X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/03/...4039248_0_0_19
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

It's unbelievable to me how the AD and Gendron blame the facility for Maine's lack of success. It's clear Gendron will be the coach for at least two more years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        It's unbelievable to me how the AD and Gendron blame the facility for Maine's lack of success. It's clear Gendron will be the coach for at least two more years.
        I know. And the bulk of recruits past and present say the reason they came to Maine was because of the atmosphere. The building and the fans are the selling point. Quite a sad article, completely delusional leadership evidently. Not much to lose though, and that is the problem. Why pull the rip cord when you are ten feet from the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          In the Trump era? Not really...as long as they don’t follow through.
          I don't particularly care for the Cornell fans. When I attended a couple of the Red Hot Hockey (BU vs Cornell) games at MSG they were pretty snotty and arrogant. I hope Providence takes care of them today.

Comment

The part about "parity" was very interesting. Billy Jaffe had a different take on that. He says there is not necessarily parity, but that some schools have figured out that a different "recruiting strategy' (essentially older players with a couple of blue chippers thrown in) seems to be what wins in the post-season now. The "old" paradigm of grabbing five NHL draft picks that will be one and done does not lend itself to providing stability, continuity and leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              I know. And the bulk of recruits past and present say the reason they came to Maine was because of the atmosphere. The building and the fans are the selling point. Quite a sad article, completely delusional leadership evidently.......
              That's the word, "delusional". A complete lack of administrative leadership in regards to the hockey program. Those and other excuses are an insult to the hockey fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Someday Maine will have the same extravagant budget as AIC.
                But elite players don't want to come to Maine and play. They'd rather go to hockey hotbeds like NU, Providence, Lowell, and AIC.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Here we go AGAIN....always some ones else fault/problem...etc/etc. The right thing to do is flush the toilet as that's what that article amounts to. Excuses 101...…………..pretty futile when you have the AD backing the problems...………..

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    But elite players don't want to come to Maine and play. They'd rather go to hockey hotbeds like NU, Providence, Lowell, and AIC.
                    You left out Princeton, Alabama-Huntsville and Merrimack.

Comment

You hit the nail right on....but listening to the AD and Gendron....they are on track....I mean inches away....awful to take us the fans as fools.

Comment

“We have taken huge steps the last two years in terms of our ability to compete at the top level in our league. We haven’t cracked the top level yet, but we know we’re inches away,” Gendron said.
                        Didn't Red say we'd be in the final four at this point?

“It’s not always a question of dollars and cents. You’re seeing more programs having a chance to succeed,” Ralph said.
                        So why aren't you?

You blame the entire thing on not having the money to have top tier facilities or higher paid coaches, and then you turn around and say that money doesn't really matter. So why aren't you getting the job done with the resources you have, like those other powerhouse programs Clarkson and AIC?
                        Last edited by rufus; 03-31-2019, 09:42 AM.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          You left out Princeton, Alabama-Huntsville and Merrimack.
                          Bowling Green

Comment

So why aren't you?
                            Frozen 4 in 4 years...win Hockey East last year....can't back his words....he's a wind-BAG and getting paid for it....he's a FAILURE.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              That's the word, "delusional". A complete lack of administrative leadership in regards to the hockey program. Those and other excuses are an insult to the hockey fan base.
                              +1 by a mile.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

So why aren't you?

You blame the entire thing on not having the money to have top tier facilities or higher paid coaches, and then you turn around and say that money doesn't really matter. So why aren't you getting the job done with the resources you have, like those other powerhouse programs Clarkson and AIC?
                                Well why didn’t they say so... just inches away? Ha, let’s just each give a few thousand extra and truly get there!

Yeah right, Larry with a ****ty arse article. And the excuses from athletic leadership and Red... go sell crazy somewhere else. The fans at Alfond won’t buy this hogwash.

Comment

Working...
                                X