Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
    worth noting....while Northeastern and Harvard have never met in the Beanpot Championship game, they are both in the NCAAs and BC & BU are golfing.
    what's your point? Minnesota and Michigan 37 appearances, BC 36 and BU 35................................NU 7. Having said that, GO NU!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Here's hoping NU can win its first NCAA tournament game since the Reagan administration. Although I'm not sure that should count either since they won game one of a two game total goal series 5-3 against Merrimack and then gagged it away by losing 7-3 the next night

Comment

Ya this has nothing to do with PC. The experts let us know ahead of time that attendance is a factor. That is not Hockey East's fault. Every school has a chance to host a regional if they are so concerned by this. And if you go by placing each #1 seed closest to home it's unfortunate for Minnesota State that the two teams ahead of them are from Minnesota. I would feel differently if the #1 overall seed had to play PC in Providence but this fits bracket integrity and how they place #1 seeds. It's not great but this is not some big injustice.
        It's only been one day and I'm already sick of hearing about Providence. It sucks, but it is the system that's been put into place. Hopefully, our boys can finally break through and get that first win. Let the chips fall where they may at that point.
        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

No one is blaming PU (now I'm going to roll with it). The setup is stupid and doesn't reflect the realities of college hockey today, and the NCAA is to blame for that.

If anything now if Providence loses they should be viewed as failing because of "home ice".

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
            It's only been one day and I'm already sick of hearing about Providence. It sucks, but it is the system that's been put into place. Hopefully, our boys can finally break through and get that first win. Let the chips fall where they may at that point.
            well, unlike your last outing where your coach wasn't too happy with the officiating.. this time around there won't be H.E. refs doing this game so you have that going for you.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Then it isn't home ice.

The argument from Gopher fans wasn't "We're hosting so we get home ice," it was, "This isn't home ice." If it wasn't home ice then it isn't home ice now.

Home ice atmosphere maybe, but not home ice. And I would argue that very few regionals have any atmosphere, including the ones in Providence.
              And the gophers never hosted as a 4 seed in St Paul. Also...Providence is not the host here...Brown is. Other than an attendance excuse there was no reason to put Providence there...and as a 4 seed...its not right.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Actually there was. As the #3 overall seed, Providence is still closer than Manchester despite that difference being negligible and the fact UMass to Providence and Manchester is basically the same. But it's the 3 vs. 14 game. Fits bracket integrity and seed placement. At least this time around the committee didn't bend over backwards to put PC there. It just happened to fall into their lap. And as someone else noted, #1 seed Harvard (Minnesota State will probably bring more fans) shut out Providence in Providence just a couple years ago. People are overstating the advantage. PC does not have some raucous hockey following.

Comment

Actually there was. As the #3 overall seed, Providence is still closer than Manchester despite that difference being negligible and the fact UMass to Providence and Manchester is basically the same. But it's the 3 vs. 14 game. Fits bracket integrity and seed placement. At least this time around the committee didn't bend over backwards to put PC there. It just happened to fall into their lap. And as someone else noted, #1 seed Harvard (Minnesota State will probably bring more fans) shut out Providence in Providence just a couple years ago. People are overstating the advantage. PC does not have some raucous hockey following.
                  That's what's frustrating about this. The solution was pretty simple - Flip the Manchester and Providence brackets. Everyone who was previously busing would still be busing, and the plane rides would still be plane rides. But whatever...Time to focus on hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                    That's what's frustrating about this. The solution was pretty simple - Flip the Manchester and Providence brackets. Everyone who was previously busing would still be busing, and the plane rides would still be plane rides. But whatever...Time to focus on hockey!
                    To give credit where credit is due, Mookie first suggested this Saturday night, but unfortunately, no one seems to listen to him!

Comment

.. but unfortunately, no one seems to listen to him!
                      that's a trait unique to him.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

It doesn’t matter what system you come up with. Someone will find a reason to complain.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Don't be stupid...
                          Air Force plays at the Dunkin as much as the Friars do.😜

Comment

Haven't followed the college game as much this year. You see I moved 1500 miles to 80 miles north of Tampa where the greatest hockey team in recent history plays. Looking at the brackets I would say the kids from Cloud 9 got the toughest bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              There was something about the blue bloods (WI/MI/MN/BC/BU/UND) all missing the tourney in the same year. I think it was the 60s the last time that happened.....
                              I heard 1969. Add Tech and it's never happened...? Amazing.

Meanwhile, all the blue-blood recruits are leaving these programs for the NHL, so they all could be worse next season.

NCAA Hockey: Times, they are a Changin'
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

To give credit where credit is due, Mookie first suggested this Saturday night, but unfortunately, no one seems to listen to him!
                                I would have been ok with that but the fact you had Minn State as #3 overall and Providence #14, it was easy to do what the committee did. They also don't have to go back very far to see last time PC was in Providence they got dusted by a #1 seed. A team with almost no fan support. I understand it still doesn't feel right but if Minn State is as good as their ranking suggests, they will take care of business.

Comment

Working...
                                X