Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#5 Boston College 🦅 at #4 Clarkson ♞: Ugh You Guys Again Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #5 Boston College �� at #4 Clarkson ♞: Ugh You Guys Again Seriously?

For my part, I didn't really think the TTTiger household was going to be adjusting their travel plans this time. It was just a little good natured banter, along with a dash of tourist info for future reference.

If we're being serious, no doubt vicb's assessment of hotel availability is correct.

Confidential to Russell Jaslow: RITchie The Tiger > Tony The Tiger.

Comment

Re: #5 Boston College 🦅 at #4 Clarkson ♞: Ugh You Guys Again Seriously?

Who among you all will be at the game?
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Hoping for a webcast of this fine match-up...

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
          Hoping for a webcast of this fine match-up...
          All NCAA quarterfinals are streamed free by rule, aren't they? Or am I making that up?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            You guys had better not steer me wrong. Last time someone told us to go to Eben's Hearth because of their "famous buffalo wings" and they were the most mediocre wings I've ever experienced in my life.

I take buffalo wings very seriously.
            Grant,
            there are not too many good places up in those parts. I'd suggest you grab a couple of slices somewhere...they must have a Dominos (yuk) around there somewhere...and go pull up a nice toilet on the corner.
            If you see the St Lawrence coach at the game tell him "he's still a moron!" for inciting the crowd while Capazano lay on the ice with a leg injury.
            A real POS in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
              Grant,
              there are not too many good places up in those parts. I'd suggest you grab a couple of slices somewhere...they must have a Dominos (yuk) around there somewhere...and go pull up a nice toilet on the corner.
              If you see the St Lawrence coach at the game tell him "he's still a moron!" for inciting the crowd while Capazano lay on the ice with a leg injury.
              A real POS in my book.
              So, how do you really feel about Dominoes and the SLU coach?
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                So, how do you really feel about Dominoes and the SLU coach?
                put it this way, id pick Dominos every time.
                he's a POS...and that was 5 years ago.

Comment

I'll be there.

Comment

I will not be.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Three?

There are two in Potsdam (SUNY Potsdam and Clarkson) and two in Canton (SUNY Canton and St. Lawrence). Those two towns are 11 miles apart. So, I don't know how you are counting three.

And, they are both tiny towns with limited hotel numbers, especially anything other than "fleabag" motels. Though, the new Hampton Inns helped significantly.
                      The Potsdam (nee Smalling Inn) was my favorite place to crash. Hockey parents have standing reservations there.

Rumor has it that a Fairfield Inn is coming to Madstop.

Food wise - Sergi's is not bad. The Ponderosa is not bad. The spread at the Barben Rooms at Cheel is very good.

Potsdam has an Arby's and a McDonalds. Canton has neither.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

All NCAA quarterfinals are streamed free by rule, aren't they? Or am I making that up?
                        Oh, probably. I'll just wait for someone to post the link(s). Posters have been good about stepping up in that regard.

Don't watch too many webcasts during the season. Don't usually pay to watch on my computer. But come NCAA time, the games are obviously more crucial.

I do expect the Saturday games to be available. Not sure what rule/regulation/contractual provision is involved. The "hoping" part has more to do with the fact that as the number of outlets/choices has increased, finding specific games has become more confusing -- for both Women's & Men's Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                          I'll just wait for someone to post the link(s).
                          Ask and ye shall receive: https://boxcast.tv/view/clarkson-wom...jglbnfsy7ydhrb
                          Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-14-2019, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I did a podcast with Alex Bauer of Title IX Hockey to preview the game: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bc-in...nt-frozen-four

Comment

I never thought about it because I'm covering the Manhanttanville at Geneseo D3 men's quarterfinal game. But, that would have been a fun trip to get back up to Potsdam and watch a Clarkson doubleheader.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Rumor has it that a Fairfield Inn is coming to Madstop.
                                Good heavens, Potsdam is becoming an all out metropolis!

I'm guessing it will be a Category 1 Marriott. For those of us who have a few hundred thousand Marriott points, I could probably stay there a whole year for free...

Potsdam has an Arby's and a McDonalds. Canton has neither.
                                We all know Potsdam > Canton.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X