Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#5 Boston College 🦅 at #4 Clarkson ♞: Ugh You Guys Again Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #5 Boston College �� at #4 Clarkson ♞: Ugh You Guys Again Seriously?

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    So, assuming I come up, which I think I am, are there any suggestions for a good place to eat beforehand? Esp. one that might be across the border which would be fun.
    On another thread you indicated you were making the round trip in one day. If the motive is to save coin, you might want to consider the Northern Family Motel. Basic accommodations, but very competitively priced. On my visit, the Blueberry Muffins that came with the included breakfast were top notch.

Or, if you decide to splurge after all, the Clarkson Inn is quite nice. Whatever you decide, travel safely!

Comment

Re: #5 Boston College 🦅 at #4 Clarkson ♞: Ugh You Guys Again Seriously?

I keep forgetting the women's game is at 2pm, so you're gonna need a joint that's open for lunch.... Half Ton's sports bar in Potsdam is usually my go to lunch/pregame spot with my brother before hockey games. Wings, sandwiches, burgers, nachos, beers.

Comment

Originally posted by CLKHockey View Post
        I would not eat at Ebens Hearth if it was free.....

I too am a wing fanatic, if it's wings your after, The Raquette River Pub, a small pub about 15 minutes from Potsdam in Colton has the best wings around.. Good friends of mine and have won the North Country wing challenge 2 years in a row... Spicy Maple is their fan favorite, but many other good sauces....

For pizza its Sergis, for Italian its Mama Lucia's, for sreak and seafood its The Lobster House. Those are all can't miss places... Oh and The Cantina in Potsdam has pretty decent mexican and quite good margaritas!!

I would also recommend an in house dinner at the Barben Rooms right in Cheel, but that won't be until after the women's game. I think saturday night we will eat there..
        ^^^This right here is gold. Thank you!

I would not eat at Ebens Hearth if it was free.....
        You have my full confidence now.

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        On another thread you indicated you were making the round trip in one day. If the motive is to save coin...
        Nah it's not that -- I was originally thinking of spending the night but Mrs. TheTiger would rather I get back Saturday if I can, she normally stays at her parents' place if I go somewhere overnight but isn't able to this weekend because they're away.

I could stay up there if I really have to -- if the weather gets bad or something -- but I try and make my lady happy haha
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I was originally thinking of spending the night but Mrs. TheTiger would rather I get back Saturday if I can, she normally stays at her parents' place if I go somewhere overnight but isn't able to this weekend because they're away.

I could stay up there if I really have to -- if the weather gets bad or something -- but I try and make my lady happy haha
          You haven't made a women's hockey fan of her yet? Even to keep you company on the drive? Dude!
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Nah it's not that -- I was originally thinking of spending the night but Mrs. TheTiger would rather I get back Saturday if I can, she normally stays at her parents' place if I go somewhere overnight but isn't able to this weekend because they're away.

Got it; I've set similar itineraries myself. Mrs. pgb isn't a big fan either.

That said... Clarkson Inn + One of CLKHockey's dinner recommendations? Mrs. TheTiger just might be in. Can't know if you don't ask!

Comment

With the men's playoff games and the women's game this weekend, if you don't have your room booked by last week you can forget about getting anything in Potsdam and you may be lucky to get something in Massina.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                With the men's playoff games and the women's game this weekend, if you don't have your room booked by last week you can forget about getting anything in Potsdam and you may be lucky to get something in Massina.
                Or, if you're going home that night, Saranac Lake or Lake Placid are ~90 minutes away.

Boutique Air flies from Logan to Massena.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  No offense to Connolly but if there is any fighting to do for bc there is only one player you need.

The chief export of Megan Keller is pain.
                  If you can see Megan Keller, she can see you. If you can't see Megan Keller, you may be only seconds away from death.
                  There are no weapons of mass destruction. Just Megan Keller.
                  Megan Keller grinds her coffee with her teeth and boils the water with her own rage
                  Megan Keller doesn't actually write books, the words assemble themselves out of fear.
                  I will miss Megan Keller. When she lifts weights, the barbells get stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                    I will miss Megan Keller.
                    I was just thinking that when I posted. Maybe Watts can re-energize and fill the power void next year.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Boutique Air flies from Logan to Massena.
                      Ohhhhhh man.... If the times worked better I would very seriously consider doing this
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        Surely there's enough hotel space to handle a few hockey games (and only two different visiting teams). It's a town with three colleges in it (with a fourth only 20 miles away)....
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

I can't remember a past matchup of #4 vs #5 where I thought both had a good chance to win if they advance. Of course, #4 seeds (e.g., SLU in 2001, Brown in 2002, UM in 2006) and #5 seeds (Cornell in 2010) have made the final, but I don't remember anyone lower than #3 ever winning the title. Clarkson vs BC, however, is a rather heavyweight matchup for this spot in the bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            I can't remember a past matchup of #4 vs #5 where I thought both had a good chance to win if they advance. Of course, #4 seeds (e.g., SLU in 2001, Brown in 2002, UM in 2006) and #5 seeds (Cornell in 2010) have made the final, but I don't remember anyone lower than #3 ever winning the title. Clarkson vs BC, however, is a rather heavyweight matchup for this spot in the bracket.
                            I just wonder how heavyweight it is seeing at both under performed for large chunks of the season. How about last year when the rodents got sent to UW for comparison?
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I just wonder how heavyweight it is seeing at both under performed for large chunks of the season. How about last year when the rodents got sent to UW for comparison?
                              They underperformed, but if Sauvé plays like she did last year, Clarkson will be a tough out. And I have it on good authority that people are just plain scared to play BC, so there's that.

Wasn't UW vs UM last year at #2 and #7? I didn't think the Gophers last year were good enough to win three straight against teams of that caliber, in spite of their WCHA run. In 2013, I think UND (as an #8 seed) was the equal of BU, but we'll never know how the Whioux would have done versus BC or BU. Maybe they'd have abruptly quit?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                                Surely there's enough hotel space to handle a few hockey games (and only two different visiting teams). It's a town with three colleges in it (with a fourth only 20 miles away)....
                                Three?

There are two in Potsdam (SUNY Potsdam and Clarkson) and two in Canton (SUNY Canton and St. Lawrence). Those two towns are 11 miles apart. So, I don't know how you are counting three.

And, they are both tiny towns with limited hotel numbers, especially anything other than "fleabag" motels. Though, the new Hampton Inns helped significantly.
                                Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-13-2019, 02:41 PM.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X