Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 729

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

  1. #21
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    487

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Go Friars.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    35

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    You can't take ten penalties and expect to win.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,839

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Hockey East doesn't suck. There are three teams in already.

    Our problem is that Maine sucks, and has sucked for all of Red's tenure.
    There wouldn't be three teams in if Maine and BC won their series.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,921

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Blocked shots, Primeau and too many penaltys…..

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,632

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    34 shots, probably 15 blocked shots, 3 pipes, 3 reviewed overturned... frustrating. 70 plus shots in two games for a total of 2 goals. Primeau is about as good as they come, makes tough shots seem routine, steals a couple each game. Reminds me of Jimmy.

    Good luck to NU this post season.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,921

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Hockey East doesn't suck. There are three teams in already.

    Our problem is that Maine sucks, and has sucked for all of Red's tenure.
    I think as a whole Hockey East the last 2-3 years has dropped from where they have been...no more the top Conference....but I agree the Gendron era[error]continues to stink it up. His idea of rough and tough hockey does not jive in todays game....expect the same next season[2019-20].

  7. #27
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,226

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    There wouldn't be three teams in if Maine and BC won their series.
    Well, that would have been a function of the completely idiotic tournament-AQ provision.

    All 3 HEA teams that are in are in because they had solid seasons. If Maine or BC was in, that would have been on the basis of a weekend, and not on the basis of an entire season.

    Case closed, on any logical level.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-16-2019 at 09:53 PM.

  8. #28
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,226

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I think as a whole Hockey East the last 2-3 years has dropped from where they have been...no more the top Conference....but I agree the Gendron era[error]continues to stink it up. His idea of rough and tough hockey does not jive in todays game....expect the same next season[2019-20].
    Again, 3 teams in, and I could see UMass winning it all, and maybe even NU or PC.

    The traditional powers have gone backwards, but HEA still has a legit shot at the NC.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Well, that would have been function of the completely idiotic tournament-AQ provision.

    All 3 HEA teams that are in are in because they had solid seasons. If Maine or BC was in, that would have been on the basis of a weekend, and not on the basis of an entire season.

    Case closed, on any logical level.
    I donít disagree with you at all. Iím just making the point that given the system that is in place Hockey East had a strong incentive to see Northeastern and Providence make it to the semis and basically guarantee a spot in the NCAA tourney. I know there is no big conspiracy but the refs certainly know where things stand.

    In any case, on to 2020. How are you and everyone else feeling about next year?

  10. #30
    There was no joy in Orono.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Poll question when Redís finally let go or retires will he still be 0-for in the quarterfinals or will he have stolen a game someplace?

    The state of this program is f-in embarrassing and I really dont want to hear word one othetwise. Win ONE quarterfinal game then tell me about the progress and the positivity. FFs.

  11. #31
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,226

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I don’t disagree with you at all. I’m just making the point that given the system that is in place Hockey East had a strong incentive to see Northeastern and Providence make it to the semis and basically guarantee a spot in the NCAA tourney. I know there is no big conspiracy but the refs certainly know where things stand.

    In any case, on to 2020. How are you and everyone else feeling about next year?
    I'm guessing that next year will be the SOS. There's no reason to think otherwise.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-16-2019 at 09:43 PM.

  12. #32
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    There wouldn't be three teams in if Maine and BC won their series.
    Northeastern and Providence are in regardless. Possibly both eventual 2 seeds with Quinnipiac getting swept.

  13. #33
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I donít disagree with you at all. Iím just making the point that given the system that is in place Hockey East had a strong incentive to see Northeastern and Providence make it to the semis and basically guarantee a spot in the NCAA tourney. I know there is no big conspiracy but the refs certainly know where things stand.

    In any case, on to 2020. How are you and everyone else feeling about next year?
    I expect a step forward, but I said that last year. I don't think the year is a total failure, but another sweep to end the year is very frustrating. Especially when they could probably have even won the series if they didn't carve a rut to the box both nights. The only notable seniors they stand to lose are Robbins and Michel, and Michel should be effectively replaced by Greenway, and I expect Dawe to move up to the second line to replace Robbins. If they can avoid the bad first half like they had this year, I would expect a much better result. I still believe the potential is there to do anything, but they need consistent efforts and better offense.

  14. #34
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,226

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Northeastern and Providence are in regardless. Possibly both eventual 2 seeds with Quinnipiac getting swept.
    Not sure that 2 v. 3 seeding will matter much, as long as the siting will be amenable. Any of the HEA teams that are already in have a realistic shot at the FF, IMO, but of course UMass is the pick of the litter.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    4,239

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    UMass is the pick of the litter.
    Absolutely agree. Went to Amherst last night (and they won 6-0 tonight) and the speed and skill level is above anything I have seen in the league this year.

  16. #36
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Preview of the coming postmortem on the season:

    In the Gendron Era does Maine have a worse record against
    Boston College
    Boston University
    UMass Lowell
    UConn

    That's right. The traditional Hockey East powerhouse from Storrs.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    After 6 years of Gendron hockey I find it difficult to believe that next year will be much different. I don't see them finishing higher than 5th or 6th once again. If the puck bounces right in the quarter finals, there is a chance they could make it to the TD Garden. I really don't see them winning or moving on from there.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,921

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    .500 hockey is in the cards under Gendron....if not worst. No progress in 6 years.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,921

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Again, 3 teams in, and I could see UMass winning it all, and maybe even NU or PC.

    The traditional powers have gone backwards, but HEA still has a legit shot at the NC.
    3 teams in: Yes. But Hockey East has fallen back in that they are not the top Conference anymore.

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,921

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    34 shots, probably 15 blocked shots, 3 pipes, 3 reviewed overturned... frustrating. 70 plus shots in two games for a total of 2 goals. Primeau is about as good as they come, makes tough shots seem routine, steals a couple each game. Reminds me of Jimmy.

    Good luck to NU this post season.
    56 blocked shots over the weekend...and Primeau was the difference maker, clutch in net.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •