need to start closing their wallets to this madness until a coaching change is made!

Quote Originally Posted by umhockey91 View Post
    So much teeth gnashing here. Time to vote with your wallets and ditch this program until changes are made! Stop showing up at Alfond! Stop throwing away your money on this program! Follow Maine football, women's basketball or heck......even men's hoops. Maine fans need to start closing their wallets to this madness until a coaching change is made!
    Spot on....

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I doubt Pearson moves on. I hear Detroit brass don't really like him that much.
    I think Fossier and Keeper would be a lot more likely to sign. I'm interested to see if Doherty comes back or not. He turns 24 this summer and it wouldn't shock me if he wanted to move on.

I could see any of Spicer, Holesinsky, or Lindelow leaving/being asked not to come back.

Has anyone heard what the long term prognosis is for Dawe?
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Thing is, it didn't work for him in other leagues. There's a reason why he's been a career assistant.
    He's the Don Zimmer of hockey....a better assistant then a Head Coach...and that's why you never seen him behind a D-1 bench before the UMaine hiring....he should have been let go after his first 4 year deal....he has never come close to changing this program around...and never will/sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Can we fire Red now? Or will he do the honorable thing and resign, as he said he would if he can't do the job?

There's not a doubt in my mind this team would be better if they had named Corkum head coach.
    Resigning would be the right move and a sign he knows he tried but isn't the answer...will he?..Hahhaaa….not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Has anyone heard what the long term prognosis is for Dawe?
    He's been practicing for the last few weeks in a non-contact, must be some sort of progress if he's hitting the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Runsub5 View Post
    More excuses by Gendron. How about staying out of the penalty box and playing disciplined hockey?

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/03/...eid=1414ca39fa
    A few MORE BREAKS....uh/duh......its the same old/same old....if this...if that....no what it is..? >> that you Mr. Gendron have failed and can't see the writing on the wall...just move on...RESIGN. Excuses and if this/if that just does not cut it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    He's been practicing for the last few weeks in a non-contact, must be some sort of progress if he's hitting the ice.
    Hoping he is getting well...a true all out hustle and team player...a key cog to Maine.

How come Maine has only 2 Canadians on the team now? Now wonder they aren't winning! Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by umhockey91 View Post
    How come Maine has only 2 Canadians on the team now? Now wonder they aren't winning! Duh!
    Even worse, 0 Mainers on the team, only team at the entire school without a Maine native on the roster...

Thread Information