Bob Emery announces retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Emery announces retirement

Just read a couple of post from friends of Coach Emery who announced his retirement. Now any ideas who the next coach for Plattsburgh State is going to be?

Re: Bob Emery announces retirement

Moffat

Comment

I know that is popular opinion but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for other candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
        I know that is popular opinion but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for other candidates.
        I'd be surprised if they gave anyone else serious consideration...

Comment

Thanks, Bob.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
            Just read a couple of post from friends of Coach Emery who announced his retirement. Now any ideas who the next coach for Plattsburgh State is going to be?
            The local sports talk radio station, 101.3 The Game is reporting this as well. I always thought they brought Moffat back because the school knew this was coming, but would there be any reason they have to post the job as open?

Also, for those of us that remember the Cardinal program he took over, which did not have a pristine reputation in the community, he did as much to clean up the program's image off the ice as he did winning on it. Thank you, Coach Emery, and good luck with future endeavors!
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

And his son scores a goal in Day 1 of retirement in his game!
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                The local sports talk radio station, 101.3 The Game is reporting this as well. I always thought they brought Moffat back because the school knew this was coming, but would there be any reason they have to post the job as open?

Also, for those of us that remember the Cardinal program he took over, which did not have a pristine reputation in the community, he did as much to clean up the program's image off the ice as he did winning on it. Thank you, Coach Emery, and good luck with future endeavors!

Come on this is 2019.....you cant just "pick" your coach/teacher anymore....you don't want to upset the snowflakes. They have to go through the process.
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I hope they do a proper search.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                    The local sports talk radio station, 101.3 The Game is reporting this as well. I always thought they brought Moffat back because the school knew this was coming, but would there be any reason they have to post the job as open
                    Being a state school, rules dictate they have to publicly post the position and do a "proper" search. Of course, that doesn't mean the decision can't be a foregone conclusion ... nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Being a state school, rules dictate they have to publicly post the position and do a "proper" search. Of course, that doesn't mean the decision can't be a foregone conclusion ... nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
                      That's what I was hinting at I guess. I suppose the people that might apply already knows whether this is the case or not....
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Moffatt is most definitely the front-runner at the start, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if one or two interested candidates were of a caliber that is hard to turn down.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          Moffatt is most definitely the front-runner at the start, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if one or two interested candidates were of a caliber that is hard to turn down.
                          He didn’t have a great record as head coach over at Castleton. Not sure about the whole situation there. I just hope the school selects the best candidate.

Comment

Respect. Thanks for memories to the #1 Laker killer.

Comment

Congrats Coach on a great career ... thanks for getting the folks at Primelink interested in sponsoring the tournament that bares their name.
                              Amazing ... the big three ... Beaney ... McShane ... now Emery ... all gone! The end of an era!

Comment

Working...
                              X