Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ADs getting help cleaning house

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    272

    ADs getting help cleaning house


  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3

    Re: ADs getting help cleaning house

    I wonder if anyone here will see the effect of this

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    516

    Re: ADs getting help cleaning house

    Of course the universities are upset. They expect to be the ones collecting bribes, generally much larger bribes, to jump kids to the front of the admissions line.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    662

    Re: ADs getting help cleaning house

    They've probably been buying their kid's way through life from the day they were born. Why would college be any different?

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,493

    Re: ADs getting help cleaning house

    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    They've probably been buying their kid's way through life from the day they were born. Why would college be any different?
    This.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    17

    Re: ADs getting help cleaning house

    Wasn't the NCAA clearinghouse put in place to prevent this type of thing from occurring?? When my kids played (before the clearinghouse was in use) there was a tremendous amount of cheating going on. The whole idea was to create this clearinghouse to circumvent those that want to cheat. I guess they will always find a way.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    36,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    Wasn't the NCAA clearinghouse put in place to prevent this type of thing from occurring?? When my kids played (before the clearinghouse was in use) there was a tremendous amount of cheating going on. The whole idea was to create this clearinghouse to circumvent those that want to cheat. I guess they will always find a way.
    Grades, maybe. But saying Buffy was on the tennis team while she was influencing on YouTube is something different.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,493
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Grades, maybe. But saying Buffy was on the tennis team while she was influencing on YouTube is something different.
    Exactly. The clearinghouse is just for grades. If a school wants to put a non athlete on their team, the NCAA doesn’t give a hoot.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •