• Show
Clear All

• ADs getting help cleaning house

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/u...g-scandal.html

Re: ADs getting help cleaning house

I wonder if anyone here will see the effect of this

Comment

Of course the universities are upset. They expect to be the ones collecting bribes, generally much larger bribes, to jump kids to the front of the admissions line.

Comment

They've probably been buying their kid's way through life from the day they were born. Why would college be any different?

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
          They've probably been buying their kid's way through life from the day they were born. Why would college be any different?
          This.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Wasn't the NCAA clearinghouse put in place to prevent this type of thing from occurring?? When my kids played (before the clearinghouse was in use) there was a tremendous amount of cheating going on. The whole idea was to create this clearinghouse to circumvent those that want to cheat. I guess they will always find a way.

Comment

Originally posted by Milty View Post
              Wasn't the NCAA clearinghouse put in place to prevent this type of thing from occurring?? When my kids played (before the clearinghouse was in use) there was a tremendous amount of cheating going on. The whole idea was to create this clearinghouse to circumvent those that want to cheat. I guess they will always find a way.
              Grades, maybe. But saying Buffy was on the tennis team while she was influencing on YouTube is something different.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Grades, maybe. But saying Buffy was on the tennis team while she was influencing on YouTube is something different.
                Exactly. The clearinghouse is just for grades. If a school wants to put a non athlete on their team, the NCAA doesn’t give a hoot.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Heard today that 24 Nobles students were accepted at Early Admittance at Harvard. I know 3 are female hockey players. Wonder if any of these parents are sweating as investigations continue. I think nobles only graduates 100-110 so this is a big number.

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                    Heard today that 24 Nobles students were accepted at Early Admittance at Harvard. I know 3 are female hockey players. Wonder if any of these parents are sweating as investigations continue. I think nobles only graduates 100-110 so this is a big number.
                    Anyone check real estate transactions in The Globe?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                    X