This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Love how an article said AIC was playing with fire by giving St. Cloud four PP opportunities.

Must mean Maine plays with napalm.
    The only encouraging aspect is that through graduation and early signings Maine lost players that took 49 percent of the number of penalties. This should mean it would be hard to replicate the penalty numbers from this season. You would need incoming freshmen to take a lot and the returning players to increase their penalty numbers.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      The only encouraging aspect is that through graduation and early signings Maine lost players that took 49 percent of the number of penalties. This should mean it would be hard to replicate the penalty numbers from this season. You would need incoming freshmen to take a lot and the returning players to increase their penalty numbers.
      Except the departing players got a huge chunk of ice time. The remaining guys will play more and their penalties will increase proportionately.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
        Except the departing players got a huge chunk of ice time. The remaining guys will play more and their penalties will increase proportionately.
        It remains to be seen. But I imagine Sirota and VMT will play more minutes in place of Michel and Keeper. I didn’t see Sirota and VMT playing nearly as undisciplined as Michel and Keeper. Maybe the wildcard is if incoming transfer Greenway is undisciplined and takes a lot of penalties. On offense I don’t think Poisson, Drobot, Breen, and Roy are undisciplined players. I’ve seen them all play multiple games and wouldn’t describe any of the as careless or reckless. So I excpect penalties to come down and overall team speed to increase. This can hopefully put Maine in a better position to play less in their own end leading to less hooking, interference, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          I hope that Maine can have a program like AIC someday.
          Someday Maine will have the same extravagant budget as AIC.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post

Or, those were guys getting most of the ice time.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post

I think I heard the same theory when Diamond graduated.

Comment

The SAD PART is during the Red Gendron era[error]has been more penalty's per game, when you average close to 18 minutes per game....pretty hard to score goals in the box. Just a sign that he[RG]has to be held accountable for that....and he has not by former and present day AD's. His type of hockey has gone by the way side...in todays world of College Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  I think I heard the same theory when Diamond graduated.
                  +1 on that....a world of talent that could and would not play in a Team first attitude.

Comment

PC playing brain-dead and listless.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      PC playing brain-dead and listless.
                      Really surprised at that....figured this would be a low scoring contest in which PC would dictate the play....they did need that goal to cut it to 3-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        The SAD PART is during the Red Gendron era[error]has been more penalty's per game, when you average close to 18 minutes per game....pretty hard to score goals in the box. Just a sign that he[RG]has to be held accountable for that....and he has not by former and present day AD's. His type of hockey has gone by the way side...in todays world of College Hockey.
                        You can play that style of hockey and not take penalties. All it takes is a brain and discipline.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          PIM/game are 12.8 in the Red Gendron era. NCAA rank is 40.5. PIM/game was 15.8 in the last six years of the Whitehead era, which averaged a rank of 39.8

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            PIM/game are 12.8 in the Red Gendron era. NCAA rank is 40.5. PIM/game was 15.8 in the last six years of the Whitehead era, which averaged a rank of 39.8
                            Misleading as 200 of those PIMs were Joey Diamonds. He had 100 points too. I think fans and the team will accept a goon — Prestin Ryan, Diamond, Marchand — taking a zillion penalties if they produce.

Whereas Reds teams just seem undisciplined from pillar to post. Theres no one guy whos the goon.

They has 3 defensemen with more than 50 PIMs ... tells me the way theyre teaching D is horrible. Like if you led the NFL is DPI calls youd probably look at the way your secondary coach is teaching technique right?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              You can play that style of hockey and not take penalties. All it takes is a brain and discipline.
                              I agree with both statements, my miff is that isn't happening under Gendrons teams....and will not change in the next year or two...imo. As you say you can play physical but with control....but there style does not apply to that.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                But this season wasn't it closer to 18 minutes per game at some point..?

Comment

Working...
                                X