Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flosports deal with new WCHA a disaster for fans

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I'll confirm that it works on my old Roku and will ship it to you. (First step: find that Roku.)

GFM
    I found the ROKU app to be very user unfriendly. Finding games played earlier in the season was extremely frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      I wonder if his Wealthy parents are in the admissions scandal?

He kinda sounds like..... you know who.
      Young kid doing a news program, either in a student program or a small market, where young kids go to learn the profession, wrong video clip comes up. Kid has a bad show to be forever lambasted and lampooned by people who couldn’t do any better. Anyone else screw up while learning something new?
      Last edited by davyd83; 03-20-2019, 06:42 PM.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Young kid doing a news program, either in a student program or a small market, where young kids go to learn the profession, wrong video clip comes up. Kid has a bad show to be forever lambasted and lampooned by people who couldn’t do any better. Anyone else screw up while learning something new?
        Nope not me. rolls eyes
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Its forgivable when a student learning on the job has troubles.

When an Ashley Sarge stumbles through eight weeks of it, it's d*mn near criminal.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

FloSports pro subscription is $150/year or $30/mo. While the quality on some broadcasts isn't great, you get way more than WCHA now...Plenty of road NC games were on there. I liked the service and loved the MTU home broadcasts. There are certainly places to improve, but as a niche sport...things are expense. I do have my issues with how many layers there are in the app to actually get my game of choice playing...the one thing I always have hated about any of these streaming services is the pass the buck attitude. I know many of the issues are on the schools but you'd think by now the schools would get it right and we could stop getting the streaming service to blame the schools.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              FloSports pro subscription is $150/year or $30/mo. While the quality on some broadcasts isn't great, you get way more than WCHA now...Plenty of road NC games were on there. I liked the service and loved the MTU home broadcasts. There are certainly places to improve, but as a niche sport...things are expense. I do have my issues with how many layers there are in the app to actually get my game of choice playing...the one thing I always have hated about any of these streaming services is the pass the buck attitude. I know many of the issues are on the schools but you'd think by now the schools would get it right and we could stop getting the streaming service to blame the schools.
              when my old lady found out they have live..... Flodance,flovoice flocheer,and flovarsitytv......... I was henpecked into watching day old replays.......
              Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-22-2019, 03:05 PM.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

the one thing I always have hated about any of these streaming services is the pass the buck attitude. I know many of the issues are on the schools but you'd think by now the schools would get it right and we could stop getting the streaming service to blame the schools.
                Thank you, I feel the same way. These leagues treat the streaming services as easy revenue and they neglect any customer service. Case in point--earlier this year I paid for BTN+ (I don't advise this) to watch the UM-WMU game. I specifically signed up two hours before the game and tried to register the account, etc, two hours before the game so that I could ensure it would work by game time.

Of course, I had registration issues right after it ran my payment. Then of course, it locked me out of my account. Do you think anyone from BTN got back to me in time to watch the game? Of course not. They volunteered to help me the next day, but then refused to give me a refund saying "we don't do refunds." I blocked the payment with my credit card provider, but this left a poor taste in my mouth.

These leagues act like these streaming video services and payment methods are so seamless that they can literally sit back and watch the money roll in. If I signed up for HBO to watch Game of Thrones and I had an account issue that prevented me from watching the episode, you know **** well Time Warner would have someone on the phone who could at least try to help me and pretend that I am somewhat of a valued customer they'd like to retain. Yes, I know the new WCHA is not a media titan like Time Warner, but this is not the approach the new WCHA and B1G mistake (love that) are taking with their streaming services.
                CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

I think flohockey is better than stretch. More games to watch and less buffering problems ( off grid with no wifi or internet conn). My complaint is that the website itself is very glitchy on accessing replays. I was unable to watch the BG/MSU stream on my iPad, although it will play on my phone. I still haven't been able to watch Techs last game against BG because it just says "event complete" and won't play it. I am dedicated to watching my alma mater play so I'll probably pony up next year, but they will get a bunch (more) feedback from me on the issues I had accessing the product I paid for this year.

The only pbp announcer in the wcha I don't enjoy is LSSU's. He sounds like A 1930's gangster or something, the inflection in his voice is cringeworthy. Apologies if he reads this, just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                    I think flohockey is better than stretch. More games to watch and less buffering problems ( off grid with no wifi or internet conn). My complaint is that the website itself is very glitchy on accessing replays. I was unable to watch the BG/MSU stream on my iPad, although it will play on my phone. I still haven't been able to watch Techs last game against BG because it just says "event complete" and won't play it. I am dedicated to watching my alma mater play so I'll probably pony up next year, but they will get a bunch (more) feedback from me on the issues I had accessing the product I paid for this year.

The only pbp announcer in the wcha I don't enjoy is LSSU's. He sounds like A 1930's gangster or something, the inflection in his voice is cringeworthy. Apologies if he reads this, just my opinion.
                    I really hate the number of layers to get to a game and yes, they need to have the replays organized by team or something...the app can be quite clunky. My biggest issue was trying to watch the HEA championship game...I was allowed to on my phone but on my roku it said it wasn't available...***. I started a support ticket and of course it wasn't resolved before the game was over.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I really hate the number of layers to get to a game and yes, they need to have the replays organized by team or something...the app can be quite clunky. My biggest issue was trying to watch the HEA championship game...I was allowed to on my phone but on my roku it said it wasn't available...***. I started a support ticket and of course it wasn't resolved before the game was over.
                      I had the same issue with my Roku and the HE games. It showed them on the viewing schedule, but when I clicked and clicked and clicked on them it was unavailable. I said **** it and watched on my phone.

What also got me, is they showed only some of the NCHC playoff games. I wanted to watch UMD vs Omaha and WMU vs CC. The first game of UMD was available, but not the second game. For WMU, the second game was available, but not the first of third. Whatever, I guess some hockey is better than no hockey at all.

For $30/month the Roku and phone app should be a lot better. I should be able to get a list view of the hockey schedule, one click on the game I want to watch, and be taken to that game. I should not have to pick what day's live feed of the weekend series I want to watch. (If it's Friday's live stream why would I want to attempt to live stream Saturday's game? Why have two separate options?)

Flo is better than stretch, but that isn't saying much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                        I had the same issue with my Roku and the HE games. It showed them on the viewing schedule, but when I clicked and clicked and clicked on them it was unavailable. I said **** it and watched on my phone.

What also got me, is they showed only some of the NCHC playoff games. I wanted to watch UMD vs Omaha and WMU vs CC. The first game of UMD was available, but not the second game. For WMU, the second game was available, but not the first of third. Whatever, I guess some hockey is better than no hockey at all.

For $30/month the Roku and phone app should be a lot better. I should be able to get a list view of the hockey schedule, one click on the game I want to watch, and be taken to that game. I should not have to pick what day's live feed of the weekend series I want to watch. (If it's Friday's live stream why would I want to attempt to live stream Saturday's game? Why have two separate options?)

Flo is better than stretch, but that isn't saying much.
                        yeah the NCHC is based on the home rink I think. Only some of them are available vs all for WCHA. Hopefully we get to a point of where most of college hockey is on FloHockey so you don't have to pay for month of different services to see your teams road games...they're all in one place. Supposedly next year it will be WCHA and AHA plus HEA playoffs and sporadic other games.

Comment

yeah the NCHC is based on the home rink I think. Only some of them are available vs all for WCHA. Hopefully we get to a point of where most of college hockey is on FloHockey so you don't have to pay for month of different services to see your teams road games...they're all in one place. Supposedly next year it will be WCHA and AHA plus HEA playoffs and sporadic other games.
                          Yep. That would be nice. Just odd that select games from the same playoff match-up were on. One would logically think if they carried one game of a series, they would carry both/all the games from that series.
                          Last edited by Lost_Husky; 03-26-2019, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                            Yep. That would be nice. Just odd that sprat games from the same playoff match-up were on. One would logically think if they carried one game of a series, they would carry both/all the games from that series.
                            hmm, that is odd.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              If people are paying $30 per month, it is absolutely unacceptable to have students doing the broadcast that don't know what they're doing. This is a business, not a class. If they're going to be student broadcasts, the price needs to be FREE. If they're charging, it needs to be a professional production. END OF STORY.
                              This is absolutely correct.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                This is absolutely correct.
                                If you brought in professional production teams and professional broadcast talent for all included events, the costs would be far higher. Astronomically higher. And I guarantee that there are student crews that out on some pretty good productions.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X