• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Here's more fodder about mediocrity.

https://sportschowdah.bangordailynew...ust-be-served/
    Maybe he should print this out and send it to the AD....think he'd read it..? Yes/No.....bet he'd laugh and toss it in the can, pronto. Maine Hockey is DEAD, never see this Program going any where's but down [7th-8th place] then slightly up [5th-6th place] and then a rebuild [out of the playoffs] with mega excuses....next year/next year after that....plenty of this and that....I guess not going anymore or donating to the program is the recipe...but then most to all of us have a passion for the game/team/area that it's like trying to kick a bad habit....you should but you can't. I can ONLY SAY, boy am I glad to say I witnessed great hockey and one of the best rinks to watch hockey....at least. It was something special and blast to have been there when it was running on all cylinders. When it was the "STATE" Team.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      They've been a 500 team since Red's been here. But, there's always a reason. "Give him a couple years, you can't turn things around all at once" "Wait til he gets all of his recruits in" "Ok, this year wasn't great, but I expect big improvements next year"

Next year comes: "Ok, this year wasn't great, but I expect big improvements next year" "You can't get rid of him, incoming recruits want stability".
      Irony is, who's really worried about any of Red's recruits de-committing..? The quality of same has been -by far- Red's biggest failure.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        https://bangordailynews.com/2019/03/...underachieves/

Red says Maine was the better team. Yah, sure.... if you don't count defense. No doubt he overlooks that and it shows on the ice. His pairings are constantly turned, cough up the puck in their own zone, and fail to protect the net front.
        IDK, Blackie... Maine finished 29th in GA, and 42nd in GPG. Seems to me that the latter is more of a problem.

(And, somewhat fittingly, the two numbers were identical: 2.50 per game... An astonishing degree of mediocrity.)

Comment

https://www.tsn.ca/keeper-s-improbab...xVan0kK7aI-rf4
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

That is a great article, thanks. I didn't realize about that suicide thing in his home town he grew up in. I remember seeing something about suicide, but 140 people in his hometown tried to commit suicide.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              That is a great article, thanks. I didn't realize about that suicide thing in his home town he grew up in. I remember seeing something about suicide, but 140 people in his hometown tried to commit suicide.
              Didnt realize he was a dad! Busy guy - school, family, hockey. Impressive.

Comment

I doubt that he'll stick-around in the NHL, but I'm happy for him.

300K, invested wisely at his age, will go a loooong way by the time he's 40-something.

Good for him.

Comment

This right here, jeez NCAA:

Money was tight - Keeper had exactly 63 cents in his bank account on Monday when he signed. A mentor paid for Keeper’s baggage fees at the airport in Maine just to send his sticks and equipment on to Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                    This right here, jeez NCAA:
                    Yeah. He found the path, anyway.

Comment

Another pro signing, Rob Michel on an AHL deal with Lehigh Valley, the affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                        Another pro signing, Rob Michel on an AHL deal with Lehigh Valley, the affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers.
                        Wonder if he will stay long enough to finish his electrical engineering degree.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                          Wonder if he will stay long enough to finish his electrical engineering degree.
                          If he doesn't stay you can bet he has plans to finish in the near future, smart cookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            IDK, Blackie... Maine finished 29th in GA, and 42nd in GPG. Seems to me that the latter is more of a problem.

(And, somewhat fittingly, the two numbers were identical: 2.50 per game... An astonishing degree of mediocrity.)
                            Of course... hindsight is your comfort zone. Too tuff for you to think ahead.

Comment

Got to go to work. But I bet Mr fishman will give a disertation. Go screw

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Got to go to work. But I bet Mr fishman will give a disertation. Go screw
                                So, you go to work drunk..?

(And, are they hiring there?)
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-22-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X