This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Drew, I really haven't seen one outstanding forward brought-in under Red. Not one.

Pearson was pretty good, but not anything like an All-American, and he was the pick of the litter. Fossier was a right/place right/time guy as a Freshman, but he's found his level. i could go on and on regarding the rest of them, but you get my point.

Red has been an abject failure, no if's or but's.
    You do realize Pearson was a junior and in top 97 percentile in hockey east🤘🏻

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      You do realize Pearson was a junior and in top 97 percentile in hockey east����
      Pearson was a good player for Maine...he and Fossier had a knack to know where each other were on the ice....now it will be seen if Pearson made Fossier a much better player or if Fossier can up his game...being the Captain and looked upon to score goals along with his deft passing ability's...hopefully he does not put too much pressure on himself...[imo].
      Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 07-21-2019, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
        Im thinking this will be Reds last year behind the bench.
        Dont see a winning record this year and will be battling to at best get into HE playoffs and not finish in bottom level. It just might be enough for Ken to shake it up.
        Sticking with that anyway.
        Right now as of mid-July this is how I size up Hockey East; 1 through 4 will be BC/UMass/BU/UML, then a drop off with Providence and Northeastern battling for the 5/6 spots....then 7/8/9/10 will be imo 7/8 being Maine and UNH fighting it out for those two spots...with Vermont and UConn playing for the 9/10 spot....and Merrimack finishing 11th, as there season will be a long learning curve with 16 Freshman coming in and 3 being goaltenders....and to add to the spice of this I would not be surprised to see 2 Coaches in Hockey East Fired[1]and Bought-out[1]...that being Snedden fired at Vermont and Maine buying out the last year of Gendrons contract......all imo as of July 21st.....which could change SOME come Sept./Oct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          Right now as of mid-July this is how I size up Hockey East; 1 through 4 will be BC/UMass/BU/UML, then a drop off with Providence and Northeastern battling for the 5/6 spots....then 7/8/9/10 will be imo 7/8 being Maine and UNH fighting it out for those two spots...with Vermont and UConn playing for the 9/10 spot....and Merrimack finishing 11th, as there season will be a long learning curve with 16 Freshman coming in and 3 being goaltenders....and to add to the spice of this I would not be surprised to see 2 Coaches in Hockey East Fired[1]and Bought-out[1]...that being Snedden fired at Vermont and Maine buying out the last year of Gendrons contract......all imo as of July 21st.....which could change SOME come Sept./Oct.
          I think your pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            I think your pretty close.
            Unless you've got a couple hundred large to donate to make it happen, Maine won't be buying out the last year of Red's contract. The money doesn't exist. It just won't happen. He'll go lame duck and recruits won't materialize, but the admin won't care - they're not paying two coaches for the same season.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

You do realize Pearson was a junior and in top 97 percentile in hockey east🤘🏻
              At what?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                Unless you've got a couple hundred large to donate to make it happen, Maine won't be buying out the last year of Red's contract. The money doesn't exist. It just won't happen. He'll go lame duck and recruits won't materialize, but the admin won't care - they're not paying two coaches for the same season.
                And you know your so right, I hear what your saying and all you say is logic and common $ense....but I will go out on that LIMB and say this..."IF" Maine limps in with just 10 to 13 wins this season and just barley makes the playoffs and gets ripped by BC @ BC in two games or "IF" they fail to even make the 1-8 playoffs that AD Ralph will paint a different picture come the end of the season for Mister Gendron...and as far as LAME DUCK...Gendron has been that ever since his first contract expired. But I do agree with what you say...just see it going a different way....but then that's what's good with these forums...everyone has a opinion and I like reading all of them and weighing them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  At what?
                  Hockey.

He was second team all hockey east. There are roughly 16 forward for each team X eleven teams. So I divided 6 by 176 total players and that has him at 97 percentile.

I think that is outstanding. I realize he didn’t win HE player of the year or win the Hobey... but being 97 percentile is outstanding in my book. And I think most people would agree.

Comment

Hockey.

He was second team all hockey east. There are roughly 16 forward for each team X eleven teams. So I divided 6 by 176 total players and that has him at 97 percentile.

I think that is outstanding. I realize he didn’t win HE player of the year or win the Hobey... but being 97 percentile is outstanding in my book. And I think most people would agree.
                    Interesting "math".

Being a 2nd team All-Hockey East lately certainly doesn't equate to playing elite hockey, but he wasn't bad.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-22-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                      Yeah, agree.

When he was renewed for doing nothing, that screamed to me that Maine would never eat his contract. Still haven't figured that renewal out.

Not at all worried about his recruits de-committing, in any case. He never brings in any real talent, anyway. Let them go to Bentley if they prefer. (If Bentley wants them.)

Maine is a total re-build at this point. My guess is that Red will suck for 2 more years, then be put out to pasture. Then, Maine will suck for years to follow. Red was a disaster of a hire.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-22-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Interesting "math".

Being a 2nd team All-Hockey East lately certainly doesn't equate to playing elite hockey, but he wasn't bad.
                        I bet you were better.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Hockey.

Yes!
                          And we will see how much Pearson is missed.
                          Last edited by NorthMike; 07-22-2019, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                            It will be a bitter pill to swallow. The decision will come down to - keep red and lose his salary plus in lost revenue or swallow that pill and make a change hoping to bring the program back up along with revenue thus paying back the buyout. No brainer to me, but hey they have the purse strings.

Shouldnt they have a little dough in the coffer from Harasmiak breaking his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              Yes!
                              And we will see how much Pearson is missed.
                              He will be missed on face offs... and in defensive end.

But old dogs like fisherman and Wally only look on the side of can I get a 100 point player.... they don’t understand there is no such now.

Comment

Interesting "math".

It isn’t interesting math. It is straight forward math you ****. **** screw

Comment

Working...
                                X