X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Whoa there, tiger. I didn't say "all or nothing." And if they "fold," well then doesn't that prove my point? Why do you think they "fold?" They can't allocate or generate the money for the program. Sorry, I hate that "sky is falling" approach. Baseball has, what? 31 of 32 teams in the "playoffs" now? A ONE-GAME elimination after a 162 game schedule? And if you followed the argument, MY team is the one that stands to benefit (and they aren't even at .500 yet), just like last year when they won the HE tournament to get to the NCAAs. So there's no bias. Of course I'm going to cheer for my team, because the system is the system and they're there. But he's right...it's embarrassing for a sixth place team to make it. Of course, you would say "That's GREAT for the sport...all the excitement and pageantry" (just like Chris Schenkel). Fine. Whatever. Besides, it's not as applicable in hockey. My REAL point was I just don't feel that the 85th place team in an 86 team league deserves to go to the tournament over a team who finished second in their conference because they lost one game by one point in OT. You play against your competition. Period. If you LOSE a lot of games, I'm not buying the "but we were in the toughest league" argument. So what? That also means you probably had more TV exposure and could recruit better players. It's all relative. We're never going to agree on this one...
    I don't think it is embarrassing at all for teams that make it. They've had time to tinker on it. So be it. Let's get to racing and rubbing is rubbing.

My problem is our crew chief isn't putting in the work required on the off season to where we are competitive at all. Seems like it takes a half season for him to get his car to run right. Might win a race our two. But is nowhere near getting into the cup race.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      My problem is our crew chief isn't putting in the work required on the off season to where we are competitive at all. Seems like it takes a half season for him to get his car to run right. Might win a race our two. But is nowhere near getting into the cup race.
      October 12-21-7 0.388
      November 16-26-2 0.386
      December 12-9-5 0.558
      January 22-18-7 0.543
      Feb/March 20-41-4 0.338

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        October 12-21-7 0.388
        November 16-26-2 0.386
        December 12-9-5 0.558
        January 22-18-7 0.543
        Feb/March 20-41-4 0.338
        Seems like you love to prove my point. 🤔

Comment

Seems like you love to prove my point. 🤔
          Just supplying the pertinent information.

Comment

https://youtu.be/ngw9ESJJH-k

Focus on 32 second mark. And ask yourself if he could have done more.

Then look at the blocked shots NU had.

Then you can realize one team stresses defense, and the other doesn't.
            Kirby... I am calling on you. Pretend I am a prof and give me a three page essay how your prof is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Just supplying the pertinent information.
              So the routine of "slow start to the season, good middle/end and implode in the playoffs" has been a trend for Red? Not great for him if he's trying to tout the season as progress

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                So the routine of "slow start to the season, good middle/end and implode in the playoffs" has been a trend for Red? Not great for him if he's trying to tout the season as progress
                Go click on that link and tell me with a straight face Michel couldn't have blocked that shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  Go click on that link and tell me with a straight face Michel couldn't have blocked that shot.
                  He probably could have gotten in front of that shot, but one bad defensive play dosent disprove my point.

Comment

Red is in charge of our defense. Defense has let us down.

Look there is a reason Sirota looks like our best D. He hasn't been given time for Red to screw his marbles.

Need a defensive minded head coach to match horse power in net and on the lines.

Period.

Done with the f up giveaways that are buried. Done with suck in too hard and let them in on goalie alone. Done with no net front protection.

Comment

He probably could have gotten in front of that shot, but one bad defensive play dosent disprove my point.
                      No, but one bad play might have been the difference of us playing Sunday or not.

Comment

Now once you understand one little play difference, understand other teams have been trained this much. Or do you think it was an accident Pearson was goaded by a no name on a match?

Comment

Red is in charge of our defense. Defense has let us down.

Look there is a reason Sirota looks like our best D. He hasn't been given time for Red to screw his marbles.

Need a defensive minded head coach to match horse power in net and on the lines.

Period.

Done with the f up giveaways that are buried. Done with suck in too hard and let them in on goalie alone. Done with no net front protection.
                          Well the D hasn't been great, but Maine scored 2 goals over the weekend, while allowing only 4... Sure seems that the utter lack of offensive talent was the issue there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Well the D hasn't been great, but Maine scored 2 goals over the weekend, while allowing only 4... Sure seems that the utter lack of offensive talent was the issue there.
                            Did you watch the games?

Comment

If you put Maine's offense in front of NU defense... there would be a complete walk off for a national championship team.

Comment

That Davies gets so low like another forward. Then backchecks and beats his own team back. He would be the smallest d man on our squad, but he fights harder than our biggest d man. Looks to me like their version of Metcalf. Win at all costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X