Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Binner was noticeable only because he made so many mental mistakes.

He won't be missed. He was never anywhere near being a good D-man at this level, IMO.
    I thought he had the tools but never really put it together. At this point I’m still much more worried about the offense.

Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
    I haven’t been on here in a while, so forgive me if this is old news, but Jordan Greenway’s younger brother is transferring in to Orono as a D man. Also a new goalie coming in who should be capable of taking some of the load off of Swayman. This will be Sway’s last year at Maine IMHO.
    Yes I know Greenways coming in, but lets see what he brings to the ice....plus Thiessen coming in will get some time [maybe]...but will get the practice time in and will learn the game from Swayman also....I do agree with you that Swayman will be playing his last season at Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I thought he had the tools but never really put it together. At this point I’m still much more worried about the offense.
    Both sides of the ice should be a worry.....

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Both sides of the ice should be a worry.....
    Yup.

And that's been the issue for Red's entire regime. Maine hasn't done anything very well under Gendron.

Sway is certainly better than average, but no other facet of this team provides any real glimmer of hope. I'm saving my travel-budget for football. That's certainly Maine's flagship right now.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-22-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Yup.

And that's been the issue for Red's entire regime. Maine hasn't done anything very well under Gendron.

Sway is certainly better than average, but no other facet of this team provides any real glimmer of hope. I'm saving my travel-budget for football. That's certainly Maine's flagship right now.
    I actually think he has done a decent job when it comes to recruiting goalies and dmen. Swayman, Michel, Keeper, and holway were all good. There have been a number of others who were decent enough and Bub was very good for a walk on. He hasn’t had anywhere near that level of success with forwards.

When did this come about..? Recently or was this something that happen after the season and just waited till school was over..? Can't wait to hear RG's explanation...same old same old....
    This isn't any big surprise, Binner had all kinds of academic problems.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtagger View Post
    Well just as well...as much as I am a hockey fan...bottom line if you can't do both...school and hockey then waste somebody else's time and money paid out for school...….

Well just as well...as much as I am a hockey fan...bottom line if you can't do both...school and hockey then waste somebody else's time and money paid out for school...….
    Right, it's easy to forget sometimes that these kids are students and athletes...

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by dogtagger View Post
    He had big problems on the ice, too. Made more bad decisions in his own end than any other Maine D-man in recent years. I wish him well, but his departure is addition by subtraction.

For all the fallen Mainers and for all the active duty Black bears... thank you for your service! You give, and have given, us freedom and we are all appreciate it! You are our true heroes! Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    For all the fallen Mainers and for all the active duty Black bears... thank you for your service! You give, and have given, us freedom and we are all appreciate it! You are our true heroes! Thank you so much!
    ++++++1 and then some!

Former CT Governor Dannel Malloy now in charge of UMaine. If he supports Maine Athletics like he supported CT athletics, you are screwed. A millionaire who is completely out of touch with anything beneath his bottom line. And whatever you do, do NOT call him Daniel. https://www.wmtw.com/article/new-uma...puses/27684556
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    Former CT Governor Dannel Malloy now in charge of UMaine. If he supports Maine Athletics like he supported CT athletics, you are screwed. A millionaire who is completely out of touch with anything beneath his bottom line. And whatever you do, do NOT call him Daniel. https://www.wmtw.com/article/new-uma...puses/27684556

My Auntie studied nursing at USM. And her husband was coast guard. This was 50 years ago. This is how old when we knew the nurse program was great. So I am confused?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    My Auntie studied nursing at USM. And her husband was coast guard. This was 50 years ago. This is how old when we knew the nurse program was great. So I am confused?
    Theme song...
    https://youtu.be/DqlUt0Ff70Q

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

You mean we weren't screwed before? Chancellors office is the biggest waste of money in the UMaine system
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

How about Danny?

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Maine football ranked 4th in a fcs preseason poll. Im guessing they play better when no one thinks they will be any good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Maine football ranked 4th in a fcs preseason poll. Im guessing they play better when no one thinks they will be any good
    Which means they'll be 5-6...

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Which means they'll be 5-6...
    I actually was at dinner last week with a kid who's going to the Newhouse School at Syracuse and who is a complete college football junkie. When I told him that I went to Maine, he described last season better than I could have, and told me that the incoming class is a good one. He mentioned past players (Josh Mack among them) and current ones as well (Ferguson, a couple of DB's, transfers, etc.)

Sure, there are people on here who want to see all of Maine's resources allocated to the hockey program, while it's is clearly going nowhere... Football is the better choice for the short term, at least in terms of exposure and success.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 06-05-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Thread Information